MntRunner

WOWS Tier 10 Elimination Thread

5 hours ago, MntRunner said:

Also, I'm not counting the -1 that Crossfader gave the Khab because it was second downvote in one post, and he didn't downvote by the required -3.

ugghh , sometimes, didnt even know, just thought we were downvoting stuff we didnt like and upvoting stuff we did

i suck at this

5 hours ago, Jarkorsis said:

I am up voting the Khab. Someone had downvoted it and is was not recorded.

and what are you down voting? for every ship you up vote you have to down vote one.

4 hours ago, Crossfader said:

ugghh , sometimes, didnt even know, just thought we were downvoting stuff we didnt like and upvoting stuff we did

i suck at this

You can vote again. Just once per day. 

Day 2 voting for me:

Yamato:  23
Montana: 18
Großer Kurfürst : 21
Zao: 20
Des Moines: 18
Hindenburg: 23 + 1 = 24
Moskva: 20 
Henri IV: 11
Minotaur: 21
Shimakaze: 21 
Gearing: 20
Z-52: 18
Grozovoi: 20 
Khabarovsk: 21 
Hakuryu: 17 
Midway:  5 - 3 = 2

The Hindenburg was my first tier 10, and I found it as big a jump in performance from the Roon, as the Roon was from the sad, sad Hipper.  The ROF is incredible, so much so that if you catch another tier 10 Cruiser coming around an island and it's giving you broadside, it's over before they can recover.  HE is weak, and AP pen is average, but combined with great AA, decent Hydro and good short range defensive torps - it is the All- Arounder.

Midway - need to get it off the list, it's name contaminates the others by it's mere presence.

Yamato:  23 +1 = 24
Hindenburg: 24
Henri IV: 11 -3 = 8
Midway:  2

Up voted Yamato: ALL GLORY TO THE KING!!!!

Down voted Henri IV again. Can we just hurry up with killing this turd?

Yamato:  24 +1 = 25
Henri IV: 8
Midway:  2 -3 = 0

Gave Yamato a vote. Even with Montana's improved survivability to go with her amazing guns and good concealment/speed, Yamato is still the Queen of T10 BBs.

Downvoted Midway. Only occasionally played by good players (though I don't see King_In_The_North anymore), usually her presence guarantees a lopsided match. Die.

Yamato:  25 
Des Moines: 18 + 1 = 19
Henri IV: 8 -3 = 5 

Des memes gets an upvote. Second strongest cruiser I think

Downvoted HIV again. Most of its players are social leeches

Day 2 for me:

Zao: 20 +1 = 21 | Still a winner. Troll armor, great guns, best torps in tier and great concealment.
Des Moines: 19 
Henri IV: 5 -3 = 2 | The Henry is just bad for your team. In a Zao/Mos/Hindi/DM even a potatoe has the chance to do more for your team, if only by accident.

Großer Kurfürst : 18 - Does anyone good ever actually sail this?
Zao: 22 - Hail Zao. Master of Cruisers.
Henri IV: 2

2 hours ago, bathoz said:

Großer Kurfürst : 18 
Zao: 22 
Moskva: 21 + 1 = 22 - Upboated for pretending to be a battleship with such brass. Has tricks to counter anything short of a Yamato.
Henri IV: 2 - 3 = -1 - Not enough team utility. Is basically selfish as hell and doesn't do it as well as Zao. RIP

I believe the Moskva is suppose to be at 21, but correct me if I'm wrong.

Moskva: 21 
Grozovoi: 20 -3 = 17 Why get this RU DD when you have the option of getting the Khab?
Khabarovsk: 21 + 1 = 22 I don't have it, but it can be a pain in the ass to fight if played well.

Minotaur: 21 +1 = 22
Grozovoi: 17 - 3 = 14
Khabarovsk: 22

Round 3 for me:  Minotaur is my idea of the perfect late game assassin, if you can keep your health long enough, you can melt quite a few ships 1 v 1, even the deadly Khab.  It's also pretty good at raking BB's mid belt while they are looking somewhere else, taking 20-30k damage off over 4 volleys is a bitch for any BB.

Grozovoi - Who actually plays it?  It's rarer than a Pikachu on the NA servers, and the few you do see never seem to last long in the match.

Zao: 22 +1 = 23 | still a Bae
Minotaur: 22 
Z-52: 18 - 3 = 15 | should be the crown of an otherwise very mediocre line but simply isn't. Grozowoy at least has dank dpm and speed and thats imho better than a situational hydro gimmick.
Grozovoi: 14
Khabarovsk: 22

Zao: 23
Des Moines: 19 +1 = 20 Good ship for divisions, especially with the radar duration module. 
Moskva: 21 -3 = 18 Downvoting for the same reason that Onboard upvoted. It's pretending to be a BB, and I'd rather take a real BB. I went 1v1 against a Moskva in my Montana, we both stayed bow on at about 5 km but I was able to overmatch his bow and get 3 citadels to delete him. He had trouble penning me.
Z-52: 15

Des Moines: 20 
Hindenburg: 24 + 1 = 25 Hindy has a great set of tools at a pretty unforgiving tier for cruisers.
Moskva:18
Gearing: 20 - 3 = 17 because it ought to be a better ship than the Fletcher but it's not.
Z-52: 15

Großer Kurfürst : 18 +3 = 21 because brawler
Zao: 23
Hindenburg: 25 
Gearing: 17
Z-52: 15 -1 = 14 Almost never see one be useful to a team for an entire match

Its supposed to be +1 and -3, not the other way around.

I'm almost to my first tier 9, I'll use the results from this to play my trees.

Holy Hell I hate fighting Minotaurs at tier 8.

Großer Kurfürst : 19 
Gearing: 17 - 3 = 14
Z-52: 12 + 1 = 13

Z-52 is pretty god damn strong when played correctly.

On the other hand, there's less and less reasons to play Gearing outside of the fairly bland teamplay role of "follow me around and lay smoke "

Yamato:  25 - 3 = 22 I usually see red line shitters playing the Yamato. There is also a reason why I left this as the last BB to get, seems very one dimensional and boring. Plus the other lines have some nice ships leading up to it. Can't say that about the Izumo.
Großer Kurfürst : 19 +1 = 20 Brawling is fun, especially when you can start brawling at 11+km with those secondaries.
Gearing: 14
Z-52: 13

Yamato:  22
Montana: 18 +1 = 19: The 'USN #1' shitters that infest the line give this ship a bad name, but she's actually pretty flexible and has probably the best all-around BB guns in the game. No overmatch, but 16"/50 is amazing to use. Guns that good don't need overmatch, especially when you have 12 of them.
Großer Kurfürst : 20
Des Moines: 20
Shimakaze: 21 -3 = 18: The 20km torps on this were dumb when they were 'good', and now they're just a risk-averse-player magnet for the most part. Nothing like having 2 Shimas back with your sniping BBs throwing ineffective torps that foul the maneuvering of everyone in front trying to actually have an impact on the battle.
Z-52: 13
Grozovoi: 14
Hakuryu: 17

On 7/29/2017 at 0:42 PM, Mnemon said:

Montana: 18 +1 = 19: The 'USN #1' shitters that infest the line give this ship a bad name, but she's actually pretty flexible and has probably the best all-around BB guns in the game. No overmatch, but 16"/50 is amazing to use. Guns that good don't need overmatch, especially when you have 12 of them.
Shimakaze: 21 -3 = 18: The 20km torps on this were dumb when they were 'good', and now they're just a risk-averse-player magnet for the most part. Nothing like having 2 Shimas back with your sniping BBs throwing ineffective torps that foul the maneuvering of everyone in front trying to actually have an impact on the battle.
Z-52: 13

And how often does that happen? Anyone that has had a shima for more than a week is using the 8km torps or the 12 km torps. With its gun buffs, the guns are not to bad either. They (the guns) are Situational, but usable.

Shimakaze 18+1 =19

SInce I have to down vote something I down vote the Yamato. SInce it is very soft and citadel prone when you are the least bit careless. It is probably the most overrated ship at T10. It was my second T10 by the way with the Shima as my first.

Yamato 22-3=19

32 minutes ago, Jarkorsis said:

And how often does that happen? Anyone that has had a shima for more than a week is using the 8km torps or the 12 km torps. With its gun buffs, the guns are not to bad either. They (the guns) are Situational, but usable.

Shimakaze 18+1 =19

Come on Jarkorsis, this is the third time you've done this. Please follow the rules. You have to downvote a ship too, otherwise we will only be upvoting ships and never eliminate any. It's fine that you disagree with someone else's vote, but for this to work properly you need to follow the rules when you vote.

Increase the best ship on the list by 1 and decrease the worst ship on the list by 3.

Until Jarkorsis downvotes a ship please disregard his upvote and copy the person above him.

1 hour ago, Jarkorsis said:

Well, I'm glad you know how to do it then. But most Shimas that try (operative word there) to torp my BBs use the slow, awful 20km torps. Then I kill them while telling them never to use those torps again. They probably don't listen.

Montana: 19
Minotaur: 22 + 1 = 23 I'm torn with this one,and will probably down vote it in one of my future votes. In the right hands it's a DPM monster and great AA platform. On the other hand though it has several counters (angling, spotter plane, rush smoke with hydro, torp smoke, citadels easy.
Shimakaze: 18
Z-52: 13 - 3 = 10 Don't have it, but it's the last DD on my list to get. Although it's gimmick does give it some use as a support for other DD's when cap rushing. However, I needed something to downvote and this got the short stick.

Montana: 19 +1 = 20 Monty isn't bad. Just misunderstood by most.
Minotaur: 23
Z-52: 10 -3 = 7 Lets finish this fucker off.

Montana: 20
Großer Kurfürst : 20 + 1 = 21 I just like a ship that can take a punch while it is dishing them out.
Minotaur: 23
Gearing: 14 - 3 = 11 Shouldn't a tier 10 be demonstrably better than it's predecessor?
Z-52: 7