arthurwellsley

9.20.1 Personal Missions

32 minutes ago, woe2you said:

Realistically you need a game with much more than 4k, or you fail as soon as someone else puts a shot into a TD.

Exactly! I was short with couple hundred damage at least 3 times before I  finally completed it. I must say in the current TD spam meta it is probably a bit easier.

Sooo ...

all StuG done with honors

all T28 done with honors

all T 55a done (except arty) with honors

Obj missing:

3 lt missions

1 mt mission

3 ht missions

3 TD missions

all arty missions

.will I get a free Object :)?

39 minutes ago, Statpadderer said:

Sooo ...

all StuG done with honors

all T28 done with honors

all T 55a done (except arty) with honors

Obj missing:

3 lt missions

1 mt mission

3 ht missions

3 TD missions

all arty missions

You have 10 orders from the first three tank sets.

- If you do two 15.4 missions with honors, you will have 12. Those 12 orders will allow you to skip the other three 15.4 mission in the Obj set.

- If you do SPG 15.3 with honors, and one 15.4 with honors, you will have 16 orders*, letting you skip the four other 15.4 missions

Pick your poison :)

* 10 (first two sets) + 1 (SPG 15.3) + 4 (other 15.3 missions you "freed" by completing SPG 15.3) + 1 (the one 15.4)

9 minutes ago, DHP said:

I believe he has 14 order not 10. 

Stug + T28 all with honor = 5x2. + T55A he has 4 sets.

Exactly like me. 14 done with honors, none of the 260 missions(and HT 15 fot T55A). Complete two more and apparently that would be enough to unlock 260.

6 minutes ago, DHP said:

I believe he has 14 order not 10. 

Stug + T28 all with honor = 5x2. + T55A he has 4 sets.

If he has done four of the 15.3 with honors and claimed the tank, it means he, in essence, has used the four orders he gathered to skip the fifth 15.3, SPG.

Hence me not adding it in the sum - it is "tied down", so to speak, in the skipped mission. He will get it back (and get an additional one) if he does the skipped mission with honors - thats why his total raises by 4+1 at that point

1 minute ago, Stiglic said:

If he has done four of the 15.3 with honors and claimed the tank, it means he, in essence, has used the four orders he gathered to skip the fifth 15.3, SPG.

I am fairly sure (99.9%), that after the update you will still have the possibility to finish 4 missions with honor and get the tank. The game won't automatically activate 4 orders to complete SPG 15.3

10 minutes ago, DHP said:

I am fairly sure (99.9%), that after the update you will still have the possibility to finish 4 missions with honor and get the tank. The game won't automatically activate 4 orders to complete SPG 15.3

If he has four sets done with honors for the T-55a (and the fifth not at all), and has claimed the T-55a, that essentially means he skipped the fifth mission set for the T-55a. This would use up 4 orders.

If he has done four sets with honors for the T-55a, but did not claim the tT-55a, then yes, sure, his four orders would still be free

I dont think the game would let you have a tank *and* the 4 orders it would take under the new system to claim it (by skipping the fifth set)

Edit: okay, there is one scenario I didnt think of: if he had done SPG 15.3, but with no honors  - I automatically assumed he hadnt done it at all, my bad.
In that case, you are right, he would have 14, as he wouldn't have needed to "skip" the SPG 15.3

8 minutes ago, Stiglic said:

If he has four sets done with honors for the T-55a, and has claimed the T-55a, that essentially means he skipped the fifth mission set for the T-55a. This would use up 4 orders.

If he has done four sets with hnoors for the T-55a, but did not claim the tT-55a, then yes, sure, his four orders would still be free

I dont think the game would let you have a tank *and* the 4 orders it would take under the new system to claim it (by skipping the fifth set)

Edit: okay, there is one scenario I didnt think of: if he had done SPG 15.3 with no honors  - I automatically assumed he hadnt done it at all, my bad.
In that case, you are right, he would have 14, as he wouldn't have needed to "skip" the SPG 15.3

The scenario i am seing is that he did the 4 with honor allowing him to claim the tank, he did not do do 15.3 at all. But i am fairly sure that if you do 4 with honor (even after the patch) you will get the tank without the need to unlock the last set. Now I may be wrong it is also possible.

And if in the event where that is no longer the cases (unlocking the tank with four missions with honor) i would also be surprise that WG do a rollback to see if he did 15.3 and use 4 orders if he didn't, to essentially "pay" for the tank he already got.

6 minutes ago, DHP said:

The scenario i am seing is that he did the 4 with honor allowing him to claim the tank, he did not do do 15.3 at all. But i am fairly sure that if you do 4 with honor (even after the patch) you will get the tank without the need to unlock the last set. Now I may be wrong it is also possible.

If you do four 15.X with honor after the patch, you will have been rewarded:

- four of the five "module tokens" you need for the tank
 - four orders

To get the tank, you will need the fifth "module token", which is a mission reward from the fifth 15.X
To gain that reward from the fifth 15.X, you need to "skip" that mission by using the four orders you have accumulated
(or you could just complete the fifth 15.X, of course)

This is how the new system sorta replicates the old.

Ergo, under the new system, if you have a T-55a with only four 15.X completions, you will need the fifth 15.X "skipped" with orders (or completed normally), otherwise you would have gotten a tank with only four of the five "module tokens", which would be a steal. 

I will try and make a formula here maybe to better explain 

5 minutes ago, Stiglic said:

If you do four 15.X with honor after the patch, you will have been rewarded:

- four of the five "module tokens" you need for the tank
 - four orders

To get the tank, you will need the fifth "module token", which is a mission reward from the fifth 15.X
To gain that reward from the fifth 15.X, you need to "skip" that mission by using the four orders you have accumulated
(or you could just complete the fifth 15.X, of course)

This is how the new system sorta replicates the old.

Ergo, under the new system, if you have a T-55a with only four 15.X completions, you will need the fifth 15.X "skipped" with orders (or completed normally), otherwise you would have gotten a tank with only four of the five "module tokens", which would be a steal. 

I will try and make a formula here maybe to better explain 

Ok. I am just surprise WG will do a rollback.

Basically right now if you did stug, T28 and T55 while skipping arty and you arrive at the 260 you are saying that you have basically 0 order available. 

So basically if you reach the 260 with zero SPG15, you have 0 order and each SPG15 will be essentially worth 5 orders once you achieved that specific SPG15 with honor.

13 minutes ago, DHP said:

Ok. I am just surprise WG will do a rollback.

Basically right now if you did stug, T28 and T55 while skipping arty and you arrive at the 260 you are saying that you have basically 0 order available. 

So basically SPG15.1, SPG 15.2, and SPG 15.3 are each worth 5 orders once you have honor on them. 

You are correct, if you never completed any of the SPG 15.X missions at all, all your orders will be tied down in skipping them.
Its not really a rollback, though - if you did it like this, nothing really changes, you just need to complete four sets with honor (or five any way) to get the object, exactly like before

Its more a reward, in where people who completed all five sets for a given tank for whatever reason, get to now make their lives easier in getting their next tank reward (the Object for most people, T-55a for e.g. me). Incentivizing doing all five sets, in other words, instead of always skipping one 

You are tempted to get the Object - you do earlier missions you have otherwise skipped - WG profits of the money you spend to do that - you are happy as arguably even earlier SPG 15.X missions are more feasible than 15.4 missions with honors  - everybody wins (kinda)

8 minutes ago, DHP said:

And if in the event where that is no longer the cases (unlocking the tank with four missions with honor) i would also be surprise that WG do a rollback to see if he did 15.3 and use 4 orders if he didn't, to essentially "pay" for the tank he already got.

Agree with Stiglic.

As we understand it, Orders are simply "Commendations +"  Currently, when you do four missions with honors for the reward tank you get four extra "Commendations" that you use to skip the fifth set.  That continues under the new schema, however the big advantage is you can recover those if you do the missions and then reuse your orders on a different mission/mission set facilitating fast tracking a different reward tank.

4 minutes ago, DHP said:

Affirmative, 0 orders available, 12 Orders "locked" for skipping missions, 3 Orders available for completing the 5th mission set with honors.

So, yes completing a Skipped Mission set (not everyone skips arty... many skip the LTs) with honors will be equivalent/net you 5 Orders...

Best case scenario first three reward tanks; 5 Mission Set completions with Honors nets 15 Orders, and 1 260 Mission set completion with honors, nets you the 260.

As he says.

one important caveat: after the patch, you can only "free" orders from skipped missions if you complete the skipped mission with honors (!) + 15.x honors are getting more difficult after the patch (!)

so there might be some sense in trying to complete skipped 15.x missions to at least the non-honor level *now* (before patch) as that way (as opposed to no completion whatsoever), there will be no orders "auto-tied-down" into them, and you won't need to do them to the honor level to free up the four orders after the patch. 

Only four orders per set that way instead of five, but probably still better than having to do 15.x honors post patch

ofc it all depends on the maths of how much you really need for your object.

In either case, In summary: do the 15.x you skipped *now*, either to prevent locked-in orders (which you can only free with an honors completion post patch) by doing a simple basic completion, or to do the 15.x honors while they are still easier

This may have been posted, but instead of having people asking to have whether they get it, could someone do WG's job and tell us wtf is going on? (Instead of doing this on a case by case basis). ie, complete these missions to get x amount of orders, and to unlock these missions cost y amount of orders. Basically a table all of us can reference so you don't keep getting bombarded with questions. Or should we all wait for the test server to drop and just check it there? 

4 hours ago, snowdude21325 said:

This may have been posted, but instead of having people asking to have whether they get it, could someone do WG's job and tell us wtf is going on? (Instead of doing this on a case by case basis). ie, complete these missions to get x amount of orders, and to unlock these missions cost y amount of orders. Basically a table all of us can reference so you don't keep getting bombarded with questions. Or should we all wait for the test server to drop and just check it there? 

I could write a script to build that table, but it would be very large. There's 7 ways to get a tank: 4 completions with honors for 0 orders or 5 completions with 0 to 5 honors for 0 to 5 orders respectively. Once you get to the 260, you could have any number of orders between 0 and 15. Then, there are several options between completing 260 missions with or without honors and skipping some number of missions.

The quickest path on the 260 branch would be to have every proceeding 15 mission done with honors. Then you could skip 4 branches entirely by only completing a single branch with honors 15 + 1 = 16 = 4 * 4). 

I may make some tables later. 

Ways to unlock a tank where X, C and H refer to level 15 missions not completed, completed without honors and completed with honors, respectively:

H H H H X / 0 orders
C C C C C / 0 orders
H C C C C / 1 orders
H H C C C / 2 orders
H H H C C / 3 orders
H H H H C / 4 orders
H H H H H / 5 orders

Now, sum up your combinations per the table above for each tank to get your total number of orders. For every multiple of 4 that you have, you can skip a 15.X mission.

This is my status as an example:

Stug: H H H H H / 5 orders
T28: H H H H H / 5 orders
T-55: H H H H X / 0 orders
260: H H C X X / 2 orders
Total: 12 orders

Therefore, I can spend 8 orders to finish the SPG-15.4 and LT-15.4 to get a 260 and the last 4 orders to get the 5th girl crew member from the T-55a set on patch day.

Let me caveat all of that with what I perceive as the consensus on how people think this will work. WG could do something entirely different and I would not be surprised.

20 minutes ago, hall0 said:

Wait a sec. In your example you have four honors in  the T55a row but this only results in 0 orders? 

Shouldn't you have 16 orders in total? 

Those four orders are tied down into skipping the fifth 15.3 mission - that is implied by him getting the T-55a, despite only four completions
Freeing up those four orders would necessitate doing the skipped mission with honors, which would give 1 order in itself + the 4 previously locked in there

Cool tables btw, I was thinking of how best to illustrate this and those are the best way I think

7 hours ago, Archaic_One said:

So, if I completed all 10 of the Stug?HTC missions, but one of them without honors, I have 9 orders freed up with none locked?

Correct.
You can use that nine to unlock two 15.X missions (for 8), and then maybe use the leftover ninth to unlock any 1-14.X (those only cost one), should you so desire, i.e. if there is one stubborn non-final mission in way of a doable 15.X

In other news: I tried to practice what I preach and do T28 HTC arty missions - but damn, was this the most thoroughly wasted couple hours of my life. Not as infuriating as the slotmachine arties before the nerf, but still, UGH

8 hours ago, monjardin said:

Therefore, I can spend 8 orders to finish the SPG-15.4 and LT-15.4 to get a 260 and the last 4 orders to get the 5th girl crew member from the T-55a set on patch day.

Let me caveat all of that with what I perceive as the consensus on how people think this will work. WG could do something entirely different and I would not be surprised.

The reward for fulfilling the primary conditions of skipped final missions will also be received, e.g. if you completed the StuG IV and T28 HTC operations by skipping the SPG sets, you will receive the reward for fulfilling the primary conditions. And this amounts to two additional female crew members, by the way.

This is one deviation from the current system.  As I understand it (and the notes indicate) by using orders to "skip" a mission set you also receive the primary reward for that mission set.  Thus why players will get extra female crew at patch drop if they have completed 4 mission sets with honors (and have orders allocated to the 5th)...

@monjardin I understand it that in "skipping" a mission set you do not receive the honors part.  Therefore you need to skip three mission sets for the 260 (12 Orders) and not two mission sets.  But dont worry, as noted above you already have 4 orders allocated to the T55A so will have 12 to "spend", not to mention that you should get one female crew (T55A) at patch drop and three female crew (260) when you spend your orders to skip missions and get the 260...

SIV: H H H H H / 5 orders
T28: H H H H H / 5 orders
T55: H H H H X / 0 orders
260: X H X X X / 1 orders

Total: 11 orders

Whelp, just nailed LT 15.1 w/ Honors last night, 4k damage in my T71.  That tank isn't broken at all.

So, that's where I figure I'm at.  On 15.3 for SPG's to free up 4-5 orders there, and TD 15.4.  Still need to unlock LT and HT 15.4...  been stuck on certain missions.