Psycodiver

Coming back to the Furataka

I decided to come back to the Furry Taco after playing it on OBT. I had a bad time with her then because she wasn't buffed yet and gave up on her. She's not bad now, I have to unlock the C hull but she isn't bad, her HE is very punchy and AP is workable

9 minutes ago, Archaic_One said:

I dont play boats, but +1 for click bait

That's the Furataka's nickname the Furry Taco lmao

54 minutes ago, Psycodiver said:

I decided to come back to the Furataka after playing it on OBT. I had a bad time with her then because she wasn't buffed yet and gave up on her. She's not bad now, I have to unlock the C hull but she isn't bad, her HE is very punchy and AP is workable

Tier for tier, she's better than Aoba and that, coming from someone who adores Aoba with puppy-eyes ever since meeting her in CBT, means a lot.

The addition of the C-hull was a huge quality of life improvement for the Furutaka. Prior that she was a poor to "meh" ship. Afterward she became one of the best tier 5 cruisers.

PS. We've just had this in the Shinonome thread. Please save the weird homophones for inside the thread, not the titles.It makes them very hard to search for.

2 hours ago, bathoz said:

PS. We've just had this in the Shinonome thread. Please save the weird homophones for inside the thread, not the titles.It makes them very hard to search for.

2 hours ago, bathoz said:

What other Furry Taco could anyone else be looking for here?

BTW, I fixed the subject

I still have her. the AP deals well with same tier cruisers, and both shells punch above the weight of a tier 5. not to mention good torp arcs similar to Atago, combined with usable torps. The only things I would change are longer range guns, and perhaps better RoF. But then you just have the Aoba at tier 5.

5 hours ago, SoliDeoGloria said:

I still have her. the AP deals well with same tier cruisers, and both shells punch above the weight of a tier 5. not to mention good torp arcs similar to Atago, combined with usable torps. The only things I would change are longer range guns, and perhaps better RoF. But then you just have the Aoba at tier 5.

Truth be told, Aoba could use a buff nowadays. It's more of a sidegrade to the Furutaka nowadays and in some decisive respects, it's actually worse than Furutaka, namely Furutaka has better turret traverse and considerably better torpedo arcs.

I ground out this ship before the C-hull arrived but I had good results nonetheless. The guns at the time were the heaviest hitting in tier 5 especially the AP. You could cit wreck Omahas and Phoenixs with ease!

Still hits the hardest, Kirov isn't superior. Kirov might have better pen, and 3 additional guns, but can't take a hit, and can't turn. Nor does she get usable torpedos, in most scenarios. And Kirov's bow can be overmatched by 8" AP.

Kirov is fun, but yeah, the Furutaka is love, one of my favorite ships. I also consider the Koenigsberg to be a good boat too, so there is that. I enjoy all three, but of the 3 you can tank better, hit harder, and get ROFL LOL torp hits with that 10km range when someone hurr durrs right into them thinking they are in a torp free zone.