hall0

Object 268 Version 4 / second RU TD line rework

WG seems to like reworking lines. This is their newest plan. Basically everything seems to be a tear lower in the future. Yes that means the Obj 263 will be a T9 in the future. And as the new T10 we will get the Obj 268 Version 4. Not to confuse with the turreted Obj 268 Version 5.  To be honest this tank looks rly fake and made up. 

And I don`t rly understand why the keep the 122-54 in this line. All tanks now do have their guns in the back and therefore a similar playstile. But the 122-55 is the only tank that steps out of the line. 

https://thearmoredpatrol.com/2017/10/26/wot-supertest-second-ussr-td-line-changes/

K4YJdk_vOi4.jpg

SU-101

Tier: VII
HP: 850
Max. speed forwards/backwards: 54 / -16 km/h
Hull traverse speed: 28 °/s
View range: 350 m

Hull armor: 130 / 90 / 40

Damage: 320 / 320 / 420
Penetration: 219 / 330 / 50
Reload time: 8,0 s
Accuracy: 0,4
Aim time: 2,0 s
Gun depression/elevation: -3 / +18

g_zmdFUg5OY.jpg

SU-122-54

Tier: VIII
HP: 1 100
Max. speed forwards/backwards: 55 / -18 km/h
Hull traverse speed: 28 °/s
View range: 350 m

Hull armor: 150 / 80 / 45

Damage: 440 / 440 / 530
Penetration: 258 / 340 / 68
Reload time: 12,0 s
Accuracy: 0,45
Aim time: 2,3 s
Gun depression/elevation: -5 / +18

8tigEHfTZuM.jpg

Object 263

Tier: IX
HP: 1 800
Max. speed forwards/backwards: 55 / -20 km/h
Hull traverse speed: 23 °/s
View range: 360 m

Hull armor: 250 / 80 / 50

Damage: 550 / 550 / 750
Penetration: 270 / 300 / 75
Reload time: 16,5 s
Aim time: 2,2 s
Gun depression/elevation: -4 / +18

KrhMwXbxNyg.jpg

Object 268 Version 4

Tier: TD-10, ZSRR, standardowy
HP: 2 100
Max. speed forwards/backwards: 55 / -22 km/h
Hull traverse speed: 21 °/s
View range: 370 m

Hull armor: 250 / 100 / 45

Damage: 750 / 750 / 1100
Penetration: 293 / 360 / 90
Reload time: 21,4 s
Aim time: 2,0 s
Gun depression/elevation: -5 / +15

Lmao, why the fuck do the tier 8 to 10 all get .45 accuracy, that is only slightly better than the fucking T-100.

I guess they want the line to be an in-your-face-type of TD but since they don't have any guntraverse angles, gundepression or a turret they will annoying as fuck to play that way.

The tier 10 is probably going to have overbuffed armor to compensate for the shitty gun (i.e a lower plate that can only be penned by goldrounds...)

Seems like this T10 isn't so fake after all. Still think it looks ugly though. 

6.jpg

The redesigned version of the 2nd variant which was indexed #4 was finished on December 18th, 1952. This design already had the index 268, and the chief designer was listed as Zh.Ya. Kotin himself. Externally, the 4th variant was similar to the 2nd, but the changes were significant.

First of all, the length of the hull was increased to 6900 mm, almost the same as on the Object 730. The length of the barrel overhang was reduced by 150 mm. The sloped rear of the casemate was straightened out, which increased the available size. These changes were necessary, as the new technical requirements were for a crew of 5.

The new crew member was a second loader, positioned behind the commander. The commander received a new cupola with a rangefinder and a machinegun with a curved barrel. The driver's station was redesigned, and he received new observation devices. The loading drum was left alone, but the project authors noted that the increased fighting compartment size meant that an even more powerful gun could be used. In parallel with the increased fighting compartment size, the armour protection was increased. The lower front plate was thickened to 160 mm. The front of the casemate stayed at 180 mm, but 160 mm thick cheeks were positioned at a sharp angle.The mass of the vehicle remained under 50 tons.

http://tankarchives.blogspot.de/2016/09/the-last-soviet-heavy-tank-destroyers.html

For me 263 was always tier 9,5 so this change is reasonable for me. 

Also they should remove SU-122-54 and make it a tier 8 prem tank or a reward for new personal missions. 

0.45?  FFS so lets wait 21 seconds to miss a shot?  Heaven forbid you have enough accuracy to hit a Type 5 'weak' spot without having to use prem-ammo.  The only interesting thing about the 263 line was that the accuracy and dpm differentiated it from the ISU-704-268 line.  Why would anybody bother with whats already the least played TD if its now just a gimped 268?

45 minutes ago, hall0 said:

Seems like this T10 isn't so fake after all. Still think it looks ugly though. 

http://tankarchives.blogspot.de/2016/09/the-last-soviet-heavy-tank-destroyers.html

I remember the Version Four as one of the proposals in the new T-10 book. Still, the second TD line should be about finesse and armour, not camo and alpha like the other one. IMO they should just buff the 263.

There's no way they're going to give a TD, let alone a Russian TD, that kinda of DPM and accuracy.  It's not going to happen. The SU-122-54 as listed is far worse (except for pen) than the WZ120FT

So either this is fake, they're placeholder values, or the line is going to have so much armor the only way to damage them is by using arty.

Oh boy, another 750 alpha TD! Just what we need!

While the Su-122-54 and Su-101 could probably see a little love, there is nothing so wrong about the object 263 to warrant replacing it.

If this went live with 0.45 accuracy I'd be...glad I never finished grinding this line, I guess. 0.31 -> 0.45 is a heckuva nerf. 

1 minute ago, DHP said:

it can't be .45, probably some initial testing value. 

More like 0.245 when these things hit live

I wonder when they will make a whole line of derp TDs, because that time seems closer than ever before

2 hours ago, Fabunil said:

The tier 10 is probably going to have overbuffed armor to compensate for the shitty gun (i.e a lower plate that can only be penned by goldrounds...)

I hate to be right.

ob_268_arm_1.jpg

Weakspots in 2017 :MingLee:

And here are the trashy softstats.

ob_268_tth.jpg

14 minutes ago, CarbonWard said:

Su101 at tier 7 is fucking hilarious.

2400 dpm 330HEAT 20hp/t 0.1gun dispersion.

Official forum a weak after release (and some minor buff like +50mm to all frontal plates):

- this is UP, fix it!

- Jagd E-100 penetrated me with HEAT. Give my money back u soviet bastards

- won't play it till a real buff

- I'd solo it with my TVP VTU and win every single time