Sign in to follow this  
Tupinambis

WG up to some shenanigans

Gamemodels3d has datamined a bunch of new models from the 9.19.1 test server client. A lot of new things that we have known about, i.e. Chinese tank destroyers. However, there are also suddenly a bunch of tier 2 "premium" vehicles that are variants of other, historical vehicles.

The B1, Chinese-Ha, Panzerjager I, Pz38t, PzIII ausf E, Panther, Panzer IV ausf D, Toldi III, Ke-Ni, Type 95 heavy, M5 Stuart, M3 Stuart, M2 medium, Jumbo Sherman, B2, SU-76, T-34/85M, T-46, T-70, T-28, LTB, and BT-7 are all sitting in the game client as tier 2 premiums. Some of these tanks are naturally tier 2 anyway, but most are not.

What do you think? Some historical game mode coming up? Or PVE?

Tbh I had a feeling a historical mode might be comming when I saw the downtiered T2 and Jagdtiger with historical armament. Although those do not fit well with the vehicles you found.

Maybe the tier 2s are for fodder, giving a set amount of exp/creds for killing them so they can make use of the current exp/credit formulas without having to derive another set just for HB? 

They tried many things... but the game remains just as boring as ever... because they planned with monetary concerns to begin with, instead of the other way round, starting with something interesting and ingenious and using that success to unlock the money part. 

Hence the fundamental core problems remain and they will not be removed as the company's financial model precludes authentic remedies.

a good working PVE could be fun, but it will only work / be a succes if:

1. The game mode itself should use ``rental tanks``, i can only use rental tiger if i have a tiger is my normal garage, rental tiger has seperated stats aswell, less reload speed and hp, more alpha dmg
  2. each map should have a different game mode, fitting with the setting, on prokhkorka open battle is fine, on ensk a convoy like game mode is better
  3. DONT use fixed teams, so no 15vs15, but perhaps 25 vs 5 when convoy or 20vs10 when defending, also make combat less chaotic, more multiple small scale battles in a row are better as 1 big battle, but ofc not on all maps...

With teams suited for the map / game mode and having special tanks, this could be a lot of fun, difficulty can be increased be adding a bit more opponents / harder opponents and by simply reducing hitpoints of your own tank, on medium, bots should be as good as on hard, only difference is, a bot has a panther, instead of Panzer IV...

As for rewards: New currency (hence why bonds for ranked battle are retarded, since it complicates historical battles...)

These coins can be used for:

• historical skins
  • historical prem tanks (mostly reskins / retiers)
  • historical insignia

To make the whole thing more grindy / increase long-livity, they should also add a bunch of missions, mmo style: kill 100 tigers, kill 400 panzer IV, win all maps german / soviet / us side, win fight without taking any hp dmg and so on and on and on, trow in some ``individual missions`` mission aswell (kill 4 tds in 1 game etc) and you can easy get over 100 missions

Its a shame WG never even bothered trying, a few non-idiotic players should be able to come up with a very good basic idea in less then an hour, some fine tuning and its ready to program and test

ps: i think WG was never even interested in it, it was just a placeholder / lie told to the playerbase over the years, and they dont give a fuck about this, since its simple to make, and last version was an insult to anyone who wants historical battles...

If something isn't immediatly successful, they tend to discard or forget it and if something appears to be successful, even if only on the surface, they jump at the chance like hungry lions and overdo it. It's their company-culture and a lack of level-headedness.