Sign in to follow this  
SmalltalkJava

tanks played, am i better at certain styles of tanks?

http://wotlabs.net/na/player/IYAAYAS_1991

I only have 4770 games played and I'm working my way up tech trees.  I've been watching youtube videos but I feel i am pretty stagnant.   It recently occured to me that maybe if someone looked over the tanks that I have played if it might point out some playstyles in which i am better and which i am horrible.    So if one of you has some time please take a look at my most played tanks and see if there is a certain style of tanks or style of play that i might be doing better at.   Also if you see some small hints where i may just be doing terrible.

I think that I can then use this information to focus on training in the tanks and not worry about getting higher in tier.

Your wn8 was rising nicely but has leveled off, you getting a bit bored? play the tanks you enjoy mate, and maybe start focusing on raising your DPG in all your tanks, that'll help things along.

http://www.wotstats.org/stats/na/iyaayas_1991/

You seem to play better with Heavy tanks, maybe the slower speed stop you over extending, or maybe you over expose meaning that the heavy armour keeps you alive longer.  

You are mainly playing tier 5-6, which is fine as it has many good tanks which allow you to learn the game mechanics. You have only 5000 games but you are grinding a butt load of tanks. Maybe concentrate on the trees you do well in? The KV-1 seems to suit you, as does (oddly) the FV4202.

In my first few thousand games I didn't go above tier 7, I ground to the Panther (i'm a WW2 tank nut) and the decided to improve in the tanks I liked.  

As Henderson says you need to get your damage out put up. This will help in more income and more XP per match.

Thanks for the replies.   I think that when I play heavies I don't over extend as much.  That is probably why I did fairly good in the fv4202.  I played it before the speed buff when it just had heavy tank speed.  So i played it kind of like a T-29, i would pull in and go hull down and use the high pen standard ammo.  I was probably a lot more patient in it.  When i am in heavies I try to pay a lot of attention to how i am angling my armor.  

In mediums and lights, something that I feel like I do a lot is die early.   Whether it is trying to go to the hill in mines or other such locations.

Another thing i noticed just last night is that i don't have sixth sense on hardly any crews.  I probably need to settle in and grind out some crew xp to get sixth sense on all the crews that I will be using.

I find myself thinking "I just don't know where to go" "What should i do next".  I try to come up with plans but most of the time they don't seem to play out like i had in mind.  It's been a while but I need to probably go back and rewatch 4tankersanddog's youtube videos on where to go in maps.

I don't usually say this but I'd recommend Quickybaby's live streams.
www.twitch.tv/quickybaby

He explains a great deal of what is going on, also he streams are usually expletive free so I watch it with my son (8).