Sign in to follow this  
Canadian_Reaper

How does the 183 line work these days?

On 10/30/2017 at 10:37 AM, Errants said:

I ran all of that line as 2nd line support heavies. Worked fairly well. Open maps are your bane, anything with hard cover that you can peek around/hide from arty/hide weakspots makes them infinitely better. Additionally, the Tier VI and VII work best when they orbit the map (opposite directions for them, of course), leverage the fact your gun is so off-center.

Yeah I think I'm going to have to sit way back and support, keep seeing these things all over the place, and they're just so easy to pen with even a semi accurate gun. Just wish I knew if the new T10 was going to have good armor, or if they're going to continue the "well the armor is kinda crap but it's a DPM machine" idea.

10 hours ago, Canadian_Reaper said:

Just wish I knew if the new T10 was going to have good armor, or if they're going to continue the "well the armor is kinda crap but it's a DPM machine" idea.

Ditto. The armor was "meh but probably good at max gun depression" last time I saw armor models, and then the supertest notes said the armor got buffed, but it probably still has a weak lower plate that you need to hide. 

OK finally picked up the 183.

This thing is...hilarious. Nothing like one shotting a full health E75, followed by one shotting a full health WZ111-1-4, then planting the next 4 shots into the ground right in front of the tank. Followed by bouncing a 310 AP shell off a 13 105

T49's are for wannabe's, this thing is the real RNG machine. 

(I may feel differently after I've played more than 4 or 5 game in it)

16 hours ago, Canadian_Reaper said:

T49's are for wannabe's, this thing is the real RNG machine. 

T49 and hardly can one shot people, this can. 

MEME tank as i said before, I actually never played 183 before nerf (shame), but in current form it’s  also fun. 

:serb:

As stated above by others - it's a MEME tank. One trick pony. There is almost no armor, it gets set on fire all the time, engine goes down regularly if you get penned in front plate. It's rage-inducing on the regular basis when you play it, BUT there will be those few shots that will put enemies into eating their keyboards and throwing monitors out of the window. Yesterday I've penned Jag E-100 lower plate from like 430m for 2008 dmg. :kreygasm:  And ofc you can shit on every tank with your HESH ammo. The line is kinda bad tho. Surely worse and more painful to grind than FV4005 line.
AT-2 is amazing if you can deal with being slow af, (armor RIP in next patch)
AT-8 is afwul with two weakspots and one of them is pennable by KV-2/O-I HE derp,
AT-7 can work sometimes if you can put DPM and gun placement to use,
Tortoise (don't even bother playing with stock gun) was dissappointing for me - armor is a lie, awful hatch, awful roof armor (getting buffed in new patch tho). But the moment you can put that dpm to use and safely farm enemies from 400m + while using your gun depression - you are golden.