Manic_Wombat

Clan battles, 7v7 & only 1 BB per side!

So, we made it to Typhoon league last night. Apparently, the 21st clan to make there in EU.

So, uh, good for us. How have people's experiences been so far?

No experience so far. Time limitation prevents me from playing. As for my clan it's not doing so well, again mainly due to our better players and callers not being able to make the restrictive time. So we've been relying on our lower skilled players going in to battle with callers that have little to no experience. GG WG. 

2 hours ago, MntRunner said:

No experience so far. Time limitation prevents me from playing. As for my clan it's not doing so well, again mainly due to our better players and callers not being able to make the restrictive time. So we've been relying on our lower skilled players going in to battle with callers that have little to no experience. GG WG. 

I would say that at least a 3rd of our clan hasn't been able to participate because of the time restriction. WG could expand the window by an hour or an hour and a half and I think we'd be able to get everyone in.

We had a nice night tonight, we had 5 battles and went 4-1.  Importantly, we had quiet/calm communications and no bad beats.  Our one loss was calmly discussed afterwards, and we ended up playing the same map, using the previous teams winning strat, and came up with ( I quote Ducky ) "Our best Clan Battle performance yet".  I am hoping for more participation on Saturday night, we should be able to have 12 players rotating in and out of those 7 spots for all three hours.  We had three people call, and all did  a good to great job directing us, we would be wise to carry that momentum into Saturday night, where hopefully some of our top players on the West Coast can slip in for the last hour.

1 hour ago, Rodrigopine said:

Sometimes unusual team compositions can throw you for a loop especially if it's the first time you're encountering it. I call it  the 'wha da fuq?' effect. ;)

Sometimes? In my experience this is the primary reason for a good team loosing against a bad team. You can not predict stupid by trying to do the intelligent thing.

6 hours ago, Rodrigopine said:

Sometimes unusual team compositions can throw you for a loop especially if it's the first time you're encountering it. I call it  the 'wha da fuq?' effect. ;)

I swear I would just throw the computer out of the window if I had 6 Khaba's surrounding me like piranhas.