kaneaaa

Tanks by tier: keepers?

Which tanks from each tier do you think are keepers ? I want a good range of enjoyable tanks from each tier and would like some advice. 

Hmm. Top keeper from each tier IMO (granted I havent played tier 1-3 in ages and dont care very much of those tiers)

Tier 1: Loltracktor

Tier 2: Tetarch

Tier 3: Locust

Tier 4: Luchs

Tier 5: T67

Tier 6: Cromwell

Tier 7: T29

Tier 8: Pershing (technically IS-3 but the IS-3 was boring IMO and I like the pershing more)

Tier 9: hnnng hard one, T-54.

Tier 10: hnnng but STB-1

*** All my personal opinions and preferences. Only if I was able to have one tank from each tier in my garage

16 minutes ago, Assassin7 said:

Tier 8: Pershing (technically IS-3 but the IS-3 was boring IMO and I like the pershing more)

I'm tempted to say none

8 minutes ago, lavawing said:

I'm tempted to say none

IS-3 is still a keeper. There are 2 standard tier 8 heavies that are competitive at tier 8 and only the IS-3 doesn't need goldspam. Its still a medium tank with 390 alpha and a very good turret. 

Pershing is really good but needs to press 2. RHM is a really good keeper tank with the 15cm because its fucking fun. 2 to win of course.

For myself:

Not sure about 1-3

4: Hetzer (retarded DPM and the gun is actually pretty decent for a derp, has armour and is agile, like a 122-44 that only faces retards)

5: BDR, because the O-I EXP is too large and unwieldy for my tastes, not to mention fugly. FUGLY

6: 3001P. With turret armour, DPM and decent soft stats, it would be the perfect heavium if it wasn't at Tier 6. BTW fuck Tier 6s. It's like Tier 8, except you get even fewer bottom tier turds to stomp.

7: T-34-1. In a tier where you either have firepower, armour or mobility, the -1 has it all......with some big caveats, like abysmal aim time, non existent hull armor and poor HP/T - all of which are fine because you have high camo, good top speed and turret armour to leverage on any map and against any tier

8: Tier 8 is a shit tier full of good tanks. I presume you exclude prems in which case the best would be IS-3. Don't play this tier until they fix MM.

9: E 75 (would have been 1111111111 but with the 5A getting released I assume the Tier 9 would become a downgrade). The E 75 has decent, reliable firepower on a truly formidable platform. The DPM is shit, but that's what food/improved equipment is for.

10: never sell Tier 10s, period.

11 minutes ago, MagicalFlyingFox said:

IS-3 is still a keeper. There are 2 standard tier 8 heavies that are competitive at tier 8 and only the IS-3 doesn't need goldspam. Its still a medium tank with 390 alpha and a very good turret. 

Pershing is really good but needs to press 2. RHM is a really good keeper tank with the 15cm because its fucking fun. 2 to win of course.

I agree that the IS-3 is still the best tank for anyone with a brain, but to me T-10 is just better, especially when you consider that Tier 8 today is an inch away from Tier 9 in terms of matchmaking anyway.

I'll start at 4 since I don't play 1-3 much at all.

1. ?
  2. ?
  3. ?
  4. Hetzer
  5. T67
  6. KV2
  7. T29
  8. IS3 (at tier or +1 it can still wreck shop with the best of them)
  9. I want to say M46 Patton, but not everyone gets along well with that tank, soooooooo probably the E75.  Can still slug it out with tier 10's and if it's top tier it's smooth sailing.
  10. Everything?  I, as a rule, don't ever sell tier 10's because why would I grind out a line just to sell the end-goal?

Honorable mentions:  M4 (tier 5), Cromwell (tier6), SU-122-44 (tier 7), AMX-50-100 (tier 8), T30 (tier 9)

1-4 skip completely it is an entirely different game that is even worse

5: M7 (it's op as balls), OI Exp and Chaffee rip

6: Not entirely sure with the nerf of the T37 but KV-85, Hellcat and Type 64 are all awesome

7: T25/2 (hellcat/T20 hybrid), T20, T29, IS, KV-3, Tiger I and AMX 1375 (a few of this might be not that good anymore due to Chryslers and Defenders)

8. Any premium released within the latest 6 months

9: E 50, Leo PTA, T-10, WZ-111-14, Bat AP, M46, Obj 704, AMX 1390, T49, Conqueror

10: Everything that isn't TDs or singleshooter french :doge: 

1 hour ago, Kolni said:

1-4 skip completely it is an entirely different game that is even worse

5: M7 (it's op as balls), OI Exp and Chaffee rip

6: Not entirely sure with the nerf of the T37 but KV-85, Hellcat and Type 64 are all awesome

7: T25/2 (hellcat/T20 hybrid), T20, T29, IS, KV-3, Tiger I and AMX 1375 (a few of this might be not that good anymore due to Chryslers and Defenders)

8. Any premium released within the latest 6 months

9: E 50, Leo PTA, T-10, WZ-111-14, Bat AP, M46, Obj 704, AMX 1390, T49, Conqueror

10: Everything that isn't TDs or singleshooter french :doge: 

m7 is still op after changes?

I don't really play anything below tier 8, but that's not to say there aren't good tanks below tier 8, I just don't enjoy those tiers that much. Unless I'm grinding a new line that is.

Tier 8: IS-3, Pershing

Tier 9: E75, T10, E50

Tier 10: E100, because of it's combination of fuck you alpha and HP/armor it has amazing stopping power. But like everyone has said, don't sell your 10s ..unless they're artillery.

Tier 1: lmao, good meme. Seriously, why would you play this, atleast when you cant meme with unbalanced T1 anymore

Tier 2: shitter tier like 1, Cruiser III or whatever it is, M2 lt and Pz 2 are retarded tho

Tier 3: More tolerable tier after MM changes, no longer tier 5s. Pz 1 C benefits significantly because its by far biggest flaw was the fact it was one of the most useless things ever in tier 5 match. Cruiser II because deeeeeerppppp :bigdoge: 

Tier 4: Luchs is so fucking broken now, like wtf. It is seriously completely unbalanced tank now with regular MM. Also it is completely stupid statpadder, too; just do 2 clips of damage and you already have more than dark purple WN8, hahahahha

Tier 5: 105 derp med of choice (G1 R is shit but i like it for hipster value), KV-1S (KV-1 is overrated pos), O-I Exp (as long as they dont shit on top speed it should be still great after "nerfs", as it basically becomes tier 5 KV-5 with good view range, pen and depression), T67, Leopard is pretty good, too. Not sure how American LTs are.

Tier 6: KV-2, Hellokitty is still good, M6 has lololol APCR, SU-100. O-I is bad and after nerfs it will be just a joke

Tier 7: SU-152, T71, IS(-2), T29, Tiger I, T20, and not joking, Chi-Ri, probably O-Ni too

Tier 8: Not counting any premiums; VK 100.01, IS-3, ISU-152, O-Ho :doge: , tier 8 meds that have sub 300 alpha can suk dik expect maybe mod 1 after buffs

Tier 9: WZ-1111111111111111111111111111111111 1-4, T-10, I hated E-75 but after gun handling buffs it seems lovely now, and other tanks, really, tier 9 is great tier in the regard it has shitton of balanced yet competitive tanks, only real shitter tanks are the Type 4, Foch and SU-122-54

Tier 10: anything that arent certain two Russian and French TDs with 750 alpha :serb: tho foch is getting changes and 268 is said to be buffed too so who knows

1. Loltraktor

2. Tetrarch I suppose.

3. T-15 - it's a tier 3 Leopatd

4. Luchs 

5. Stug 3 - find a bush and shred anything you see with the long 75.

6. VK30.01d first medium I had that I was decent at.  Edit: how could I forget the Skoda T-25?  : round autoloader with an 8 second reload.

7. Haven't kept any regular 7s but if I did it would probably be the Comet - a ridgelining DPM warrior.

8. IS-3, AMX 50-100. Only sold the Pershing because I've got the T25 Pilot.

9. E50 / E75

10. I've kept all my 10s.

1. Renault Otsu - Autocannon with armor.  APCR required.  But why keep anything here?
  2. M2 Light Tank/Pz II - 180 damage clip or 120 damage clip, second one kinda gets you armor.  Both are strong in tier.  Honorable mention to the H35 with 25mm Raccourci.
  3. Pz I C/Pz 38 (t)/LT vz. 38 - Pz I C is autocannon lulz, better now, with no Tier V.  Pz 38 (t) has delusions of being a Tier III Panther, but vision meta is HARD to come by at low tiers.  LT vz. 38 is a hybrid of both, kinda a Tier III 50/51.
  4. Ke-Ho and M5A1 (CN) - Both solid scouts, DPM machines.  M5A1 is tougher (relatively), but Ke-Ho has a boomstick for a Tier IV LT.  AMX 40 and Matilda are both turtle tank love, as well.  DE has many solid IV's - Hetzer (105 or 75) and Marder 38t are sneaky and punchy, Pz 38 nA is a better Pz 38 (t), and Luchs is a giggle cannon, much like the Pz I C afore.  US has the M8A1 (57) proto T49, and the M3 Lee (woinky DPM monster), but anything the Lee can do, the Grant (UK Lee) does better.

I leave Tier V and up to the previous posters because:

• They've already covered most of what I'd say.
  • I've kept WAAY too many high-tiers.
  • Not many chimed in on fun/decent low-tier tanks, so I added my two cents in on those.

Anything in bold is one that I've actually kept, but I've played all of them a solid amount.

Heck, some of these lists are all tanks I've never played.

Here goes:

6. Jackson

7. T71

8. WZ-132, IS-3, JgPz II, T-44 (just sold Pershing as US meds very similar up tiers)

9. Leo PTA, T49, (M46 Patton now marginal keeper), T-54-lwt, T-54, Obj 704

10. M48 Fatton, T-62a, Obj 140, E-100, T-57, Centurion AX

The 62a might go if they buff the 140 turret as promised, which will then be faster, have higher gun dep, and pretty much same armor as the 62a.

The M46 Patton is falling off the top of the tier 9 hill; recent buffs to PTA leave it slower, lower pen, lower accuracy, and only marginally better turret and view range than the PTA. The PTA is, IMHO, king of the t9 meds as it does it all with a high pen, very accurate gun that rarely needs prem ammo, all in a tank that's very fast, and now has good gun dep too.

Tier 8 is a mess due to MM, but some old favorites still rule. I disagree with the consensus that LTTB is now best scout - mine sits in garage while WZ gets played a lot. Bulldog is sold. With buffs coming to T-44 dont sell it; and the JgPz II still hits hard and drives like a turretless med.

T71 rules tier 7 - especially as its top tier more than half the time. Light tanks being top tier more than makes up for some of the nerfs. 

For what it's worth (especially given I've not really ground that many lines, but whatever):

Tiers 1-4: pass, I've never stuck around at any of these tiers for any real length of time. The game is so different there and it's mostly a complete mess.

Tier 5: OI-Exp - totally OP killing machine. It's been hit by the nerf-bat quite a bit but I reckon it's still pretty deadly.

Tier 6: A tier that is hit hard by MM changes, but there are quite a lot of goods tanks. If you don't run a premium account or have many/any premium tanks, it's not a bad tier to grind crews and credits - most tanks are quite profitable and don't require much gold-spam, and you can get away without any crew skills if you're semi-competent. Keepers for me:

• VK 30.01P - good mobility, good alpha for the tier, and a decent turret. Quite fun to play.
  • Cromwell/Cromwell B - still the best of the mediums for my tastes, pew-pew, zoom-zoom gameplay, but fragile and requires good nous. It's basically a light tank without the on-the-move camo but actual DPM.
  • T34-85/Rudy - good all-rounder, similar to the VK
  • KV-85 - stupidly good heavium. No real armour but the gun is amazing.

Tier 7: tier dominated by good heavy tanks, in my opinion, so for me that is where most of the keepers are (I've not ground US heavies, but from observing, the T29 is probably worth keeping too):

• IS/IS2/IS2 Berlin - good heavium. Lack of armour but solid punch, and given Tier 7 seems to have come out reasonably well with the new MM, probably very good
  • O-Nii - underrated in the line, but with the non-derp option it's actually quite competitive to my mind. My favourite in the line so far (at the Type 4 currently).
  • Tiger I - solid performer if you know what you're doing.

Tier 8: generally a good tier for heavies and TDs, but very average one for mediums. Best options here now are premium tanks (which I guess is sort of good given you need them to grind credits and crew once you start going a bit higher). MM changes have been a bit rough, but it's not been unbearable in my experience thus far.

• IS3 - still the best heavy tank in the tier, by a long shot. Stupidly easy to play and also quite flexible so you can adapt when bottom tier.
  • Borsig with 15cm - a good TD that is sort of fun to play as you run around brawling and blapping distracted tanks for 750 alpha.
  • Premium tank of choice - if you want to play higher tiers consistently, you'll almost certainly need at least one. Any of the recent ones are a good pick given they are a mixture of well-balanced and totally OP. Pick one that you firstly enjoy playing, and secondly lines up with regular lines that you enjoy playing.

Tier 9: the best tier in the game. Full of well-balanced, competitive, fun tanks to play. Especially the heavies, but pretty much all classes have something fun.

• T-10 - like the IS3 except better. Paper hull armour is pretty much its only weakness. Fast, great gun, good alpha, good DPM, good turret. It's fun to play and wrecks face.
  • E75 - so, so sexy to look at in your garage. Solid performer as a brawling heavy that rewards good armour use. Not played it since the gun handling buffs, but given that is one of its main weaknesses previously, I can only imagine it's even better.
  • Cent 7/1 - sentimental favourite because I liked it. I keep it in the vain hope that it might actually get buffed one day. But actually, don't keep it. It's one of the few rubbish tier 9 tanks now.
  • E50 - excellent generalist medium tank. Many love it and recommend keeping it. For what it's worth though, I am for some reason abysmally bad in this (and the E50M at tier 10) and cannot win when playing it.

Tier 10: as others have said, it's a bit silly to sell your tier 10s because they cost so much to buy you lose a lot of credits if selling them. I've kept all of my tier 10s (Cent AX, E100, E50M and Grille 15). Of these, I haven't played my E100 in a while but it's a solid performer. I don't like the Grille 15.

11 minutes ago, Balthazars said:

Tier 9: the best tier in the game. Full of well-balanced, competitive, fun tanks to play. Especially the heavies, but pretty much all classes have something fun.

• T-10 - like the IS3 except better. Paper hull armour is pretty much its only weakness. Fast, great gun, good alpha, good DPM, good turret. It's fun to play and wrecks face.
  • E75 - so, so sexy to look at in your garage. Solid performer as a brawling heavy that rewards good armour use. Not played it since the gun handling buffs, but given that is one of its main weaknesses previously, I can only imagine it's even better.
  • Cent 7/1 - sentimental favourite because I liked it. I keep it in the vain hope that it might actually get buffed one day. But actually, don't keep it. It's one of the few rubbish tier 9 tanks now.
  • E50 - excellent generalist medium tank. Many love it and recommend keeping it. For what it's worth though, I am for some reason abysmally bad in this (and the E50M at tier 10) and cannot win when playing it.

No 11111111111?

2. (Well, I do keep every prem ever offered. Because I can.)
  3. t-15
  4. Luchs, Ke-Ho
  5. Leopard
  6. KV 2 for lulz. Lots of good tanks, but none I've kept past the 3 marking.
  7. I have the IS Berlin, otherwise I'd have kept the IS, I'd think. Not sure if I still have my Comet or not… I'll probably keep the T29, but I haven't played it in ages. Like tier 6, lots of good tanks that I didn't keep. But also more bad ones.
  8. and onwards : too many for me to be arsed to list them now. Maybe later. *yawn*

12 hours ago, leggasiini said:

(G1 R is shit but i like it for hipster value)

That's so you. I mean, even the crew layout is retarded in this tank.

(I really should 3 mark it someday)

Tier 4: Luchs, M3 Leeeelleeeeellleleleleee

Tier 5: t34 coz op dpm is op, Leopard ram and pew pew, t67 if you are a filthy padder

Tier 6: Cromwell, Easy 8 with both gun, dont have it but KV2 for memes

Tier 7: t29 still op can face tier 9 with ez, but so boring, su-152 coz russian balance (imo best td in the game tier by tier)

Tier 8: cancer dont play random if you are not an IS3 or keep some lights like LTTB for SH. Any other non prem are outclassed by the new prems (beside is3 and LTTB because of armor and mobility)

Ps: obj 416 should be still good to balance op prems with 330 heat and best dpm in class

Tier 9: Anything that is not a m103. My special sweet spot goes to 704 (t54 is great but gg credits) and a tank that i want since it's mexican, the juan juan juan juan juan....  cuatros

Tier 10: keep all non tds apart from foch 155 (dont buy them anyway) and Strvb. The rest are shit

Of course, the one I post in is the abandoned one, so I'm reposting my list here. By 'keepers' I am going to assume you mean tanks from the tech tree that are worth keeping. Doesn't make sense to call premium tanks keepers, since you shouldn't ever be selling them. Same for tier 10 tanks, you shouldn't ever be selling them so I won't be listing them.

• T4: Ke-Ho, Luchs
  • T5: T67
  • T6: VK 30.01P, Cromwell, 59-16
  • T7: T71, T20, AMX 13 75, T-29
  • T8: IS-3, AMX 50 100
  • T9: E50, Leo PTA, M46 Patton, Skoda T 50, AMX 13 90, T49, T-10, WZ-111 1-4, Conq, E75, T30

I guess you can tell which tier I like the most...

I actually have as a 'game goal' to have a tank in each class in each tier that I can play with to platoon with etc.  As such, I've put a little bit of thought into it and heres where I am:

1 - no

2 - some random christmas tank

3 - Locust loaded with straight APCR

4 - Hetzer, Luchs, Matilda 

5 - KV-1, PZ IVH, T67, I have not decided on a LT yet

6 - Crommy or 34-85 (I have prem versions, but tree versions are just as good), T-150, KV-2, SU-100, Type 64 (seriously, get this tank!)

7 - T29, T20, T71 (USA!), SU-152 or 122-44

8 - So. Many. Prems. Pershing, ISU-152, IS-3, BC 12t

9 - Most 9s are pretty good, but I'm keeping E75, M46, T30,  and 13-90, there are several others I might keep

10 - All, but RIP my poor BC 25t after it gets nerf hammer

1 hour ago, Archaic_One said:

PZ IVH

Nice list, my friend. But you must feel especially filthy for this^