MacusFlash

FV215b (183) - another special vehicle and finally (after like 6-7 years?) single shot high tier French HTs

36 minutes ago, kreigermann said:

Sigh, I got up through the tier 7 on the 183 tree... and it just killed me inside. I think I'll skip the tier8 and try the tortoise.  :/

The tier 7 is by far the lowest point in the branch, imo. The AT15 is faster, has a wide gun arc, high depression and actually workable armor.

6 minutes ago, Madner Kami said:

The tier 7 is by far the lowest point in the branch, imo. The AT15 is faster, has a wide gun arc, high depression and actually workable armor.

Sigh... OK..  You've convinced me to give it a try... I'll blame you if it sucks donkeys.  :P

8 hours ago, kreigermann said:

Sigh... OK..  You've convinced me to give it a try... I'll blame you if it sucks donkeys.  :P

Basically if you free xp a tank. Free xp the T7.

Also i don't know if you guy's noticed but it's better to do the 4005 II line before the 183 because stock gun of some tank from 4005 line are top gun for the 183. 

In a nut shell. Charioteer gets Type A barrel right of the bat that is the AT-7 top gun, the middle gun of the charioteer is the top of the AT-15, and the conway gets immediatly the 120mm that will cost you like 60k on the tortoise.

Also grinding the medium line before the 4005 is not a bad idea since you share most of the engines. It's a nation that share a LOT of modules. 

Obviously this is the scenario you might want to follow on the long run and don't want to if you only want that 183.

On 19/9/2017 at 6:08 PM, Madner Kami said:

I don't see the problem that people have with the M103. It was a good heavium before they buffed the turret. It only got better since then.

Autopenned by tier 7 russian heavies is not something makes you good in my book. When i used to play my t49 i always loaded heat for 700 free dmg. So yeah i never liked the idea of playing a tank with a huge bullseye. 

Never played it post buff so i cant say anything about it now

FV205 stats are out - https://thearmoredpatrol.com/2017/09/22/wot-supertest-fv205/

Looks pretty solid -

Tier: X TD, GB (regular, FV215 (183) replacement)
HP: 2050
Horsepower: 950 HP
Weight: 65 t
Max. weight: 70 t
Power-to-weight ratio: 14.62 HP/t
Max. speed forwards/backwards: 34.3 / -12 km/h
Hull traverse speed: 22 °/s
Horizontal gun laying speed: 16 °/s
Terrain resistance: 1.726 / 1.918 / 2.877
View range: 390 m
Signal range: 782.1 m

Hull armor: 304 / 101 / 31

Gun: OQF 123 mm Mk. 1

Damage: 420 / 420 / 520
Penetration: 272 / 320 / 130
Reload speed: 6.8 s
Accuracy: 0,288
Aim speed: 1.63 s
Horizontal gun constraints: 15 / 15 °
Gun depression/elevation: -10 / +20

Standard rounds are APCR.

LFP looks likely to be around 100 thick, so similar to Super Conqueror LFP, flat parts of the superstructure are 305mm, angled parts look about 178. 

123mm gun cos reasons. 

10 hours ago, tajj7 said:

FV205 stats are out - https://thearmoredpatrol.com/2017/09/22/wot-supertest-fv205/

Looks pretty solid -

Standard rounds are APCR.

LFP looks likely to be around 100 thick, so similar to Super Conqueror LFP, flat parts of the superstructure are 305mm, angled parts look about 178. 

123mm gun cos reasons. 

Overmatch!

Quick question I can't seem to find out. Do Ι need to buy the fv 183 to have it as a special vehicle? Or if I have it researched I can buy it later on? 

13 minutes ago, kariverson said:

Quick question I can't seem to find out. Do Ι need to buy the fv 183 to have it as a special vehicle? Or if I have it researched I can buy it later on? 

You need to have it in your garage before the switch occurs,

Αh damn. I'm playing my sis account with no prems and only a kv1 and a tort and 50k credits. And with 4.5k dmg with the tort with prem account is barely 20k profit no gold rounds!