Jump to content
Errants

So, who's fucking seal-clubbing?! AKA, why can't I Ace the Medium Mk II?

Recommended Posts

Edit:  Yes, I'm seal-clubbing, get over it.

So, I'm lost and can't figure out what I'm doing wrong...  I'm playing the Tier II British Medium, clearing 800 exp games, and can't get a fucking Ace.  Checked WoTReplays, and the only two listed there for this patch are both MUCH lower on Exp...  Who's jacking the requirements up!?

Mine:
http://wotreplays.com/site/3751672#mines-errants-vickers_medium_mk_ii

The other two I've found:
http://wotreplays.com/site/3742483#mittengard-oxygengp-vickers_medium_mk_ii
http://wotreplays.com/site/3734700#mines-blackhordes-vickers_medium_mk_ii

Help!?  I don't enjoy this tank, I don't want to keep PremAP spamming and seal-clubbing... I just want one fucking Ace Mastery so it looks pretty and satisfies my CDO.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Tell @Kuroialty to quit playing it and fucking it up for everybody else.  I personally prefer clubbing tier IV with the Luchs and Matilda because you can shoot higher tier tanks and farm more damage/XP.  At tier II, you are getting such good MM that its going to be tough to crack the 1200-1300 XP barrier often.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I club at tier VII currently (if I play at all) as the MM is just too good (on EU).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Jaegaer said:

I club at tier VII currently (if I play at all) as the MM is just too good (on EU).

Yep T71 is my go to tank these days. Is that seal clubbing now? There sure are a lot of baby seals....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, you meet 7 tier V tanks more often than not, so I would call that seal clubbing of the highest order.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, Gryphon_ said:

Yep T71 is my go to tank these days. Is that seal clubbing now? There sure are a lot of baby seals....

Even more fun with the 13 57

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Archaic_One said:

Tell @Kuroialty to quit playing it and fucking it up for everybody else.  I personally prefer clubbing tier IV with the Luchs and Matilda because you can shoot higher tier tanks and farm more damage/XP.  At tier II, you are getting such good MM that its going to be tough to crack the 1200-1300 XP barrier often.

I don't think it is @Kuroialty playing it...  He's got nothing on his recents for the last 60 days.  I'm more trying to find out if there's something going on that I can't see, as there's replays, within the last two weeks, current patch, current MM - They've both hit Ace Mastery, yet I'm at 1st class with nearly 230 base exp more than the next highest.  Looking on DPGwhores ( @spencer , latest update on 18 Jul?), I'm seeing that my overalls are top percentile as well... but that Ace is eluding me.

I'm about to try and send in a ticket...  Unless someone knows who is playing and jacking up the exp req's for the tank.

Also, in slightly tinfoil, I could swear that I haven't seen anything HIGHER than 880 for this tank on Base Exp... Makes me wonder if there's some sort of bug going on.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IIRC it's because of battles with bots counted into mastery badges. People get there super base exp which is unreachable for normal randoms.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, MacusFlash said:

IIRC it's because of battles with bots counted into mastery badges. People get there super base exp which is unreachable for normal randoms.

that's retarded, but its WG.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You're on NA.
The ones you listed are EU.

Not trying to say x server is better than y.

Just that there is more bot-like play roam EU so that may explain the differential.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Fulcrous said:

You're on NA.
The ones you listed are EU.

Not trying to say x server is better than y.

Just that there is more bot-like play roam EU so that may explain the differential.

Bloody fuck, as I didn't see a server designation anywhere, I assumed they were NA, as I signed in with NA...

Anyone know where/how I could figure out what the bloody fucking target is?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

NA server is completely fucked in terms of what qualifies as an Ace Medal.  At this point, I wouldn't even be surprised if Ace Medals were straight up denied to anyone that doesn't qualify for newbie MM.

If you find someone getting an Ace Medal in tiers 1 or 2, they're very likely either a reroll or not playing on NA.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, Kuroialty said:

NA server is completely fucked in terms of what qualifies as an Ace Medal.  At this point, I wouldn't even be surprised if Ace Medals were straight up denied to anyone that doesn't qualify for newbie MM.

If you find someone getting an Ace Medal in tiers 1 or 2, they're very likely either a reroll or not playing on NA.

Whelp, fuck... so, no point to trying for Ace's on anything sub II, you think?  Why is that, and/or do we have enough evidence to throw it up at WG and ask what's going on?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There's no point in trying to ace anything in tiers 1 or 2 on NA server.  Tier 1 is near impossible if you aren't a reroll because your tier 1 games will otherwise have low population (7-10 players) and tier 1 tanks can't reasonably compete with tier 2 tanks due to firepower nerfs and map changes.  Tier 2 is just about as bad across the board.  Keep in mind though, I'm saying all of this with experience from a year ago now.  There was a "recent" update, I think, which rebalanced how tiers show up in battles, but I don't know how successful that's actually been in the low pop areas of the low tiers.

I'm not sure what kind of "evidence" you could bring to WG to get them to care to address this.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/8/2017 at 11:00 AM, hazzgar said:

Even more fun with the 13 57

Mr. 13 75 and Mr. T20 want to be part of this discussion as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...