kaneaaa

Geforce gtx graphics cards: which is best for high-end performance in WOT

My understanding...

Some new online currency called ethereum (kinda like bitcoin i think) allows what is called 'mining' - which i gather pays users fractions of a cent per calculation a person does. Users worked out that a good way to do lots of such processing is using a GPU. It was apparently successful enough that buying a new GPU would end up paying for itself pretty quickly and then start making them money. Hence all of a sudden heaps of people jumped on board this craze and started buying up GPUs en masse (eg Div's OCAU mate). Big increase in demand without much of an increase in supply, and bob's your uncle.

If you can wait a bit then yeah.  As others have said, if you're using a 1080p monitor then a 1060 would be enough - especially if you're only running tanks.  

However, I would invest in a new power supply before you buy a graphics card, otherwise your system won't be able to handle it.

4 hours ago, Hellvn said:

If you can wait a bit then yeah.  As others have said, if you're using a 1080p monitor then a 1060 would be enough - especially if you're only running tanks.  

However, I would invest in a new power supply before you buy a graphics card, otherwise your system won't be able to handle it.

Yeah, if you put in a too high powered graphics card and try and draw too much power through a low end PSU the magic smoke escapes and the PSU stops working.

1) He needs a new PSU, doesnt matter if he buys a 1060, 970 or 1080Ti

-> might cause problems, if HP opted for proprietary connectors somewhere in the system

2) GPU clearance ... this being a of the shelf PC, room for GPUs is often very limited. Some of the bigger custom cards probably won't even fit into that case!

With regards to the MONITOR, what kind of monitor would justify a high graphics card, what kind of specs would you be looking for? 

12 hours ago, george1 said:
I think Geforce GTX 1060 will be good for WoT. But sometimes geforce experience error code 0x0003 creates problem. Beware of this annoying problem.

I really hope he's sorted it out by now, but your tips 3 years after might prove useful.

In other news, GTX 1080 Ti can run WOT on high settings.

I have 1070 Ti and I played on Ultra at 1440p (the best settings available), HD client, FPS were always higher than 80.

This was 2 months just before I quit this game.

The surprisingly thing about the WoT engine is that it is one of the better game engines out there in terms of optimization. It leaves little more to be desired for. The only problem is gameplay is depressing at best and the servers regularly have packet issues.