leggasiini

Supertest: 9.20 French tank buffs (AMX 30/30B and tier 8-10 TDs)

7 hours ago, Kolni said:

This is just talk and no official announcements have been made. Same goes for russians playing on other servers

idk, i've been hearing this from wgl players on asia

3 hours ago, MagicalFlyingFox said:

idk, i've been hearing this from wgl players on asia

With new T10 lights etc it would obviously make sense to make it 7/70 but I think if you just use full T10 lineups alot of creativity in vision control disappears

Some EU teams even started training 7/70 but there hasn't been any announcements by WG or ESL yet so nobody knows for sure what's coming. Russian and some EU WGL players were invited to the HQ in Cyprus to discuss the game which is a VERY good sign. Not sure whether it's for the 7v7 or the game in general. Either way it's good to have top player feedback being considered so who knows how the mode and tierpoints'll end up next season

Just now, Kolni said:

With new T10 lights etc it would obviously make sense to make it 7/70 but I think if you just use full T10 lineups alot of creativity in vision control disappears

Some EU teams even started training 7/70 but there hasn't been any announcements by WG or ESL yet so nobody knows for sure what's coming. Russian and some EU WGL players were invited to the HQ in Cyprus to discuss the game which is a VERY good sign. Not sure whether it's for the 7v7 or the game in general. Either way it's good to have top player feedback being considered so who knows how the mode and tierpoints'll end up next season

Yeah, I dislike the supposed 7/70 format, the tier 8 or 2 tier 9s make for exciting picks and variations in strats, but i guess nerfing the batchat to the ground would achieve the same effect in theory, although in practice it probably just means how many Maus' would be used. 

29 minutes ago, MacusFlash said:

Rip french tds..

Why? They look better. The foch b gets more dpm and an op clip that can destroy an 113 in 10 seconds. Sure they nerfed the standard pen but no mention to gold nerf. 2,4k dmg in 10 seconds is a lot, with 36 seconds reaload. That is not bad at all depending on how good the handling is. If it can keep up with mediums this tank might be very interisting to see. This gun on any other platform might be even op.

23 minutes ago, GreatPenetrator said:

AMX 50 100

• Increased depression form 6 deg. to 9 deg.

50 100 buff from outta nowhere!

Makes sense so it keeps up with AMX 50 120 and 50 B gun dep buffs. The entire line expect 50 100 has good gun depression now so it only makes sense to also buff the 50 100 depression.

Something i now realize, does the 100mm on Mle 48 keep its normal single shot gun?

since buffing both the armor and cutting dispersion in half / making gun handling twice as good, might make the 100mm actually a good gun :P

Sure, 300 alpha is crap for a tier 8 TD, but with better mobility, armor and gun handling as a Jp-II it might be atleast decent 

So 30b basically goes from worst NATO med to clear best basically taking the best elements from the Cent AX, STB-1, Leopard 1 and M48 Patton in one go, with only really the penetration/velocity decrease an issue.

Also seems to have the highest DPM now of any tier 10 med, higher than even the 430, whilst still having better accuracy than the Patton and STB-1, and gun dispersion not far off the Patton's, with the best turret dispersion in the game I think. 

Great DPM, 390 alpha, very good gun handling, goes 65kph and arguably turret armour on par with the Cent AX/STB-1 if you can avoid people hitting that giant cupola, whilst still easily able to snipe well with 0.33 accuracy. 

And AMX 30r easily becomes the best tier 9 med, completely crapping all over the Patton. 

3 hours ago, nabucodonsor said:

Why? They look better. The foch b gets more dpm and an op clip that can destroy an 113 in 10 seconds. Sure they nerfed the standard pen but no mention to gold nerf. 2,4k dmg in 10 seconds is a lot, with 36 seconds reaload. That is not bad at all depending on how good the handling is. If it can keep up with mediums this tank might be very interisting to see. This gun on any other platform might be even op.

Only Foch APCR looks better. With AP it's a lol TD in Maus meta.

6 minutes ago, MacusFlash said:

True but it looks like a t57 heavy with more mobility and no turret. If it has better handling then it could give nasty surprises. 

So  I love how they are nerfing the Bat for no reason but they give the Foch a 2,4k clip. Seems pretty balanced to me.

Shit balancing. The 263 gets extra alpha because it's a TD. The same reasoning why 122s deal more damage than 120s or 90mms are innately more powerful than 88mms for some reason or why 150s are absurdly more powerful than 128s. The underlying reason being... LOOK BEHIND YOU, A THREE-HEADED MONKEY!

49 minutes ago, hall0 said:

I just wondering why they gave the Obj 263 more alpha than the comparable heavy gun in the IS7. But Foch now has to deal with the same 50b alpha. 

JT has better alpha than 263.

2 hours ago, MacusFlash said:

You can actually hit things with the new Foch, which is a massive buff.

1 hour ago, Nekommando said:

You can actually hit things with the new Foch, which is a massive buff.

There are two types of shitty guns: 

- can hit but bounce way too often

-  hit hard but accuracy sucks

I'm afraid that Foch APCR (a proper new name for this tank) trades 2nd kind for number one on AP only. With APCR it will be an autoloader S-tank with better side armor and worse camo.

Easy to see why Foch B does not get good gold ammo. It would be far too good if it could unload 2.2k damage frontally against any target, in 10 seconds. Even now its potentially too good. In fact it has pretty insane dpm for autoloader. I thing normally tier 10 autoloaders are somewhere between 2k-2.5k dpm, FochB is 3.1k according to article.

Gun seems to have decently good handling. Also more sideways traverse which is another big weakness in current Foch155.

"Gun depression/elevation changed from -5/+12 to -6/+18 "

7 hours ago, tajj7 said:

So 30b basically goes from worst NATO med to clear best basically taking the best elements from the Cent AX, STB-1, Leopard 1 and M48 Patton in one go, with only really the penetration/velocity decrease an issue.

On 300 ping I feel like they've %%%%ed over my favourite tank tbh. I'd rather make shots count so nerfing shell velocity (the only directly experienced and differentiated counter to lag/ping) AND penetration hurt people on shitty connections the most.

I know that's not how it actually is, but final accuracy getting the shaft AND velocity AND pen is really a huge change in the way the tank plays and not necessarily for the better for everyone.

While it has 2s per shell in the drum, can it actually re-aim in those 2s. If it need 4s to actually get fully aimed, might not be nearly as good as it sounds.