A tier 5 Russian premium battleship is coming and we'll have 2 weeks in the bottom half of July to grind like mad to get it for free before it goes on sale.

I saw one YT video of it being played and it was described as a more manoueverable Nicolai which is kinda sorta true (2 of the 4 turrets face rearwards) but I liked what I saw.

However one of the missions is to do 300,000 damage to destroyers!! 

https://thedailybounce.net/2017/07/03/okt-revolutsiya-reward-for-event/

The gimmick is that its repair has charges (I want to say four or five), is active for 15s and only has 5s cooldown.

While I thought it looked cool in Aerroons WiP video, I'm not sure that I would spend a lot of time to grind a tier 5 due to value vs. reward (and I own a Kutuzow).

On 7/4/2017 at 0:48 PM, CompanionCav said:

38mm deck and armored freeboard have "troll" written all over them.

Dear god is this true if you're in a cruiser. Just add "tiny superstructure", "well-armoured turrets" and low citadel to the list.

Has anyone worked out a magic place to aim at these, because I've been struggling to do damage to the Ganguts using either 6" or 8" guns? Unless they give a flat broadside, they're just incredibly hard to pen. HE doesn't do much, while even Pensicola AP struggles (excluding one freak citadel).

It is a surprisingly tanky tier 5, it has sufficient AA for low tier CV's and a lot of firepower if you can keep tacking to one side for the length of an engagement.  It's a decent gift and it was nice of WG to either gift it or allow if for purchase when they did..

WoWs devs>WoT devs.

It's a very troll ship. Yesterday I was brawling with two BBs and I had 50% health and they were pretty much full health and I killed them both by being a filthy HE spammer and keeping good angling vs their AP. Picked up Arsonist after setting 3 un-repairable fires on a Konig and burning him to the water line. lol