Sign in to follow this  
OOPMan

LawBreakers: Free Weekend

I may well be the only person on this forum playing LawBreakers but there is a free weekend happening from 10am PDT Sept 28 to 10am PDT Oct 28

If you're in the mood for an arena shooter with a hero flavour too (Yes, like OverWatch this game has class-based Heroes. No, this game does not play very much like OverWatch at all, I can confirm this from having tried OW again during the recent free weekend)  then I highly recommend you give LB a try.

You may have heard some negative stuff about this game (People claiming its an OW clone, people claiming it's a dead game, all the manner of stuff really) but in my opinion this game is worth playing and given you have a chance to do so for free, why not?

Reasons to give this a go during the free weekend:

• It's a free weekend
  • You enjoy fast-paced shooters
  • You enjoy arena shooters
  • You want a game that that brings reminds you a bit of the UT99 map DM-Morpheus
  • You want to play something the combines elements of OW (class-based heroes), Titanfall 2 (a focus on movement), Unreal Tournament (speed) plus some spins on old ideas (movement, objectives, etc)

Reasons not to try it:

• You're on PS4. Sorry, this free weekend is Steam only :-(

Keen? Head over to http://store.steampowered.com/app/350280/LawBreakers/

I'm not a fan of such games that much, I tested it in beta and it ran absolutely fantastic on my build, but not a game for me. I feel sorry for the developers however, this is just sad. :feelsbad:

cUKNZVG.png

2 hours ago, Siimcy said:

I'm not a fan of such games that much, I tested it in beta and it ran absolutely fantastic on my build, but not a game for me. I feel sorry for the developers however, this is just sad. :feelsbad:

cUKNZVG.png

Yeah, the player number count is frustrating but hopefully the free weekend will help. There is a general issue in that the game has not taken off much in the SEA region which means that at a certain time of day the player count is very low. Generally the NA East and EU servers always have enough players on them and one of the benefits of the match size being 5v5 is that you don't need as many players online to get matches.

The core community of players is pretty awesome though. There are a lot of oldfart UT/Q3A players and the general vibe on the official discord is positive. Not "in denial" positive, more like "it's a good game, it just needs some room to grow".

10 hours ago, OOPMan said:

Yeah, the player number count is frustrating but hopefully the free weekend will help. There is a general issue in that the game has not taken off much in the SEA region which means that at a certain time of day the player count is very low. Generally the NA East and EU servers always have enough players on them and one of the benefits of the match size being 5v5 is that you don't need as many players online to get matches.

The core community of players is pretty awesome though. There are a lot of oldfart UT/Q3A players and the general vibe on the official discord is positive. Not "in denial" positive, more like "it's a good game, it just needs some room to grow".

there is barely anyone playing http://www.gamerevolution.com/news/349149-lawbreakers-player-count-falls-20-steam

when i tried the beta, the tutorial was pretty shit (i didn't make much of an effort to learn either), balance wise, people better than me have said the tankier classes are essentially dog shit, which also added to my mediocre experience

OW is more refined, well-known, and balanced comparatively, it also didn't help a huge chunk of its press was "here's how we aren't OW" and how they pissed on xbox one fans (because "money" ) ; this documentary sums that up pretty well

3 hours ago, lordawesome7 said:

there is barely anyone playing http://www.gamerevolution.com/news/349149-lawbreakers-player-count-falls-20-steam

when i tried the beta, the tutorial was pretty shit (i didn't make much of an effort to learn either), balance wise, people better than me have said the tankier classes are essentially dog shit, which also added to my mediocre experience

OW is more refined, well-known, and balanced comparatively, it also didn't help a huge chunk of its press was "here's how we aren't OW" and how they pissed on xbox one fans (because "money" ) ; this documentary sums that up pretty well

1. Please try to be more intelligent. If you did a little research (Like, the tiniest amount, simply head over the SteamDB) you will discover that this rash of blog posts claiming the daily peak CCU has dropped below 50/20/0 are completely false. Daily peak CCU and CCU at a given point in time ARE NOT the same thing. This is not rocket science. Don't be a dummy a parrot shit you read in clickbait blog posts without fact checking it first.
  2. There have been plenty of changes since beta and anyone that tells you the tanky classes are bad is, to be frank, full of shit. Is it harder to do well with Titan or Juggernaut? Sure. Are they bad classes? Not even close. A well played Titan is one of the more mobile classes in the game while playing Juggernaut properly is actually quite difficult but very difficult to face off against. With that said, it is a fair point that the tutorials in the game are lacking and with any luck BKP will continue to improve on this.
  3. Please stop contributing to the stupid OW comparisons by sharing that silly CrowbCat hatchet job video. LB doesn't play much like OW and the video in question is excessively negative. Did Cliffy say some dumb shit? Sure. But go and look at game dev interviews for other games and you'll find it's not uncommon.

I'd recommend you give LB another go, but you're welcome not to. Just please don't punt dumb clickbait block links and that awful video. They really don't add anything to the discussion.