Jump to content

Recommended Posts

vhuTCcx.jpg

This was done from the southern side, couldn't find a spot from the north side of 0 line. I also did this and A8 with a Batchat successfully. Also the whole mountain area is now swamp for some reason

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Swoopie said:

Seems like they only fixed the most problematic ones. Eg. on Sacred Valley the popular boost spot was blocked by rocks.

But you can still do stuff like this:

PUafCv8.jpg

 

Also, as I said, you can still do some of the blocked boosts if you have knowledge and a tank good enough to do the alternative climb. This isn't possible in batchat for example anymore (The way I did requires way more speed Edit: scratch that, apparently you can do it in the BC) since they blocked the "well known route":

O1jHLVc.jpg

Edit: Seems like the maps NOT included in the list in the first post havent been touched in any way. The Tundra hill climb you mentioned, I still could do it with ease (Windstorm A1 was also the same)

05g7iWe.jpg

 

I demand replays of those alternative routes ^^

Link to post
Share on other sites

I stopped by to see what they were changing and to see if the 30v30 mode might prompt me to reinstall a bit. All I see from this patch is that the nerf of useful boosts and up-armoring mediums is slow corridor meta and spam gold or gtfo. Then you become poor and are forced to get over-priced premium tanks that are OP. Then when you have credits for tier 10 you're now forced to play 30v30 which fucks NA for queue times and all servers for inflating MoE which I highly doubt they even took into consideration. These Chinese TDs look like shitbarns on tracks meant to cope with the shitty slow meta by having some useable armor. yfw WGL is even more fucked because who even wants to play this for money lmao. So very glad I quit.

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, BlackAdder said:

30 per win is really nice, 100 games and you can buy some improved shit (i think), which is kinda nice. 

It's not 30 per win. Bonds are rewarded when you get top something in EXP depending on how much EXP you earnt. You can earn as little as 11 or 12, in which case it would take like 300 battles to get a piece of equipment. Still cancer.

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, _Assad said:

I stopped by to see what they were changing and to see if the 30v30 mode might prompt me to reinstall a bit. All I see from this patch is that the nerf of useful boosts and up-armoring mediums is slow corridor meta and spam gold or gtfo. Then you become poor and are forced to get over-priced premium tanks that are OP. Then when you have credits for tier 10 you're now forced to play 30v30 which fucks NA for queue times and all servers for inflating MoE which I highly doubt they even took into consideration. These Chinese TDs look like shitbarns on tracks meant to cope with the shitty slow meta by having some useable armor. yfw WGL is even more fucked because who even wants to play this for money lmao. So very glad I quit.

Why would you be forced to play 30vs30? You can just un-tick the mode in settings.

Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, lavawing said:

It's not 30 per win. Bonds are rewarded when you get top something in EXP depending on how much EXP you earnt. You can earn as little as 11 or 12, in which case it would take like 300 battles to get a piece of equipment. Still cancer.

And someone posted demounting improved equipment with bonds. Crap. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, CardinalMite said:

Why would you be forced to play 30vs30? You can just un-tick the mode in settings.

You need bonds to get improved equips. There is either 30v30 or the cancer that is ranked. As to whether you 'need' those equips in the first place, I would say yes if you play competitively (altho CW is mostly rip), and not really if you weren't. Still, what bonds effectively mean is that you have a massive grind on top of Tier 10s in order to squeeze the most out of your vehicle - which is not even counting the credit drain.

I do not believe anyone asked for this grind except some intoxicated shitters on RU. If RU wants it, then keep it there. It's the same with stuff like the Weeb heavies. There is no reason that servers that did not want that change be made to accept them.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, lavawing said:

You need bonds to get improved equips. There is either 30v30 or the cancer that is ranked. [...]

This is actually not true, at the current version of the test server you also earn bonds in 15v15 tier 10 games. 

As to the distribution of the bonds within 15v15 and 30v30 it seems like it is xp based. However it does not really scale that well, you do like 600 dmg and get 7 bonds or something, you do 4k dmg and get 15 bonds (only my subjective experience after yoloing in a few games)

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, lavawing said:

You need bonds to get improved equips. There is either 30v30 or the cancer that is ranked. As to whether you 'need' those equips in the first place, I would say yes if you play competitively (altho CW is mostly rip), and not really if you weren't. Still, what bonds effectively mean is that you have a massive grind on top of Tier 10s in order to squeeze the most out of your vehicle - which is not even counting the credit drain.

I do not believe anyone asked for this grind except some intoxicated shitters on RU. If RU wants it, then keep it there. It's the same with stuff like the Weeb heavies. There is no reason that servers that did not want that change be made to accept them.

While I  would agree with you if you said that the whole idea of improved equipment was a terrible idea... none of what you said makes anyone "forced" to play 30 vs 30. Of all the things we can choose to bitch about WG this ranks low on the scale re: it being a way of getting bonds and hey, at least it isn't the obnoxious ranked mode. Honestly 30v30 is one of the few things they have developed recently that actually looks like it may be fun to do.

And if you hate it then just switch it off like many do with assault..

 

Just tp add I like that you can do PMs in it. With the extra hp some of the missions may be a bit more doable.. (TD15.3 I am looking you.....in my only tier 10 TD, a Grille 15. I need to do it again with honours coz I don't play arty..)

Edited by CardinalMite
Addition for PM stuff
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Sapros said:

Fuck them. They shouldn't exist in the first place. 

Personally I think WG should embrace boosting. And by this I dont mean shit like Sacred Valley or Mines 0 line or any boosts on mountain pass. But more like what the "shortcuts" used to be to Mines middle hill (From both sides). They still required some skill to do but didn't provide you with a ridiculous advantage or otherwise inaccessible area (Like most boosts on Mountain Pass).

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Swoopie said:

Personally I think WG shoud embrace boosting. And by this I dont mean shit like Sacred Valley or Mines 0 line or any boosts on mountain pass. But more like what the "shortcuts" used to be to Mines middle hill (From both sides). They still required some skill to do but didn't provide you with a ridiculous advantage or otherwise inaccessible area (Like most boosts on Mountain Pass).

Sure, I don't think anyone would have issues with boosting if it were a properly balanced feature rather than an exploit. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Swoopie said:

Personally I think WG should embrace boosting. And by this I dont mean shit like Sacred Valley or Mines 0 line or any boosts on mountain pass. But more like what the "shortcuts" used to be to Mines middle hill (From both sides). They still required some skill to do but didn't provide you with a ridiculous advantage or otherwise inaccessible area (Like most boosts on Mountain Pass).

 

it's the same issue as with doping. Maps were designed a certain way. If wg changes maps then it's not boosting. Also WG can't erase all boosting. They will simply erase the popular spots and that only counts for bc25t boosts so what you can do in something like bc12t, t100lt will probably be changed less

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/29/2017 at 11:18 PM, kariverson said:

I played the grand battles (then called epic battles I think) in the sandbox server. It was actually super fun and fresh. Medium ruled with an iron fist. But I did also like Ranked Battles so I don't know how valued my opinion is xD 

I take that back. I confused the 30vs30 randoms which was shit with the frontline gamemode which was awesome. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/27/2017 at 9:49 AM, RunninKurt said:

Odd, I thought they had mentioned the T-34-3 getting HD'd

FAAAACK, no T-34-3 buff in ST?!?!?!

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 04/08/2017 at 2:34 PM, Swoopie said:

Personally I think WG should embrace boosting. And by this I dont mean shit like Sacred Valley or Mines 0 line or any boosts on mountain pass. But more like what the "shortcuts" used to be to Mines middle hill (From both sides). They still required some skill to do but didn't provide you with a ridiculous advantage or otherwise inaccessible area (Like most boosts on Mountain Pass).

 

Boost that allow you to get onto a place that is accesible by another (regular) way is fine but boost that get you onto a part that shouldn't be accessible is not, yeah. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

One question. Has anyone tested boosts on the new 30 vs 30 map? Jesus if someone managest to boost there with a tank with big enough ammo count it can get ugly.

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, hazzgar said:

One question. Has anyone tested boosts on the new 30 vs 30 map? Jesus if someone managest to boost there with a tank with big enough ammo count it can get ugly.

It's full of invisible walls and random rocks, no proper boosts

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Swoopie said:

It's full of invisible walls and random rocks, no proper boosts

It's WG they must have fucked up somewhere and created a broken boost.

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, hazzgar said:

It's WG they must have fucked up somewhere and created a broken boost.

Good luck sitting somewhere top of hill while 4 arties concentrate on you :P

Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, sahtila said:

Good luck sitting somewhere top of hill while 4 arties concentrate on you :P

I have a 2nd account with XVM camo :D

Link to post
Share on other sites

WGs never fails to surprise.

Showing a boost in the video for the update , which removes a lot of boost. Sure this boost on Airfield is not even close to gamebreaking and it is this kind of boost which can stay in the game, but it is kind of an unfair advantage compared to the other side, since they don't get this boost on the balcony. 

 

btw. Grille buffs? Didn't they just nerfed the crap out of it some patches ago? 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...