Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
PDX_Dragon

T-54 Gun Selection

Recommended Posts

I wondering about gun selection on a T-54. 

A lot of people seem to prefer the D-10T2S.  Saving 1.1 seconds is important, but the D-54's better dispersion and aim time make it look pretty good. 

What are others thinking?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I changed to D54, it works well, and you get 219 pen when not spamming HEAT

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, PDX_Dragon said:

I wondering about gun selection on a T-54. 

A lot of people seem to prefer the D-10T2S.  Saving 1.1 seconds is important, but the D-54's better dispersion and aim time make it look pretty good. 

What are others thinking?

Use the D10s get close spam heat, melt anything you see with your super dpm (3k btw). 201 pen is still fine to pen most tier 9 and 10 mediums and still good enough for tier 8. For anything else use mastercard.  Brawl brawl brawl with your op turret. 

Use vstab, rammer and vents. Handling is not that bad since you only lose aim time but you gain a lot of turret dispersion. Even optics should not be too bad, if you really want extra view range. 

Oh and btw now that i check you get six degrees of gun depression with the D-10, only 5 with the D54. So yeah use the D-10. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

dpm, gun depression and turret dispersion all in favor of D-10T2S (standard pen is irrelevant). just get into the enemies face and use the improved turret.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, MeVersusPing said:

dpm, gun depression and turret dispersion all in favor of D-10T2S (standard pen is irrelevant). just get into the enemies face and use the improved turret.

wait the D-54 has less gun depression?

edit: it does what the actual fuck WG literally go fuck yourselves for this change. you're not making the D-54 more viable you're just nerfing the D10 for no fucking reason die in a fire

edit2: fucking fine, switched optics for vents since thats how you want me to play the damn tank WG. asscancer gun handling is now less asscancer and at least its nearly as accurate now as it was, and at least I get even more DPM out of it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Assassin7 said:

wait the D-54 has less gun depression?

edit: it does what the actual fuck WG literally go fuck yourselves for this change. you're not making the D-54 more viable you're just nerfing the D10 for no fucking reason die in a fire

edit2: fucking fine, switched optics for vents since thats how you want me to play the damn tank WG. asscancer gun handling is now less asscancer and at least its nearly as accurate now as it was, and at least I get even more DPM out of it. 

Told ya it was a "buff" thanks to the turret too. Just get close and melt tier 7s and 8s with that retarded dpm plus new armour. It's the ultimate bully now. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

just use the 219 pen one, far better accuracy is worth more as 1 sec reload, missing once due to crap accuracy is already equal to the ``extra dpm`` you get and thats ignoring the longer aim time (worse base acc means more time needed to get a shot in...)

ps: and T54 was never about dpm anyway, it was about #yolo and beiing able to do everything and if you want to everything, you need the better accuracy...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, GehakteMolen said:

just use the 219 pen one, far better accuracy is worth more as 1 sec reload, missing once due to crap accuracy is already equal to the ``extra dpm`` you get and thats ignoring the longer aim time (worse base acc means more time needed to get a shot in...)

ps: and T54 was never about dpm anyway, it was about #yolo and beiing able to do everything and if you want to everything, you need the better accuracy...

That was exactly my reasoning. Until i learned the D54 has less gun depression. 

Depression is everything. D10 it is. The gun handling is workable with vents+bia. And at least i now have even more DPM i guess. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Assassin7 said:

Depression is everything. D10 it is. The gun handling is workable with vents+bia. And at least i now have even more DPM i guess. 

I don't get it why is difference in two very similar guns. WG and logic :superserb:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3.9.2017 at 11:54 PM, rojo180 said:

That feel when the 430v2's gun didn't change at all. 

430-2 is so much better anyways, IF you disregard the fact that the turret doesnt fully rotate. It's hilarious to block every shot that circling autoaiming Bat-Chat throws at you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, SaintLaurentius said:

430-2 is so much better anyways, IF you disregard the fact that the turret doesnt fully rotate. It's hilarious to block every shot that circling autoaiming Bat-Chat throws at you.

Plus you have better armor layout than most of the same tier heavy's. :bigdoge:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, SaintLaurentius said:

430-2 is so much better anyways, IF you disregard the fact that the turret doesnt fully rotate. It's hilarious to block every shot that circling autoaiming Bat-Chat throws at you.

Pinging @Jug0sLovEn:serb:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

About the depression, the D-10 gained 1 degree, the D-54 didn't lose a degree, it has the same depression as the old T-54 had with both guns at -5. 

So if you liked the T-54 before the D-54 should be fine... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Hokum15 said:

So if you liked the T-54 before the D-54 should be fine... 

It's not about liking, it's about forcing you into extremes. You want DPM and depression, here's crappy accuracy. Imagine if they nerf VR on D-54 just because :serb:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

WTF are you guys talking about with the 201 vs 219 pen?  I just checked and my T54 still has 330 pen.  You guys scared me there for a second . . . 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I tried using both of them and so far I prefer the D-54 since it has better accuracy and dispersion values. But thats because my playstyle os pretty passive and I prefer more consistently. But the D10 has godlike dpm and if you spam heat, it can pretty much hold an entire flank by itself in a top tier battle honestly. But the gun choice depends entirely on ur play style.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/21/2017 at 6:47 PM, Archaic_One said:

WTF are you guys talking about with the 201 vs 219 pen?  I just checked and my T54 still has 330 pen.  You guys scared me there for a second . . . 

TBH T-54 always had 330 since 8.xx when they introduced HEAT for masses. AP would be viable if speed is above 1100 range. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I started thinking, "need accuracy," but I decided that, with the in-your-face run-n-gun playstyle that the t-54 practically demands, I'd drop optics for vents and use the D10 instead.  Not regretting it so far.  My VR is down into the 420s, which isn't great, but it's not horrible, and I've got .36 dispersion (vents, BIA, not running food), which feels pretty manageable to me.  The mobility boost simply enhances what were already the t54's strengths, IMHO, which are basically about getting close and melting faces/harassing the crap out of otherwise occupied heavies, etc.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...