Canadian_Reaper

WoT new personal rating system

If they somehow extract solo from platooned win rate they could use it, otherwise it is a mess (as usual). 

Blocked damage was important back in my day - every shot you deflect could have been taken at a teammate with less armor or HP. Also, when enemy tanks can't penetrate you they will often either ignore you (allowing you to take a better position if one is available) or expose themselves trying to find a better shot. You can only do so much from the second line.

Some of the most success I can remember from the old days was playing a brick (E-100, 4502B, NOT a Maus as its too slow) while platoonmates were driving either glass cannons or medium tanks - they would wreck everything while half the enemy team was focusing on me. 10K blocked damage was not unusual, and that is a LOT of firepower which was negated. 

However, WG promoting XVM is yet another reason to not bother with playing - all it does is degrade gameplay.

17 minutes ago, MacusFlash said:

What if I like playing low and mid tiers? My primary goal in WoT is fun (yeah, I said that and I'm sober), not stats. 

It's possible to separate newbies from old players (it was even introduced but it works poorly). 

@moogleslam

1. Take a look at new missions interface. It's so bad that I don't care about events because I don't get what's going on. So it won't be a good interface for stats too. 

2. Simply make defense points doubled value. 

3. Blocked damage should have minimal impact on rating. 

4. Yup, survival ratio is a dumb idea. I have 45% just because I don't like my tank being a wreck. It doesn't make a good player. 

Because i see it as a way to learn how to play to game. WG should allow a sort of soft pvp and why not make it from tier 1 to 4. In those tiers the difference among classes is very thin, but it allows players to learn how to aim shoot and move around. Getting destroyed by a luchs in few seconds is not a great experience if you just started playing the game. 

Another solution would be a safe mode where new players can play among themselves and then they can move on to play with the rest of the community. But seriously i am tired of retards with their t67 or whatever shit machine taking advantage of helpless players to pad their stats. And personally i dont like playing against them too when i am grinding. I mean it is better for me since i can take advantage of newbies by getting easy exp, but it is annoying to do so. 

But I do understand you. We simply have different taste and i have to admit I used to adore my T-34. It was so much fun.

Havent bothered to look into this deeply but I do believe this systems weighs assisted too heavily. I was comparing some of the months and I had one where I was slightly higher im everything but had 700 less rating despite a 4% higher winrate and 70less assisted.

Not to drag this off topic, but...

zHRus9w.png

ENGopq1.png

I even asked Support about it.

August 14, 2013 10:30 AM

Dear Nightmare,

Thank you for contacting World of Tanks support.

After reviewing your replays I too counted 32 trees and 3 kills plus a win.

After confirming that I have done an exhaustive research through the World of Tanks wiki, forum, 8.6 patch notes, 8.7 patch notes, as well as notes for the EU version and the RU version, I can not find an actual implementation of this award.

Believe me, I was convinced that it existed before you had sent in this ticket, but after extensive research I can not find an official announcement of this achievement.

Thank you for you cooperation, and bringing this to my attention.

We hope you continue to enjoy World of Tanks.

Please do not hesitate to contact us with future questions or concerns.

See you on the battlefield!

Best Regards,
Trevor Collins

Wargaming America Support Service
To reply please log in to https://support.worldoftanks.com use your registered forum email and password.

21 hours ago, Tanager said:

Apparently, I suck just as badly as I suspected.

I wasn't sure whether to laugh or cry when I saw it, to be honest!

18 hours ago, NightmareMk9 said:

Not to drag this off topic, but...

zHRus9w.png

ENGopq1.png

I even asked Support about it.

Hide contents

August 14, 2013 10:30 AM

Dear Nightmare,

Thank you for contacting World of Tanks support.

After reviewing your replays I too counted 32 trees and 3 kills plus a win.

After confirming that I have done an exhaustive research through the World of Tanks wiki, forum, 8.6 patch notes, 8.7 patch notes, as well as notes for the EU version and the RU version, I can not find an actual implementation of this award.

Believe me, I was convinced that it existed before you had sent in this ticket, but after extensive research I can not find an official announcement of this achievement.

Thank you for you cooperation, and bringing this to my attention.

We hope you continue to enjoy World of Tanks.

Please do not hesitate to contact us with future questions or concerns.

See you on the battlefield!

Best Regards,
Trevor Collins

Wargaming America Support Service
To reply please log in to https://support.worldoftanks.com use your registered forum email and password.

An actual competent response from WG customer support?

NA either has actually competent staff on the support team unlike EU or they have too much time on their hand due to the non-existant playerbase on NA...

7 hours ago, Jesse_the_Scout said:

Conqueror, the only tank I've played enough recently to have a "ranking". Seems legit.

Conquerer.jpg

oh my gosh you are so dumb the guy with the 39% wr is so much better than you because he has a higher damaged blocked or whatever the second last column is. He must be WAAAAYYYY better

5 hours ago, garryallen said:

oh my gosh you are so dumb the guy with the 39% wr is so much better than you because he has a higher damaged blocked or whatever the second last column is. He must be WAAAAYYYY better

Holy shit that's incredible.

5 hours ago, garryallen said:

Damage blocked should be higher for lightly armored tanks, it’s skill to block with no armor and skill is to scout with blind tank. 

On 9/28/2017 at 11:12 AM, Jesse_the_Scout said:

Conqueror, the only tank I've played enough recently to have a "ranking". Seems legit.

Conquerer.jpg

LOL...

Wargaming, where decisions are made based on the color of the most recently eaten crayon.

Looks promising. I wish we could get a data dump of a few tens of thousands of players scores per vehicle; but its not in the API - yet.

I looks like they have tailored the actual formula to each tank type ie med/heavy/TD, etc, which is where WN8 wanted to go, but without assisted damage it wasnt worth it. However, they don't disclose their actual formula, but have revealed that it's full of frig factors to compensate for the differences of formula.

I have no doubt we'll reverse engineer it when we get a big data dump (maybe from XVM). 

If XVM is going to be the primary output of this data one has to hope it's the end of their awful XTE rating, which they insist on putting in my client stats

Everything is fine as long as wg doesn't allow players to see ratings in battle.

We already have xvm cancer wn8 that can't be disabled, we don't need another way to focus people after wn8 and clan tags.

There should be an option to prevent third party applications to extract your data (stats mainly).

8 hours ago, BlackAdder said:

Would pay for FOG of WAR. 

Nope, I would not pay for that. Let's not give WG anymore ideas that they can charge money for and gradually make this game more and more pay to play.

40 minutes ago, DirtyACE7 said:

Nope, I would not pay for that. Let's not give WG anymore ideas that they can charge money for and gradually make this game more and more pay to play.

If that brings some improvements rather than spamming broken tanks, I'm all in. In contrast, we get more paid toxic shit.

Imagine premium users are invisible to MM until spot :D Less focus at least. 

NO SPG mode, easy money grab. Here is my monthly fee. And if you won't pay, enjoy with clickers. Best for all players. 

3 hours ago, BlackAdder said:

If that brings some improvements rather than spamming broken tanks, I'm all in. In contrast, we get more paid toxic shit.

Imagine premium users are invisible to MM until spot :D Less focus at least. 

NO SPG mode, easy money grab. Here is my monthly fee. And if you won't pay, enjoy with clickers. Best for all players. 

They can add those things to the already existing fee you pay for premium as they already make a healthy profit from the game.

If you want to enable a greedy company continue being greedy as WG have been proven to be over and over and over, then go right ahead. If you want them to nickle and dime you to death, then it's up to you.

4 hours ago, DirtyACE7 said:

They can add those things to the already existing fee you pay for premium as they already make a healthy profit from the game.

If you want to enable a greedy company continue being greedy as WG have been proven to be over and over and over, then go right ahead. If you want them to nickle and dime you to death, then it's up to you.

As i said they already introduced some weird pay shit. And they keep spamming with premium tanks which actually solves nothing. Maybe they need little incentive.

I’m not all p2w this free game, but they headed in that toxic direction anyways.