garryallen

What the heck are wg doing with the nameless?

5 minutes ago, Unavailebow said:

Few minor things QB got it wrong.

It has -5 to the front, -8 to the sides

80mm side armor was never the problem. 40mm spaced tracks are.

UFP is rounded, 235-270 otherwise overangling.

LFP is around 200 when you consider the gun height of various vehicles, QB picked an overly high angle of approach, too close to be exact.

Other things are pretty much as stated, apart from the traverse speed which makes me hate it, overpowered.

It basically made the the Patriot as a heavium obsolete, which was already a pretty good heavium.

Also the Liberte, but it's not as strong if your analysis is correct.

What I dont get is why. Sure they want money and that is fine but they always got it even by selling non op premiums. Now I would understand they expected their cash grab from the liberte onward would be sort of "undetected", but after the Foch incident? That huge PR disaster has already painted WG as a greedy cash grab company and they still want to continue in this direction? This does not feel like a good marketing maneuver, unless they saw despite the Chrysler K bad advertisement it still gave them a big profit or they saw a huge drop in the player base and now they want to milk the cow until it is dead.

To make QB declare this tank is OP and PAY TO WIN is huge. I have never heard such from him before and they should be afraid of the consequences. 

19 minutes ago, ZXrage said:

It basically made the the Patriot as a heavium obsolete, which was already a pretty good heavium.

Also the Liberte, but it's not as strong if your analysis is correct.

Definitely stomping on the Mle.49, but not 26E5. 21deg on medium terrain with 25deg turret traverse means it is only a medium on a straght line. Turning radius on high speed is so bad that I nearly broke my finger on the keyboard.

Anything requires hulldown Shameless has a cupola, big one. 50% of the visible areas are flat points cicra 200-220 as everybody forgets normalisation is a thing which takes 5deg of angling off. the mug is also way higher than the gunsight, obviously meaning it will be seen before the snipe mode can catch the enemy. 26E5 can at least afford to take anything with it face, I wouldn't risk myself in the Shameless at close range because it has 240 cheeks and a mug on top.

I have also noticed the gun of the Shameless is way too close to its deck, Acquiring -8 on its side was risking its side armour exposed.

30 minutes ago, Unavailebow said:

I don't have problems for putting VC tanks because there is no point pursuing high level of historical accuracy when we have a health bar. Less blame to the Edelweiss because it is not unkillable (?). People depicting and expecting WoT to be a WW2/KR war era tank are definitely having too much imagination, worthless ideal. The problems for Nameless are on its stats, may link to powercreep issues but historical accuracy? Since when people believe it is a thing.

Its about immersion, japan heavys might be fake, and ridiculous as ``concept``, but they atleast look like real tanks, but these fake anime shit tards?

These anime shit and bonds both really, really make me dislike wot a lot, both screw the core concept of wot:

• mindless grinding / paying for something gives no advantage (gold ammo is a grey area, but my opnion about that is known...)
  • The tanks in the game are still ``real``, WG only alters them a bit, or make things work that irl wouldnt work, outright fakes are very rare outside japan tech tree

Sure E50m is a WG invention (the M stands for Makarov, a WG dev....) buuuuut: putting the engine in the rear to place the turret a bit forward is not something unrealistic, perhaps if the germans had ever designed a different engine, or an engine pack or new gear box they would have done it anyway, its not space tech. Same for the grille, as mass producting vehicle? ofc not, but as 1 of a kind modification? why not, your stuck in some base, have some old chassis and a big ass gun, why not put the gun on the chassis? heck, the grille is from an engineering / historical pov more ``real`` as a Jp-E100, a huge brick with fixed gun, its not a improvised vehicle some guys can put together as last resort thing, and it offers not real combat advantage, it would be far more useless as even the Maus / E100....

25 minutes ago, GehakteMolen said:

Its about immersion, japan heavys might be fake, and ridiculous as ``concept``, but they atleast look like real tanks, but these fake anime shit tards?

These anime shit and bonds both really, really make me dislike wot a lot, both screw the core concept of wot:

• mindless grinding / paying for something gives no advantage (gold ammo is a grey area, but my opnion about that is known...)
  • The tanks in the game are still ``real``, WG only alters them a bit, or make things work that irl wouldnt work, outright fakes are very rare outside japan tech tree

Sure E50m is a WG invention (the M stands for Makarov, a WG dev....) buuuuut: putting the engine in the rear to place the turret a bit forward is not something unrealistic, perhaps if the germans had ever designed a different engine, or an engine pack or new gear box they would have done it anyway, its not space tech. Same for the grille, as mass producting vehicle? ofc not, but as 1 of a kind modification? why not, your stuck in some base, have some old chassis and a big ass gun, why not put the gun on the chassis? heck, the grille is from an engineering / historical pov more ``real`` as a Jp-E100, a huge brick with fixed gun, its not a improvised vehicle some guys can put together as last resort thing, and it offers not real combat advantage, it would be far more useless as even the Maus / E100....

Immersion, there was no raise from the start. Historically accuracy is PR begging for trust. People fell for it.

Let's put in this way, what I have seen is a rage isn't toward historically accuracy, but anime culture. "At least look like real tanks", copypasta surely looks familiar, T28. No, to me this felt more like people using "historically accuracy" to stir the pot, I have to clarify I have no interest in animation. WG's invention, indeed some of them has wordings to back them up, I knew most of them. Yet, I would not take such documents as a point to be stood on, they are, undoubtedly, Inventions.

If you are looking for an immersion, think of them shamelessly promoting the game with "historical accuracy" while T28, Proto, FV215 120, T110E4, E50M and all those inventions still remain and depicting them as "blueprints" like they are going to fool everybody. I don't see there is hope to believe that is a genuine criterion for WG to develop the game.

Cents dropped.

56 minutes ago, nabucodonsor said:

To make QB declare this tank is OP and PAY TO WIN is huge. I have never heard such from him before and they should be afraid of the consequences. 

There are no short of prem ammo being firing at in this server. No I am not implying a lesser value in armour, especially at Tier 8, but armour as an unpredictable, unreliable factor unless something like an Emil II. A weakspot can only be penned by prem and people blame it. Wait, so people do expect prem ammo do not have to aim or sth? If a so-called "weakspot" can be penned with credit, so what's the point of prem ammo? Again expect prem ammo to lol pen 75% of the tank?

Let the implication flows among individuals, QB just one of them. Claiming lower tiers have no chance what so ever, which always is, isn't the most convincing way of saying a vehicle is overpowered, especially going down the tiers. No hope on penetrating a tanks is better than having 1/2 the HP of higher tier opponents. Which my thoughts on T6-T8 is exactly, health pool problems.

Remember one last time QB declare a tank is weak? :kappaross:

Still. WG is greedy, as always. Not the first time for these stupidities so only the trend is relatively clear, powercreep. Overpowered premiums came and again and again. Think of the Mle.49, T26E5, 252, there were enough discussion back they were released. So for this? It is just a matter of time.

8 minutes ago, Unavailebow said:

Immersion, there was no raise from the start. Historically accuracy is PR begging for trust. People fell for it.

Let's put in this way, what I have seen is a rage isn't toward historically accuracy, but anime culture. "At least look like real tanks", copypasta surely looks familiar, T28. No, to me this felt more like people using "historically accuracy" to stir the pot, I have to clarify I have no interest in animation. WG's invention, indeed some of them has wordings to back them up, I knew most of them. Yet, I would not take such documents as a point to be stood on, they are, undoubtedly, Inventions.

If you are looking for an immersion, think of them shamelessly promoting the game with "historical accuracy" while T28, Proto, FV215 120, T110E4, E50M and all those inventions still remain and depicting them as "blueprints" like they are going to fool everybody. I don't see there is hope to believe that is a genuine criterion for WG to develop the game.

Cents dropped.

Sure, E50m and these anime fuck tanks are both ``equal fake``, pick up your cents and go play back to SEA server...

edit: + the game is (still) paid by people like me, who play a long time, and have premium account for ages (paid with money, since im not gonna play fucking cw) players like me are:

• Interested in tanks (hence we started playing the game in the first place)
  • historical setting, and when needed for gameplay, some fakes / reality bending (say T28 proto, to be able to make a tech tree)
  • dont care much for clanwars / tournaments / ``improving``

Putting these anime shit in the game is pissing me off as much as arty, and i wont renew my premium account for sure, i still have a lot of days left, but i wont buy any new, the whole direction, with too strong prems lack of new maps, retarded game mode (the 30vs30 was nice, but instead we get ranked battle FUCK YOU WG, FUCK YOU VERY MUCH) is annoying me

I dont think heavy meta is bad, BUT it should be a start for new balance, not end, we should now see new maps, where the buffed heavys and nerfed arty can be proper balanced against other tank classes, but we dont get new maps, we get fucking retard prems

And as biggest insult, they put those fake shit in, middle tier swe tds are dog shit bad, because ``realism`` yet they also put in these anime fuckers, this is (for me) the straw that broke the camel's back.

This anime shit in on EU means im out,

ps: and if i quit a game, i quit for good, i (so far) never ``took a break`` to come back later, and i bet many wot players, who just like me, play to drive around and shoot a bit, are like this, once we quit, we quit for good....

ps ps: i always said the only one who can kill wot are WG themself, and it seems they now really put work into it, because believe me this WILL kill wot...

6 minutes ago, Hellsfog said:

The whole WG makes up tanks all the time so what's wrong with anime tanks argument is idiotic.  

If you cant see why the above is retarded and the bottom one is no problem, them im sorry:

ButbREOdntM.jpg

And:

e50m.jpg

59 minutes ago, GehakteMolen said:

Exactly. As long as the "Serb Bureau"-invented tanks have a basis in reality, they are fine, even if they never existed or or weren't even considered (to our knowledge). An FV 215b 120 is perfectly fine. An E50 or an E50M as an extrapolation on a vague project that would likely have resulted in an E50 is absolutely legit. Same with the jap superheavies. They are ahistorical, but plans and thoughts are documented and existed and while some tanks in that line are pure Serb-work, they fit the line and design-thought. It would be the same if they threw the 105mm gun onto the Caernarvon, the tank would have been perfectly capable of carrying the gun in reality, as practically anything that could mount the 20 pounder, was able to mount the 105, not in the least supported by the Centurion, with basically the exact same turret mounting that very gun (please WG, DO, NOW) or throwing the Centurion-turret on the Black Prince, which was considered and physically possible (the game is ready and waiting for a 20 pounder BP).

On the other end of the spectrum, you have these tanks, which have no basis in reality, which are not needed to fit gaps in a lineup and which do not even have the slightest root in reality. Some of the tanks we have in game, have silly weights considering the amount of armor they carry. Just think about the old Löwe, which had worse armor than a Tiger II, had about the same dimensions, yet somehow weighted almost 20 tons more for some esotheric reason and no benefit whatsoever. And now you look at a ~35t vehicle, that moves like a Comet, has the armor of a Mäuschen and the engine power of a T5 tank. What? This isn't a sensible aproxmiation, it serves no purpose, it's pure and utter gimmick. This just should not happen, at all and if it had to happen, then please, make it a dedicated game-mode or at least have the fucking brain, to balance it in a way that is not a complete wank resulting in tanks that are outperforming the OP premiums that the most recent shitstorm was about.

12 minutes ago, Hellsfog said:

The whole WG makes up tanks all the time so what's wrong with anime tanks argument is idiotic.  

Like Gehakte already said, WG creations like E-50M, T28 prot or even the WT E100, while ridiculius and unrealistic, atleast look like a tanks and would be at very least be some kind of obscure "projects" or "what if" kind of tanks. 

These anime tanks in return are not even realistic anyhow and look like they are not from IRL-style universe, but actual non-real tanks. And one of them (nameless) is also fucking OP, and OVERPRICED ON TOP OF THAT, making it also ultimate P2W tank and as retarded icing cake you cannot even swap the anime crew and no one told about that anywhere, so you cannot even use it as crew trainer.

If this hits EU then I will probably say bye as well, and I am sure I wont be only one who will do that.

46 minutes ago, Unavailebow said:

Cents dropped.

There are no short of prem ammo being firing at in this server. No I am not implying a lesser value in armour, especially at Tier 8, but armour as an unpredictable, unreliable factor unless something like an Emil II. A weakspot can only be penned by prem and people blame it. Wait, so people do expect prem ammo do not have to aim or sth? If a so-called "weakspot" can be penned with credit, so what's the point of prem ammo? Again expect prem ammo to lol pen 75% of the tank?

Let the implication flows among individuals, QB just one of them. Claiming lower tiers have no chance what so ever, which always is, isn't the most convincing way of saying a vehicle is overpowered, especially going down the tiers. No hope on penetrating a tanks is better than having 1/2 the HP of higher tier opponents. Which my thoughts on T6-T8 is exactly, health pool problems.

Remember one last time QB declare a tank is weak? :kappaross:

Still. WG is greedy, as always. Not the first time for these stupidities so only the trend is relatively clear, powercreep. Overpowered premiums came and again and again. Think of the Mle.49, T26E5, 252, there were enough discussion back they were released. So for this? It is just a matter of time.

The Defender&Co tanks were released not long ago and I really can not remember of a OP premium since the type59 or the e25 in between. Remember  WG policy about not making premium tanks on par with same tanks? And when the Defender came out the same QB said "this is not op since tier tens shit on it". Then the chrysler k came out and QB said "this might be considered OP by someone". Now QB see this tanks and says "this tank is more OP than Defender&Co". For him to say this considering how much he has been on WG side must mean a lot. 

You maybe do not understand how important youtubers are, and QB has a huge fanbase ready to follow what he says. Do you think this is good advertisement to say tank X is pay to win, especially after what has happend with Foch? Do you understand in what position WG has put themselfs in after censoring Foch? They have to be careful because people will not tolerate as much bullshit as before. Instead they sell a tank which is called by now the number one CC streamer, an OP pay to win tank. This is huge, big enough to bring the game down to a point of never return. If the game is still agonizing atm this will be finishing blow for it. I do not understand how they could come up with such a stupid idea. It makes no sense at all

I stopped playing this game shortly after CW2.0 came out, and have only played a handful of games since (mostly 1v1 tournaments). From what I'm reading from everyone in this thread is that things have only gotten worse, and there is even less of a reason to play tanks? 

At least they haven't shit on ships yet. It's still fun.

From the original art of Edelweiss, I wouldn't call it entirely unrealistic as I spotted several parts of different tanks put together. Pz III transmission, Bulldog turret, German box tank TC cupola and oversized T-54 gun mantlet is what I could identified. The hull is too round to make out what it actually from though.

That doesn't mean I support them for putting this thing into the game. I said above because I've been wondering for a while now that how much people is angry because it's OP, and how much is only because of who the designer was?

I haven't find many Edelweiss or Nameless during the last foray into WoT a few hours back and haven't fight any of them directly yet, so I still have no practical experience to speak of. But then again, I wouldn't drive AMX 50 100 up the brawling corridor to face them directly, or any tank for that matter.

PS. At least they're not making the White Tiger from Russian Server Event a Premium Tank though... even if it's "Realistic", that thing will put a whole new meaning to "Power Creep" if released as is.

1 hour ago, GehakteMolen said:

If you cant see why the above is retarded and the bottom one is no problem, them im sorry:

ButbREOdntM.jpg

And:

e50m.jpg

1 hour ago, leggasiini said:

Like Gehakte already said, WG creations like E-50M, T28 prot or even the WT E100, while ridiculius and unrealistic, atleast look like a tanks and would be at very least be some kind of obscure "projects" or "what if" kind of tanks. 

These anime tanks in return are not even realistic anyhow and look like they are not from IRL-style universe, but actual non-real tanks. And one of them (nameless) is also fucking OP, and OVERPRICED ON TOP OF THAT, making it also ultimate P2W tank and as retarded icing cake you cannot even swap the anime crew and no one told about that anywhere, so you cannot even use it as crew trainer.

If this hits EU then I will probably say bye as well, and I am sure I wont be only one who will do that.

You guys realize that you misread my post.  The argument that WG makes up tanks all the time so anime tanks are okay is idiotic is exactly what you both wrote.  The only difference is it took you more than one sentence.  

1 hour ago, Hellsfog said:

The whole "WG makes up tanks all the time so what's wrong with anime tanks" argument is idiotic.  

I guess I could have made it more clear with quotation marks.

The Edelweiss acceleration  :triggered: Can someone who bought it do a comparison vs a CDC ?? (it "only" has 25hp/t but has less than half the ground resistance has the cdc)..

QB's reaction to the crew voices, hahaha.

Not overly annoyed by the tank's apprearance. It's a looks like a plump German. But seriously, did WG think the fact this tank cannot be used for crew training (a drawback the ammo price more than make up for anyway) is enough to offset those retarded stats ?

3 hours ago, leggasiini said:

Or can we just design our own tanks at this point?

Play crossout or whatever chems plays, he thinks its way better than wot :P

I'm fine if they create another spin off with only fictional tanks like this or warhammer machines. Ah wait. This spin off will surely be P2W to no end. Then people have more money than brain will have their heaven and happy. WG gets money. Win win.

3 minutes ago, wes said:

I'm fine if they create another spin off with only fictional tanks like this or warhammer machines. Ah wait. This spin off will surely be P2W to no end. Then people have more money than brain will have their heaven and happy. WG gets money. Win win.

Like 8 bit battles but anime battles? or where you actually have to buy tonks?

16 minutes ago, garryallen said:

Like 8 bit battles but anime battles? or where you actually have to buy tonks?

If I'm the one in charge, I will get rid of tech tree, no tiers what so ever. There will be free to play tanks, players need only grind credits to buy them. Let's say all free to play tanks are rated from 1 to 5 in power. Real money tanks will all be 3 to 6 in power. Power 1 will face power 6 tanks, that's the trick to get people pay2win. No need to worry about do tanks have enough different in how they fight or drive. As long as tanks look different, sound different ( There are people like high pitch anime female voice ), people will buy them. See how many SEA folks had already paid shit load of real dollar to buy the anime tanks at day 1 says a lot.

5 hours ago, GehakteMolen said:

Yeah or KV-6

QQ20161207180859.jpg

Its also soviet, so should be guud tenk regardless

Before they make that thing, they should make turret gun on M3 Lee/Grant and Hull howitzer on Char B1 and its palette swap works first, because who in their right mind will buy that thing when 4 other guns can't shoot? It'll be a powercreeped TOGII* at best.