MaxL_1023

So what is up with WOWS?

Barbette citadels are obscenely hard to hit though. Thats more a thing that you get a nice surprise from, rather than something you try for. Always nice to watch dunkek hit a bow on NC for 12k.

39 minutes ago, SoliDeoGloria said:

Barbette citadels are obscenely hard to hit though. Thats more a thing that you get a nice surprise from, rather than something you try for. Always nice to watch dunkek hit a bow on NC for 12k.

Maybe it's selection bias on my part but it always seems to happen in clutch situations where it's do or die time. lol

3 hours ago, Rodrigopine said:

Maybe it's selection bias on my part but it always seems to happen in clutch situations where it's do or die time. lol

I find it to be utterly random.

4 hours ago, SoliDeoGloria said:

Yeah, the actual citadels are hard to get, but 33%s are pretty reliable if your guns don't derp everywhere.

50 minutes ago, Mnemon said:

Yeah, the actual citadels are hard to get, but 33%s are pretty reliable if your guns don't derp everywhere.

Oh yeah, pen damage is easy, to the point that I never even think of firing HE in my BBs.

8 hours ago, Rodrigopine said:

Only if I'm bottom tier fighting bow on BBs. Otherwise AP all the way!

Even then, aiming for knocking out turrets, and superstructure pens is what I do.

On 9/29/2017 at 9:11 PM, SoliDeoGloria said:

Oh yeah, pen damage is easy, to the point that I never even think of firing HE in my BBs.

HE has always had a place in battleships but you need to be sure of your ammunition selection. A bow-on Yamato will only take limited penetration damage and only until the superstructure is saturated. Once that happens you're not going to be doing much to him. In that kind of situation you're much better firing HE and forcing his damage control or getting ticking damage on him.