kaneaaa

The new mm is an improvement but it's also a total mess. But why?

6 hours ago, Assassin7 said:

hmm, on NA if you are in a regular 8 you get tier 10. if you're in a pref 8 you get tier 9. I know what I'd pick.

I just finished a session playing the Type 59 actually, I had no real issues (well, penning issues. hitting things was another matter entirely #justtype59things) FCM is still a great tank. don't see why anyone would hate on it honestly. 

Sheer lack of inability to trade against superheavies in a meta/map design that forces you to play close.

Meanwhile the guy in a defender/patriot/chrysler/MLE can double tap r and out trade you any time of day.

11 hours ago, Assassin7 said:

I think the first and foremost thing to.do would be to merge the NA and ASIA servers. The least people get cucked the least in that case, maybe have a server in central NA, and then for the same region have a server in ASIA somewhere, like NA east or NA west. Therefore we get the most population.

ASIA CW is already a gigantic clusterfuck due to the pop being spread over a very wide range of TZs. Adding NA to that mix will do nothing positive. 

Also, we've already endured two server merges, it turns pubs into pure insanity as conflicting regional metas play out, and turns the forums into racially charged spergfests (well, more than usual). Im not keen for another one to happen any time soon.

6 hours ago, SchnitzelTruck said:

Remember when everything had uniform weakpoints that could be penetrated without prem ammo? Pepperidge farm remembers.

Lies.  All lies.

10 hours ago, karl0ssus1 said:

ASIA CW is already a gigantic clusterfuck due to the pop being spread over a very wide range of TZs. Adding NA to that mix will do nothing positive. 

Also, we've already endured two server merges, it turns pubs into pure insanity as conflicting regional metas play out, and turns the forums into racially charged spergfests (well, more than usual). Im not keen for another one to happen any time soon.

ASIA CW is dead already, and I am not quite sure how much deader you can make it. Being as filthy a casual as can be, I am however concerned about the ping if they ever lose their wits and make this happen.

ASIA CW died when some dickwad russian decided to make 3 separate maps for 3 tiers and then killed the gold income in tier 10 because no one wanted to fight the good clans. 

Oh, and proceeded to do little to prevent blatant rule violations like clans from Vietnam selling gold, their use of Warpack and rigging games. 

Outright banning those in charge of the clans for selling gold is too difficult. 

edit: part of the mass exodus out of tier 10 was due to the above. 

The new MM is WGs usual inept answer to three problems without fixing these four problems:

1. Tier balance: Yes, I know, being low tiers sucks puprosefully in order to incite everyone to get that more powerful tank on one hand and to give potatoes their moment of glory every 10th game. It worked long enough when the MM pyramid was still normal, but it isn't any more. So WG could have balanced tiers better but they didn't.

2. Prem ammo / armor: WG wanted to make armor more useful and the logical thing would have been to change how (prem) ammo works. Instead WG overbuffed armor and made it so that when top tier you mostly meet low tier tanks that your armor is good against.

3. Maps: too small! If you compare tier III tanks to tier X tanks it is simply insane that both play on mostly the same maps. WG needs to redesign maps and make maps larger for higher tiers. This would also make lower tiers different from high tiers and overall the game would be more varied. But most of all it would give lower tier tanks some room to maneuver. But now you roll to the only spot you can be in and meet that E100 - in your King Tiger - gg.

4. Eco: too much silvers. Everyone and his uncle can now spam tier IX and X games and why shouldn't they? Playerbase is spoiled by specials, personal reserves and whatnot. Additionally more and more people do no longer grind/buy new tanks and thus prem ammo is the only real silver sink left in the game.

I wait for the new large maps mode at tier X and if that one isn't cutting it, I'll be gone for good. WG will never change WoT for the better out of fear of breaking it and break it because of that.

5 hours ago, Jaegaer said:

The new MM is WGs usual inept answer to three problems without fixing these four problems:

1. Tier balance: Yes, I know, being low tiers sucks puprosefully in order to incite everyone to get that more powerful tank on one hand and to give potatoes their moment of glory every 10th game. It worked long enough when the MM pyramid was still normal, but it isn't any more. So WG could have balanced tiers better but they didn't.

2. Prem ammo / armor: WG wanted to make armor more useful and the logical thing would have been to change how (prem) ammo works. Instead WG overbuffed armor and made it so that when top tier you mostly meet low tier tanks that your armor is good against.

3. Maps: too small! If you compare tier III tanks to tier X tanks it is simply insane that both play on mostly the same maps. WG needs to redesign maps and make maps larger for higher tiers. This would also make lower tiers different from high tiers and overall the game would be more varied. But most of all it would give lower tier tanks some room to maneuver. But now you roll to the only spot you can be in and meet that E100 - in your King Tiger - gg.

4. Eco: too much silvers. Everyone and his uncle can now spam tier IX and X games and why shouldn't they? Playerbase is spoiled by specials, personal reserves and whatnot. Additionally more and more people do no longer grind/buy new tanks and thus prem ammo is the only real silver sink left in the game.

I wait for the new large maps mode at tier X and if that one isn't cutting it, I'll be gone for good. WG will never change WoT for the better out of fear of breaking it and break it because of that.

I disagree with you on point 1 since WG appears to want to actively encourage lower tier play. Nothing screams low tiers like the tourneys/ Tier 6 CW and WG's love of tier 6 premiums. I think WG wants to make lower tier interesting or, at least, semi-mandatory. 

Everything else, you pretty much right.  Some of the maps are ridiculously small for tier 10. Of course, WG being WG, they try to make the maps feel bigger by nerfing view range. 

3,5,7 is a dogshit system even more so on NA where the population is terrible. 

Prior to forcing 3,5,7 more often, NA was amazing. It was always almost +1 games and tier 8's would almost always see other tier 8's and some 9's. Rarely would you see 10s. Now, you play tier 8 and its always 3,5,7.

If you are in those bottom seven tanks, you can't do anything. Tier 8s can do literally nothing against almost all the tens (99% of the time which are Maus/Type 5). The game is won by whatever team has better players in tens that can farm the other eights or who has Mice. 

Pref is the only way to play now or just to succumb to standard prem mm and get ass fucked by tier 10s. 

WG's whole "You can always find stuff to fight in 3,5,7" is utter bullshit. Tier 8's hide in the back or go out and get farmed by the nines and tens. It's a race to see who gets farmed first. 

7 minutes ago, Rspctd said:

Pref is the only way to play now or just to succumb to standard prem mm and get ass fucked by tier 10s. 

Pref gets ass fucked by tier 9s though, and a lot of 8s for that matter.

1 hour ago, Rspctd said:

Prior to forcing 3,5,7 more often, NA was amazing. It was always almost +1 games and tier 8's would almost always see other tier 8's and some 9's. Rarely would you see 10s. Now, you play tier 8 and its always 3,5,7.

If you are in those bottom seven tanks, you can't do anything. Tier 8s can do literally nothing against almost all the tens (99% of the time which are Maus/Type 5). The game is won by whatever team has better players in tens that can farm the other eights or who has Mice. 

WG's whole "You can always find stuff to fight in 3,5,7" is utter bullshit. Tier 8's hide in the back or go out and get farmed by the nines and tens. It's a race to see who gets farmed first. 

Before 3/5/7, it seemed like every other post on the official forums was about how terrible MM was. Now, every other post on the official forums is about how back MM is. Both have issues. 

11 minutes ago, Hellsfog said:

Before 3/5/7, it seemed like every other post on the official forums was about how terrible MM was. Now, every other post on the official forums is about how back MM is. Both have issues. 

No. There was a specific time where the MM was good. The first patch that was introduced to fix it. Then WG fucked it and changed it the very next time so that 3,5,7 was more apparent compared to single tier and plus one. 

43 minutes ago, Rspctd said:

No. There was a specific time where the MM was good. The first patch that was introduced to fix it. Then WG fucked it and changed it the very next time so that 3,5,7 was more apparent compared to single tier and plus one. 

Wg prob freaked out because people weren't spamming enough gold if the system was more fair. 

I don't know, am I the only one who really likes 3-5-7? There are small issues if you want to play T8, but all other tiers are really fun. For me this is improvement over old MM system. 

12 minutes ago, HS5 said:

I don't know, am I the only one who really likes 3-5-7? There are small issues if you want to play T8, but all other tiers are really fun. For me this is improvement over old MM system. 

No. I like it too. But people always complain and I don’t think that any change will stop that.

10 hours ago, Rspctd said:

I shit you not, after the intro of the new MM pubbies were complaining, that they get same tier mm too many times. They wanted to be top tiers more often, so they can actually kill tanks. "Same tier battles are boring" 

2 hours ago, TAdoo87 said:

I shit you not, after the intro of the new MM pubbies were complaining, that they get same tier mm too many times. They wanted to be top tiers more often, so they can actually kill tanks. "Same tier battles are boring" 

13 hours ago, Rspctd said:

I guess it depends on which tanks you play. It's OK for some people who stick to certain buffed abominations eg Maus being 1 of 3 top tiers regularly or defender players, and basically enjoying an artificially good time at the expense of others. Also players who have unlocked the tech tree are in a position to choose the tanks which the current imbalance benefits. To say that the current system has small problems is willfully blinding yourself to reality of a gold sink culture in this game.  

4 hours ago, HS5 said:

There are small issues if you want to play T8

The thing is that 3-5-7 is a crutch that WG uses in order to avoid changing the really important things, such as prem ammo and low tier tanks being hilariously weak.

Also 3-5-7 imho has more than "small issues". Playing in any sort of platoon below tier IX means you are almost certainly among the 7. Tier VIII on EU, depending on the time of day, gets into tier X way more than half of the time. Not fun.

6 hours ago, kaneaaa said:

I guess it depends on which tanks you play. It's OK for some people who stick to certain buffed abominations eg Maus being 1 of 3 top tiers regularly or defender players, and basically enjoying an artificially good time at the expense of others. Also players who have unlocked the tech tree are in a position to choose the tanks which the current imbalance benefits. To say that the current system has small problems is willfully blinding yourself to reality of a gold sink culture in this game.  

Ok, so if I disagree with you I'm "willfully blinding" myself and having "good time at the expense of others"? Care to explain what you mean with "gold sink culture" and how is that related to 3-5-7 MM, and what would be more fair MM in your opinion? While waiting that i'm saying that you are blinding yourself from the positive sides of 3-5-7 because you just want to find something to complain about. 

5 hours ago, Jaegaer said:

The thing is that 3-5-7 is a crutch that WG uses in order to avoid changing the really important things, such as prem ammo and low tier tanks being hilariously weak.

Also 3-5-7 imho has more than "small issues". Playing in any sort of platoon below tier IX means you are almost certainly among the 7. Tier VIII on EU, depending on the time of day, gets into tier X way more than half of the time. Not fun.

I have not played platoons in a long time, so no experience about that in 3-5-7. But, if platoons end up more often bottom tier, I don't necessarily consider that a bad thing. It reduces the effect that top tier platoon can have on games which in my opinion is a good thing. I have played pretty varied tiers and tanks lately, and don't really see the issues. I agree that T8 sees more bottom tiers than before, but that is only one tier, you can always play something else if that bothers you too much. In my opinion T8 has always been perhaps the worst tier to play in randoms, difference to T9 and T10 is just too big. I also don't see how 3-5-7 would make you need to use more prem ammo. Yes, you are bottom tier more often, but there are also less high tier tanks you should need prem ammo for, so on average it should be about the same

17 minutes ago, HS5 said:

But, if platoons end up more often bottom tier, I don't necessarily consider that a bad thing. It reduces the effect that top tier platoon can have on games which in my opinion is a good thing. I have played pretty varied tiers and tanks lately, and don't really see the issues. I agree that T8 sees more bottom tiers than before, but that is only one tier, you can always play something else if that bothers you too much. 

1. Tier 8 platoons do end up being bottom tier more often. There is no 'if' about it.

2.  It is a bad thing because it means that you are effectively matched against tougher opposition, in other words, punished for platooning. Playing with friends really is basic when it comes to gaming, and I do not see why you should be handicapped just because you aren't a friendless autist like myself.

3.  'You can always play something else if that bothers you too much' is neither here nor there. The 3 5 7 format is flawed has problems and Tier 8 platoons are the worst victims. Tier 8 is the most played tier in this game because of the massive credit grind among other things. The problem does not simply go away if you look the other way.

22 hours ago, Rspctd said:

I logged 250 solo pub games in tier 8s while doing 3 marks on 5 different tier 8s pre 3,5,7. 228/250 had tier 10s in them. 119/250 contained at least 8 tier 10s per side.

Tier 8 mm was fine on US east, but on west.. which is extremely top heavy in tier 10s, was worse than today.

1 hour ago, Hally said:

I logged 250 solo pub games in tier 8s while doing 3 marks on 5 different tier 8s pre 3,5,7. 228/250 had tier 10s in them. 119/250 contained at least 8 tier 10s per side.

Tier 8 mm was fine on US east, but on west.. which is extremely top heavy in tier 10s, was worse than today.

So you are saying that most of time (228/250) you were bottom feeder? 

I didn’t log anything but in my opinion 3/5/7 is better than MM before. You still have 7 targets to shoot, and possibly 5 more. 

3 hours ago, lavawing said:

1. Tier 8 platoons do end up being bottom tier more often. There is no 'if' about it.

2.  It is a bad thing because it means that you are effectively matched against tougher opposition, in other words, punished for platooning. Playing with friends really is basic when it comes to gaming, and I do not see why you should be handicapped just because you aren't a friendless autist like myself.

3.  'You can always play something else if that bothers you too much' is neither here nor there. The 3 5 7 format is flawed has problems and Tier 8 platoons are the worst victims. Tier 8 is the most played tier in this game because of the massive credit grind among other things. The problem does not simply go away if you look the other way.

1/2. Ok I believe that it is a fact as I have no experience about that. In my opinion it's fine, you can disagree and I respect that.

3. I agree that 3-5-7 has it's flaws, but in my opinion positive sides are worth more. And we have to remember 3-5-7 is not the only option, I have seen a lot of full T8 games, which probably should be used even more to deal with overpopulation of T8. They do get a bit boring pretty fast though.

6 hours ago, HS5 said:

Ok, so if I disagree with you I'm "willfully blinding" myself and having "good time at the expense of others"? Care to explain what you mean with "gold sink culture" and how is that related to 3-5-7 MM, and what would be more fair MM in your opinion? While waiting that i'm saying that you are blinding yourself from the positive sides of 3-5-7 because you just want to find something to complain about. 

I have not played platoons in a long time, so no experience about that in 3-5-7. But, if platoons end up more often bottom tier, I don't necessarily consider that a bad thing. It reduces the effect that top tier platoon can have on games which in my opinion is a good thing. I have played pretty varied tiers and tanks lately, and don't really see the issues. I agree that T8 sees more bottom tiers than before, but that is only one tier, you can always play something else if that bothers you too much. In my opinion T8 has always been perhaps the worst tier to play in randoms, difference to T9 and T10 is just too big. I also don't see how 3-5-7 would make you need to use more prem ammo. Yes, you are bottom tier more often, but there are also less high tier tanks you should need prem ammo for, so on average it should be about the same

Whats wrong with +1/-1 matchmaking instead? Surely its better.