Sign in to follow this  
Reluctor

How to not have bad games

Question

So I recently downloaded a mod for session stats after running vanilla the majority of the year. What I've noticed is that I can maintain 3k WN8 games indefinitely until 1 of 2 things happens.
Occurance A: I make a stupid decision to over commit for a shot and get shot to hell in return. End result is a 2 shot or less game.
Occurence B: The game swings super hard in our favor and I am unable to get in more than a few shots of dmg before we have won. 

B is only really a problem because I'm afraid of option A happening and am being more careful in the first 2 or 3 minutes of the game. I'm not chai sniping but I'm not going to lead a push until I have a feel for the guys next to me and think they will actually support. 
I hear over and over how early dmg is the most important dmg. So how do I do this without retaliation?

I'm sorry if this sounds a little odd. I'm not the best at explaining the weirdness in my head.
Thank you for your time.

1 answer to this question

This is something that still happens to me (just on a much smaller scale)

Steamrolls are something you simply can't do anything about. If your team is competent then just play along with it, it's gonna be a poor game DPG wise regardess, try some new stuff if you feel like it or whatever. I prefer to go super aggro since I know my game won't be amazing or even average anyway since the game gets a bit more heated and exciting that way. 

Steamrolls on the losing end is super different however: if you dig yourself in real hard it's totally possible to squeeze a lot out. Doesn't really matter where you are, but it has to be 1v2 or less or behind the remaining teammates. Be a dick and don't take shots - better game since it's lost anyway