Vojta_rezac01

To play aggressively, or not to play aggressively

Hi, I have been thinking a lot about that and I still dont know if I should head my playstyle to play more aggressively or to not.

The low winrate to the wn8 tells me that I sould, but other stats connected with this that no.

What I should be more looking at ? On that bad winrate compared to my wn8 and try to play even more agressively or on things like avg. spots per battle (1.96) or on survival rate (24.21%)

And is possible that over aggression in battles can affect badly on winrate compared to wn8 ?

Edited by Vojta_rezac01
grammatical misstakes

Being overly aggressive will hurt your wn8 and WR as well, even though you can always dish out some dmg before you die, I doubt you could reach 3,5k-4k wn8 if you're too aggressive.

However I've found that being aggressive can win a lot of games, sometimes someone's gotta spot the camping TDs, and someone has to lead the push if you outnumber a group of enemies. While these might hurt your wn8 a bit (the first one to push usually dies/loses shitload of hp), your pubbies are likely to snowball into a victory. So playing aggressively usually pays off, as long as you do it somewhat wisely, mind you, suiciding and playing aggressively aren't the same.

I've always been an aggressive player (both ingame and in chat :D ), no matter the tank I was in (probably this is why I sucked at TDs), 4k DPG surely looks nice, but where's the fun in redline sniping? I was an "in yo face" batchat player, and still maintained 3,1k DPG, and 66% WR with it over 1k games.

tl;dr: I would be as aggressive as I can, just make sure that dying is worth it.

50 minutes ago, GamerDaPro said:

Being overly aggressive will hurt your wn8 and WR as well, even though you can always dish out some dmg before you die, I doubt you could reach 3,5k-4k wn8 if you're too aggressive.

However I've found that being aggressive can win a lot of games, sometimes someone's gotta spot the camping TDs, and someone has to lead the push if you outnumber a group of enemies. While these might hurt your wn8 a bit (the first one to push usually dies/loses shitload of hp), your pubbies are likely to snowball into a victory. So playing aggressively usually pays off, as long as you do it somewhat wisely, mind you, suiciding and playing aggressively aren't the same.

I've always been an aggressive player (both ingame and in chat :D ), no matter the tank I was in (probably this is why I sucked at TDs), 4k DPG surely looks nice, but where's the fun in redline sniping? I was an "in yo face" batchat player, and still maintained 3,1k DPG, and 66% WR with it over 1k games.

tl;dr: I would be as aggressive as I can, just make sure that dying is worth it.

You're alive? :kjugh: 

imo, its always depends on situation ofc, but that isn't a simple question, with a simple answer. playing aggresively  [rambo mode:on] as much as possible, and not always as safe as possible[sometimes u gotta step up and take a hit to achieve bigger things-_-], combined with perfect timing is the real deal for me...

those guys,

who always play as tight as a virgin pussy in saudi arabia/camping like a madaf*ck*rs and basicly do whatever else their f*ck*d up mind can come up with,just and only to take some useless damage in the end of their lost battle ///and considering good dmg loses and a "good battles"  ,,

are just lost their minds / thinking of a really wrong direction generally, to me..

this is like for example..:

football match / half time break /  result 4:0   /   and cristiano ronaldo(being on the losing side) trying to think about a plan how to lose with 4:3 final score////given up on a half-time break////, instead of thinking/developing of a winning plan..    whats the point of playing any game or sport for example if u arent trying to win it? fuck logic?!

so basicly... if u have a competitive-sport-spirit and always try to take out the maximum of a situation, u should be doing alright in tanks... lol

savage

Thank you for answers guys, but majority of them were not to what I asked, but thats all my fault becouse the question was not good. Im asking about playing aggressively like this:

playing aggressively = trying to push line when enemy has like 2+ less tanks from beggining of the fight - making aggressive peeks like trading lose for example 240 to deal 300 or even lose more.

playing passively = trying to safe HP for end of the battle, making peeks from hulldown or sidescrap, peeking after enemy fires, when he is looking at other one, when he has extreemly low alfa and bad chance to pen me, trading 3 for 1-2 (witch dont have big chance to hit/pen - 140 in hulldown) snap shooting with like 10% or less chance for enemy to hit me .....

Now should get the point of what Im talking about.

P.S. the skill level of me now is about 2600 wn8 recently with normal tanks so im not total bigginer but not even purple player.

Obviously there is no simple answer to that, depends on so many things. I also don't really think that there is one "correct" play style, I have seen very good players reach about the same results with very different play styles. I think you can see it in two way, either be as aggressive as you can meaning yolo but don't die too often, or be as passive as you can, meaning play as safe as you can while still contributing to the game. From my personal observations, at low tiers average players play generally too aggressively and die stupidly too often, and on high tiers too passively and don't contribute to the game early enough. Therefore, at low tiers(5-7, no idea below 5) it is usually a good idea to play a bit more passively and let enemies suicide first, but on high tiers that just doesn't work and you have to be more active to make things happen. 

For example, on low tiers it might be perfectly sound tactic on Steppes to just sit on base sniper bushes for a while in the beginning as someone WILL drive to the open field, but on higher tiers it's just a waste of time.

4 hours ago, HS5 said:

ppes to just sit on base sni

4 hours ago, HS5 said:

Obviously there is no simple answer to that, depends on so many things. I also don't really think that there is one "correct" play style, I have seen very good players reach about the same results with very different play styles. I think you can see it in two way, either be as aggressive as you can meaning yolo but don't die too often, or be as passive as you can, meaning play as safe as you can while still contributing to the game. From my personal observations, at low tiers average players play generally too aggressively and die stupidly too often, and on high tiers too passively and don't contribute to the game early enough. Therefore, at low tiers(5-7, no idea below 5) it is usually a good idea to play a bit more passively and let enemies suicide first, but on high tiers that just doesn't work and you have to be more active to make things happen. 

For example, on low tiers it might be perfectly sound tactic on Steppes to just sit on base sniper bushes for a while in the beginning as someone WILL drive to the open field, but on higher tiers it's just a waste of time.

Im talking about tier 8 +, cuz I dont give a f*ck about stats on lower then that

Ok fair enough, then good starting point is actually playing those tiers  :) Your last 1000 games average tier is 6.4.

Just kidding...looking at your most played high tier, T-54, you have ok damage, spots, a bit low assistant damage and to me it looks like very low KPG. What to make out of that, I don't know :) But I think you are not using it to its full potential, perhaps not doing damage in the right place, not focusing low-hp tanks, using armor or something. Win rate seems rather low for others stats really. Perhaps try some different tank, T-54 can really forgive you a lot, so maybe you are actually yoloing too much, but still managing to do some damage before dying just because of the tank. Low KPG would be explained by that also.

On 7/8/2017 at 5:26 PM, Vojta_rezac01 said:

Thank you for answers guys, but majority of them were not to what I asked, but thats all my fault becouse the question was not good. Im asking about playing aggressively like this:

playing aggressively = trying to push line when enemy has like 2+ less tanks from beggining of the fight - making aggressive peeks like trading lose for example 240 to deal 300 or even lose more.

playing passively = trying to safe HP for end of the battle, making peeks from hulldown or sidescrap, peeking after enemy fires, when he is looking at other one, when he has extreemly low alfa and bad chance to pen me, trading 3 for 1-2 (witch dont have big chance to hit/pen - 140 in hulldown) snap shooting with like 10% or less chance for enemy to hit me .....

Now should get the point of what Im talking about.

P.S. the skill level of me now is about 2600 wn8 recently with normal tanks so im not total bigginer but not even purple player.

ideally you should just be playing for safe aggression whenever you can. Bully peoples HP away as fast as you while burning as little of your own HP as possible.

The alternative being yolo damage for situations when your team is getting wiped and you need to clean up.

Thats the idea in theory atleast. I quit wot months ago so I might be behind in the cancermeta :party:

On 07/09/2017 at 8:23 PM, HS5 said:

Ok fair enough, then good starting point is actually playing those tiers  :) Your last 1000 games average tier is 6.4.

Dont have money to skip them FeelsBadMan :fish:

Mabye I should add some replays but in patch 9.19.02 I was just grinding IS and that shitty tier 7 AMX heavy so I have none