So far, we're seeing lots of Montanas as the BB choice.

53 minutes ago, bathoz said:

So far, we're seeing lots of Montanas as the BB choice.

Do you really think it because the Montana is better or because many have not researched Conqueror yet?

We see a lot of GKs....

Our setup so far:

• Conqueror
  • Moskva
  • Des Moines
  • Hindenburg
  • Henry
  • Gearing
  • Shima

Herny flanks and supports the Shima at the off cap. Rest does main cap. Moskvas are in short supply in our Clan and I think we would replace the Hindi with another Moskva if we could.

Maybe. In the end, the Conquerors are firing AP all the time because they're mostly fighting cruisers, and in that case, the Montana has unmatched cruiser-deleting firepower.

And while it has the uber-heal, it also takes a lot more damage from cruiser calibre guns, so... that feels like it might a wash too. Who knows?

Picked up the Moskva last night. Played one random in it to retrain my captain (I'm cheap). It seems like a very good ship. AP does major damage, and HE has good fire chance. I think the DM is a better DD killer with it's good concealment, high DPM, and longer radar (nearly 1 min with mod). The Moskva seems like a better all-round ship doing well against all ship classes. So far I'm following @OnboardG1 advise for captain skills. Although I'm not sold on vigilance, since RL and hydro give you a sense of where torps will be coming from, and you should have some ships screening out in front.  My biggest issue so far is figuring out what modules to use. Some are easy, but I'm wondering what other people are using. For instance is it better to take the reload module or the range module. The Moskva already has good range, but with the flat shell arcs the range module would still be useful.