16 minutes ago, Swoopie said:

Since the article also has this line "Stats from Grand Battle will have their own spot in the dossier, both general and per-vehicle" could it mean there will be own separated MoE's for 30vs30 games along with other stats? Personally I doubt it, but we'll see.

It makes no sense for them to have their own stats yet count towards MoEs. My guess is there's a translation error. 

46 minutes ago, Swoopie said:

I was more interested about the "Grand Battle" (30vs30 mode) rewards

So in short: You'll get bonds, can grind MoE's and apparently also do personal missions?

I read that line to suggest that the Grand Battle mode will actually have it's own set of personal missions.

1 minute ago, Balthazars said:

I read that line to suggest that the Grand Battle mode will actually have it's own set of personal missions.

I have a faint memory of them mentioning something like this and I wouldn't be suprised if it came like you said. Being able to complete the current campaigns missions in the 30vs30 would make no sense.

2 hours ago, leggasiini said:

I need to see the armor model of tier 10, but it does not seem like very good tank. 

Significantly slower 268 with worse DPM and gun stats but more health, view range, depression and probably more armor? Bleh, 268 after buffs is lot better and even still 268 wont be amazing.

This is probably most unhype new tank branch that ever has been added (if you exclude arta ofc).

This is its effective armour v. T10 med APCR (I used the Fatton) the blue point is what I targeted

bVo0Td2.jpg

YHcNn5p.jpg

4 hours ago, leggasiini said:

I need to see the armor model of tier 10, but it does not seem like very good tank. 

Significantly slower 268 with worse DPM and gun stats but more health, view range, depression and probably more armor? Bleh, 268 after buffs is lot better and even still 268 wont be amazing.

This is probably most unhype new tank branch that ever has been added (if you exclude arta ofc).

I can't wait to see what WG Marketing tries to come up with in promoting the Chinese TDs

"Coming soon to World of Tanks..."

How did they hype the Obj 263 line back then?

4 arty per team

4 arty per team

4 arty per team

4 arty per team

4 arty per team

4 arty per team

4 arty per team

3 hours ago, lavawing said:

4 arty per team

4 arty per team

4 arty per team

4 arty per team

4 arty per team

4 arty per team

4 arty per team

I just hope it won't be the 3arty per team/each battle shitfest that ranked was.

Also as far as personnal mission i welcome the fact you can do it in 30v30 (if it's true) but the fact that MOE counts is a bit weird. 

41 minutes ago, DHP said:

I just hope it won't be the 3arty per team/each battle shitfest that ranked was.

Also as far as personnal mission i welcome the fact you can do it in 30v30 (if it's true) but the fact that MOE counts is a bit weird. 

4 arty per team might be my only shot at T-55A LT-7 mission. Time to finish the WZ-132-1 grind I suppose

3 hours ago, RunninKurt said:

4 arty per team might be my only shot at T-55A LT-7 mission. Time to finish the WZ-132-1 grind I suppose

13 90, yolo arty, 2-3 shots into 1 arty. 1 into another. Ram the last. 

8 hours ago, MagicalFlyingFox said:

13 90, yolo arty, 2-3 shots into 1 arty. 1 into another. Ram the last. 

It took me over 400 battles to do that mission. 3 arty matches are not all that common.. and when you make an arty run.. your own arty tend to pre-aim and instant splat stuff before you have a chance to do any damage. When I finally did complete that mission.. it was from winning a 1v7... (with 1 afk on my flag, so no kolobanov)

I played the grand battles (then called epic battles I think) in the sandbox server. It was actually super fun and fresh. Medium ruled with an iron fist. But I did also like Ranked Battles so I don't know how valued my opinion is xD 

The thing is. Mediums, Heaviums or fast tanks in general are the only tanks who rule in this games. Not that I have a huge problem with this, since I like the gameplay with fast tanks, but I can already see the shitstorm mimimi in the forums. 

The part about earning bonds in Grand worries me. At this point it should be painfully apparent that bonds is a bad idea and improved equipment a worse one. Players deserve to be given new and interesting content to grind, like actual new tanks, even if they be Polish; not shoehorned into another Tier 10 goldspam shitfest so they may remain competitive in clans and whatnot.

On 7/27/2017 at 11:26 PM, hazzgar said:

On one side it makes me sad since I only learned most of the harder boosts. On the other I'm happy I didn't grind the swedes since now there is no reason to

They are ultimate cancer.

1. useless for the team (chai/camo snipe from base)
  2. no real stopping power

When i have some sweed in team, I count that as -1. 

From my sandbox experience, you do NOT want be agressive and push middle areas of Grand Battle map. Why? Because those 4 opponent arties will feel bad about you threatening them and all four will rain down such volley that you will sit permatracked until dead.

Normal tanks are limited by view/shooting ranges so having more tanks concurrently fighting is fine on larger maps, concentration of tanks capable of shooting you stays about same. But arties can reach most of map just like in normal maps, but now there is 4 of them.

Okay the test server is on.

I played two games of grand battles so far and here are the results:

1st game

b7pCyMW.jpg

2nd game:

haRV9Sb.jpg

So it's not too hard to get the bonds. Also it seems you are able to complete normal personal missions in these (Atleast the mission shows up when I press tab, I didn't actually manage to complete one yet to verify 100% sure).

7 minutes ago, Swoopie said:

So it's not too hard to get the bonds. Also it seems you are able to complete normal personal missions in these (Atleast the mission shows up when I press tab, I didn't actually manage to complete one yet to verify 100% sure).

30 per win is really nice, 100 games and you can buy some improved shit (i think), which is kinda nice. 

I am testing boosts right now and here's basically how WG fixed them:

Add a shitton of rocks infront of every well known boost (Only to the list of maps in the OP). If you know the alternative ways up, you can still do them.

Edit: Mountain Pass is now atleast full of invisible walls

6 minutes ago, Swoopie said:

I am testing boosts right now and here's basically how WG fixed them:

Add a shitton of rocks infront of every well known boost (Only to the list of maps in the OP). If you know the alternative ways up, you can still do them.

Edit: Mountain Pass is now atleast full of invisible walls

Nice. 

Did they fixed some climbs (like thindra hill climb)? 

40 minutes ago, BlackAdder said:

Nice. 

Did they fixed some climbs (like thindra hill climb)? 

Seems like they only fixed the most problematic ones. Eg. on Sacred Valley the popular boost spot was blocked by rocks.

But you can still do stuff like this:

PUafCv8.jpg

Also, as I said, you can still do some of the blocked boosts if you have knowledge and a tank good enough to do the alternative climb. This isn't possible in batchat for example anymore (The way I did requires way more speed Edit: scratch that, apparently you can do it in the BC) since they blocked the "well known route":

O1jHLVc.jpg

Edit: Seems like the maps NOT included in the list in the first post havent been touched in any way. The Tundra hill climb you mentioned, I still could do it with ease (Windstorm A1 was also the same)

05g7iWe.jpg

Okay what is this shit:

bayPLZe.png

Found my Improved Rammer on 140 and tried demounting it on the test

• Added the functionality of earning the Marks of Excellence and Mastery Badges in the Ranked battles.

How stewpid.