Lert

Psa: That Thing On The Front Of A Kv-2 Is Not A Good Thing.

When you're driving around and suddenly you see a very big and very green enemy tank that looks a little like this ...

12549x0.jpg

... be very aware of what that great big refrigerator on top is doing. If it keeps looking away, no problem. But if it starts doing this ...

2dtohlj.jpg

... until it looks like this ...

34rf5hf.jpg

... don't just sit there like a noob, waiting for your shot to load or your reticle to zoom in. See that great big gaping hole in that thick pipe sticking out the refrigerator? Yeah. Bad things come out of there. Very, very bad things. And they're aimed at you.

Too often am I driving my KV-2 and I take aim at someone and he just keeps sitting there. Before 8.1, when all I had loaded were HE rounds, this wasn't such a big issue. But now, a lot of people with big derp guns run gold shell loadouts, which in KV-2's case means 200+ pen with 750 damage. When an enemy KV-2 is looking at you, go somewhere else, because he's planning to do very, very bad things to you. And he will reload before you do.

Don't get me wrong, I love the free kills. But you'd think common sense would dictate not being where that pipe is aimed.

I just got my KV-2. In one of the few games I played, I hit a ferdi for ~300 damage with regular HE.

Stay away from the big green pipe monster.

I hit a ferdi for ~300 damage with regular HE.

I will forever have fond memories of that time I smacked a Ferdi in the side armor at ~500 meters with a HE shell. It went right through. I rolled high for damage. Never before has a Ferdi driver whined so hard about seeing quadruple digit HP removed from him by a tier 6.

I will forever have fond memories of that time I smacked a Ferdi in the side armor at ~500 meters with a HE shell. It went right through. I rolled high for damage. Never before has a Ferdi driver whined so hard about seeing quadruple digit HP removed from him by a tier 6.

An S51 is a tier 6.

I can't wait to dive into this thing and get past the learning curve. It just so happens I onlocked it on the night before my two busiest days of the week, so I've not had a chance to play.

Right now I'm at the stage of going full potato and doing the one hit wonder move. I figure I'll start treating it like an autoloader.

Didn't have anything else to do with my soviet crew I've been training, so I decided to put them in the king derp.

I figure I'll start treating it like an autoloader.

That is a good description. It's an autoloader that dumps all its damage in one shot.

An S51 is a tier 6.

Balanced and weighted as a tier 8.

Edited by Lert

That is a good description. It's an autoloader that dumps all its damage in one shot.

Balanced and weighted as a tier 8.

Until 8.6

Very true,

On the other hand, I've been known to play chicken with that gun, especially in my T49 (of the awe inspiring front -and- reverse accel).  Nothing quite gets the goat of a KV-2 player like zipping out of the way of his shell just as he pulls the trigger.  It's slow enough to aim you can often get the feel of when he'll shoot, but it it is risky, to be sure.

If I see a Kv-2 is in the lineup. 

I go for him, got to get the big, damaging gun out of the way.  I generally snipe them from cover, although I have been whacked by that gun a couple of times.  Since the tank is slow, and has slow traverse, I can get around and behind.. do some damage, speed off, and come back again from a different angle. Worked one over in my Cromwell yesterday... it was fun.. until their Tiger tracked me, and I was at the KV-2's mercy... Fortunately my last shot got him, just before the Tiger got me. .

Protip for 8.6:

KV-2 loses HEAT entirely. Replaced with a cruddy "enhanced" AP round with 130 pen. Still gotta pay gold for it. Lulz

I still say the KV-2 is largely a Darwinmobile.  I think I've died to one a total of three or four times, ever.  How people can commonly get killed by a tank with that level of horrible accuracy, aim time and reload is beyond me.

I've got to agree, but the whole "ITS NOT A NERF LOAD HE GUIZ" thing is getting to me more. Good players do not use HE in the KV-2. You're already incredibly unreliable, why would you punch yourself by putting up with unreliable damage on top of that? Hitting for 300 damage is a complete waste even against the toughest opponents you can face.