Kaffee

Why does WG allows XVM in the game

I am clueless. Please enlighten me. Why does WG allows xvm in wot? List rationale or probable reasons from the company's perspective. Thank you.

20 minutes ago, MacusFlash said:

XVM -> stats -> rerolls + shit tons of gold ammo to improve DPB/WN8 -> gold -> real money

Ahh...  makes sense. Fanning the ego.

7 minutes ago, NightmareMk9 said:

LOLz.  You are a noobie, so I'll leave it at that.  But if you post count passes you WN8 you might want to find another game...

??? completely don't understand. And don't intend to. I'll leave it at that.

About the only mods they actively look to ban are focused on stuff that gives a clear competitive advantage, and even that is so loosely policed it's barely worth considering. So banning a mod that provides account information would be a stretch for even them. But when you consider all the positive impacts that would be lost I could almost see WG doing it.... because WG.

WG has been saying in some dev comments they do not like XVM but then anyone with clue understands WG cannot do much against XVM either.

Banning mod wont work, it is trivial to make out-of-game program which would show player stats in overlay over WoT or in extra window. Hiding player stats in WG API would just force mod makers to grap player data using other ways like fake modified game clients or crawling player data from WoT web site. Hiding player data everywhere would make lot of things more boring, despite all xvm whining lot of peoples like to compare stats for epeen and try to achieve better. Just look all these stat showing signatures in this thread posters are using...

Please realize that XVM is a modding tool for WoT. Many of the things that the vanilla client has nowadays were originally made by modders using the tools that XVM gave them.

One such tool was the ability to contact a database hosted by some of the original creators of XVM that stored the official Efficiency Ratings of players and displayed them in battle.

Again that is actually a small part of what XVM really is. In the beginning this service wasn't used a lot because you had to set up an FTP client polling a russian site which was somewhat difficult for the average person and also opened up a backdoor on your PC. But over time the mod interface of WoT and thus XVM greatly improved and many mod packs with automatic installers became common.

Only THEN did a good number of players use XVM (estimated about 20% of all players used it at the height of it's popularity) but a good 50% of these only use the UI/Garage mods, not the rating.

SO by the time the rating became widely used, XVM was providing a very valuable service to a good part of the community and thus WG didn't want to remove that.

Nowadays the number of XVM users is dropping monthly. So many nice features are already in the vanilla client and many of the former try hards either left or don't care much any more.

1 hour ago, Jaegaer said:

Please realize that XVM is a modding tool for WoT. Many of the things that the vanilla client has nowadays were originally made by modders using the tools that XVM gave them.

sahtila said:

"WG has been saying in some dev comments they do not like XVM but then anyone with clue understands WG cannot do much against XVM either.....     ....."

--------------------------------------------------------------------

These are the best answers so far. Thanks for the infor. 

I play with vanilla client, except for the camera zoom out mod which I think should be integrated to the client as 50m zoom out is too low. Most of the things needed are already in the client and playing mod free is pretty viable. 

I do not use xvm rating, I got the feeling that it doesn't add to the positive gaming experience. 

3 hours ago, sahtila said:

WG has been saying in some dev comments they do not like XVM but then anyone with clue understands WG cannot do much against XVM either.

:jebaited::jebaited::jebaited::jebaited::jebaited::jebaited::jebaited::jebaited::jebaited::jebaited::jebaited:

Bro, bro.....

Bro..

Take the first developper trainee you have, get him to spend 2 hours on the code and remove ennemy players name.. Boum, done deal..XVM can't access ennemy players stats and apply colour. Lets not find any excuse for this indie company accumulating millions of $$$$$ and unable to fix a simple issue.

You can't even talk to the enemy team anymore so why do you even need to know their names? Like said above they could easily fix it if they wanted to but, they would rather give arty access to platooning again and nerf a tier 10 medium that shouldn't even be touched except to give it more fucking ammo

On 28/06/2017 at 3:36 AM, Kaffee said:

I am clueless. Please enlighten me. Why does WG allows xvm in wot? List rationale or probable reasons from the company's perspective. Thank you.

Yeah maybe come back after you have understood the basics of the game and have a wn8 of more than 100

On 2017-6-28 at 5:56 AM, NightmareMk9 said:

LOLz.  You are a noobie, so I'll leave it at that.  But if your post count passes you WN8 you might want to find another game...

fuck.

2 minutes ago, MagicalFlyingFox said:

fuck.

Knew enabling would fk me over in the end.

That rule doesn't apply once you hit 2K Wn8, so you pass

BUT barely...

Who knows this quote (no googling bioches)

JB: Dude listen. You fuckin passed the test ok? But barely! Ya know what you got?
KG: What I get?
JB: F plus. *Click*

On 28/6/2017 at 5:56 AM, NightmareMk9 said:

LOLz.  You are a noobie, so I'll leave it at that.  But if your post count passes you WN8 you might want to find another game...

Being a teal shitter, I had to go back and check my posts.

I'm good for at least another 3 months.

8 hours ago, Henderson27 said:

Yeah maybe come back after you have understood the basics of the game and have a wn8 of more than 100

wow.... someone wants to expose his e-weenie....  except his isn't much to speak of.

see what I mean... xvm, stats, indecent exposure of e-weenies....

they mistaken humble modesty for a weakness.

btw.... why isn't our stats reflected in this forum anymore? just to stop tards like that from showing his little dick?