Kuroialty

Merging of NA servers

4 hours ago, TheMarine0341 said:

@Errants EU im about 100-130, with little packet loss. But, when packets ARE lost OMFG

1 hour ago, Fulcrous said:

i live on west coast and get 168-174 ping to eu. east coasters should be getting 100-120ish

So, seems like it might be a worthy idea to swap to EU, or even RU, if the option is given for NA players.  I mean, EU alone has 10x the population of the NA servers, it seems.

2 hours ago, Errants said:

So, seems like it might be a worthy idea to swap to EU, or even RU, if the option is given for NA players.  I mean, EU alone has 10x the population of the NA servers, it seems.

EU dead at night their time has about the same pop as NA right before primetime

Side question, but have WG NA made any indication on what they saw as the reason for the decline, and or what if any changes they'll be making in response (beyond the merge)?

1 minute ago, Ezz said:

Side question, but have WG NA made any indication on what they saw as the reason for the decline, and or what if any changes they'll be making in response (beyond the merge)?

I think they understand its the same old same old maps, so their response is to put lipstick on a pig reskin the maps for the new graphics engine

5 hours ago, Fulcrous said:

i live on west coast and get 168-174 ping to eu. east coasters should be getting 100-120ish

East Coast, get 110ish.

6 hours ago, Fulcrous said:

What's EU prime time?

Edit:  Looks like 1100-1400 CDT...  Bleh, glad I don't work 9-5, so can make stuff on off days.

7 hours ago, Fulcrous said:

EU is still good considering population, but players are shit. 

6 hours ago, Gryphon_ said:

I think they understand its the same old same old maps, so their response is to put lipstick on a pig reskin the maps for the new graphics engine

I always wonder why is so hard to make a map for them???

1 hour ago, BlackAdder said:

EU is still good considering population, but players are shit. 

Players are shit on all servers, at all times, on all days, x2, x5, weekend, weekday, holidays, school in session.

Players are bad.

9 hours ago, MagicalFlyingFox said:

Everything is >300ms for East coast Aus :(

Yeah, thanks to those who posted links. I tested and indeed, the EU servers will all be over 300 ping from East-coast Australia. One of the servers though is only about 317, which would be playable assuming no packet loss.

Probably not 'sure' enough to take the plunge though, guess I'll keep playing on NA until it dies lol. That said, the new central server has been pretty stable for me so far at about 240-250 ping.

Well, my ping actually improved (60ms to 45ms) with the NA server move, so yay.  Where is test server based from?  I get about 130-140ms on test from central US which is not too much of an issue for me.  If I could get comparable ping on EU or RU then making the transition would not be a problem.

12 hours ago, Archaic_One said:

Well, my ping actually improved (60ms to 45ms) with the NA server move, so yay.  Where is test server based from?  I get about 130-140ms on test from central US which is not too much of an issue for me.  If I could get comparable ping on EU or RU then making the transition would not be a problem.

It seems like the server merge has been a good thing so far, at least from my perspective - more players on the server, faster battle loading, etc.  Obviously, after so little time, this is all anecdotal and not real evidence, but still..."seems better."

8 hours ago, Tanager said:

It seems like the server merge has been a good thing so far, at least from my perspective - more players on the server, faster battle loading, etc.  Obviously, after so little time, this is all anecdotal and not real evidence, but still..."seems better."

ANd ping is good?

30 minutes ago, BlackAdder said:

ANd ping is good?

Yeah, but it was always good for me (I'm sitting on a gig link at home, and I had 20-25 ms ping to East before), so I may not be diagnostic.

i think you guys are jumping the gun with all this migration to EU talk. Server pop isn't bad, and a central server makes sense in many aspects beyond the decrease in active players. It was always a PITA for clan stuff and having to work out who is on what server when platooning. There's a silver lining to this, makes everything simpler and I get to see players i rarely saw before. IIRC there was nearly 10k online last night at around midnight, which isn't bad at all. The long que times are probably the result of them fucking with the algorithm for "better" MM. Ironically the only difference I see is longer que times, and the same unfortunate combinations of 5x bat 25 on one side, and 4 Maus on the other - depending on which map this usually goes only one direction.

I'm still torn on this libertarian approach. On one hand I want the same class-for-class MM as in ships, on the other it makes for some really weird games, and variety is the spice of life. Then again, other team having more mediums on mines is not variety, it's knowing from the start that your team is fucked.