So I gave away my AMD Athlon x64 3800+ to a nursing home to use for oldies to do banking and stuff on, and a friend gave me enough parts that after I sold my headphones, headphone amp and some all my Magic cards I was able to cobble together the following:

i3-4190
Gigabyte GA-7 Pro Gaming 3 Motherboard
Seasonic SS-400NF / Corsair VS450 CPU
Radeon 7770 GFX card
Samsung (840?) SSD - 120gb I think.
Coolermaster keyboard and mouse combo w/ backlights

It was working fine connected to my old beast, a HP LP3065 monitor, but that was in the lounge. I had to move the PC through to the bedroom, shut it down properly, disconnected everything - now it won't post, won't even light up the backlights on USB power. The case has no speaker, nor does the motherboard, so I can't tell if it's even error coding on me - just 5-6 seconds and it reboots. Case fans, psu fan and motherboard light stripe come on (re line). Cables are plugged and tested. Tried with GFX card in and out and none of the ports will send a signal to the monitor - any ideas? It's just sitting there rebooting and rebooting til I turn it off. 

Thanks folks.

Pull the plug from the wall -> press start button 3x -> remove (both???) RAM sticks completly -> "power system on" without RAM

After that:Pull the plug from the wall -> press start button 3x -> test with a single RAM stick in a different slot. 

And while you re messing around inside your PC you can also try CLEAR CMOS. Pull the plug from the wall -> press start button 3x -> remove battery for 30 sec

5 hours ago, Folterknecht said:

Pull the plug from the wall -> press start button 3x -> remove (both???) RAM sticks completly -> "power system on" without RAM

After that:Pull the plug from the wall -> press start button 3x -> test with a single RAM stick in a different slot. 

And while you re messing around inside your PC you can also try CLEAR CMOS. Pull the plug from the wall -> press start button 3x -> remove battery for 30 sec

Cleared CMOS, wouldn't post without RAM, finally found that it would do a different boot loop with 2 sticks of good ram a mate lent me for the evening. Unfortunately the CPU is fried though - so unless I find a 4th of 5th generation i3 for a nice price locally (hah), I'm stuck on my phone for the foreseeable future. Paying for my kid's medical stuff is way more important than having a PC, but I'm sick to the back teeth of all this.....

How do you arrive at the conclusion that your CPU is fried? That usually is the last part that dies - obvious mishandling aside.

Edit: Ofc it wouldnt post without RAM ... The purpose of that only was trying to brake the loop. Did you try only running with one stick in different slots?

[GUIDE] Forcing backup BIOS on Gigabyte motherboards.

Ran into some problems today so I've decided to make a guide on how to kick-start the backup BIOS.

Method #1:
1. Shut your PC down (if you're reading this guide, than your PC isn't working anyways)
2. Hold the power button until the PC starts and shuts down again
3. Press the power button again, your backup BIOS should kick in now and should re-flash the main BIOS if there's anything wrong with it.

Method #2:
1. Shut your PC down
2. Hold the power AND the reset button for about 10 sec, than release.
3. Backup BIOS should kick in anytime soon now.

Method #3:
Had to use this one in order to get my 990FXA-D3 working again. Backup BIOS kicked in using method #2, but I was back to the good ol' no signal state once the procedure finished..
1. Short out pins 1 and 6 on the main BIOS chip (pin #1 should be marked with a red dot or whatever)
2. Tell a friend (or a relative) of yours to press the power on button
3. Remove the ghetto-like jumper you're holding between pins 1 and 6 as soon as you hear a beep.
4. Backup BIOS should kick in again and everything will (hopefully) be fine.

Uhm yeah, that's about it, I guess.
P.S Please bare in mind that the 3rd method should only be used if you have the following options:
Option #1 Follow my dumb advices.
Option #2 RMA the board.