Psycodiver

Revisiting the Myogi

I decided recently to revisit ships I didn't do so well in, mainly to improve my stats to at least 50% or better. Well my first challenge I set my eyes on is the Myogi, oh god why. I still had my 12 point Kongo captain sitting around so I retrained him for the Myogi and first battle in I quickly remember why I hated this ship even though I haven't touched it since OBT. First lets look at what is good which is umm well, its got great speed, yep and hmmmm OH YEA 14" guns and uhhh okish AA? This ship is pure artillery support, but it can't really do that because while it has great range its accuracy sucks and you only have 6 guns. You won't be easily deleting cruisers in this ship, well unless RNG likes you. Nope this ship relies on your allies acting as proper meat shields, except the enemy will pretty much always see you first thanks to its detection, and enemy potatoes love focusing down on the first ship regardless of what else pops up. Sigh why do I do this to myself. This ship begs to be brawled but its soft and its range (with mandatory spotter) begs it to be a sniper but doesn't have the accuracy nor the amount of guns to make up for said accuracy. It amazes me for how good the Kongo is, this ship is basically the same but with 1 less turret yet feels so much worse. Currently sitting at 21 losses and 12 wins, this means I have allot of battles ahead of me to take this ship over 50%, if ever.....

I found round 2 of Myogi to be fine. All you have to do is kite away, and let the enemies bounce off your armor. the big guns offer you some punching power, but not sure how it compares to the other tier 4s (specifically nikolai's 305s). 

Well fighting a Nikolai in my Itchy Zucchini is easy, start fires and switch to AP, when they put the fires out, switch back to HE start the fire again and back to AP. In the Wyoming I use its very very nice range buff to beat them down and about the same with Kaiser I bum rush them, bouncing their shells while hitting anything that is presenting a flat side