hall0

Object 268 Version 4 / second RU TD line rework

46 minutes ago, CarbonWard said:

HEAT will autopen that 100mm sloped UFP.

At that angle the UFP will easily have 380mm+ EFA on flat ground when unangled.

That looks like 72-3 degrees at most if im being generous, which would put it at 50/50 with 330 HEAT, but if you account for shell curvature its gonna be 80/20.

If im not being generous and its only 70/69 degrees when its pretty much cheese, and i think the way the tank is presented makes the sloping looks more impressive than it actually is.

31 minutes ago, CarbonWard said:

That looks like 72-3 degrees at most if im being generous, which would put it at 50/50 with 330 HEAT, but if you account for shell curvature its gonna be 80/20.

If im not being generous and its only 70/69 degrees when its pretty much cheese, and i think the way the tank is presented makes the sloping looks more impressive than it actually is.

It is sloped at 75° according to the schematics @hall0 provided which would give it 380mm+.

Any discussion about the exact angles are pointless anyway until we actually see the model finished in an armor viewer.

I haven't played Tanks in two years, so I'm curious if they ever did anything to the OBJ 268 to make it something more than a pubbie xp sink that I wished I had never purchased.  I got it after the infamous TD uber nerf and within a month the consensus was to stop at the Obj 704. 

Just curious if they decided to either increase shell speed or lower aim time to make it more palatable.

25 minutes ago, BiggieD61 said:

Just curious if they decided to either increase shell speed or lower aim time to make it more palatable.

They just did 2 patches ago, gun arc is now 22 degrees, shell velocity is up from 760 to 950. Still not great in this meta though, but things may change.

11 minutes ago, Nekommando said:

They just did 2 patches ago, gun arc is now 22 degrees, shell velocity is up from 760 to 950. Still not great in this meta though, but things may change.

Thanks!  I play Warships primarily, but had 7 tier 10 tanks back in the day and our ships clan has a Tanks clan just for reliving the glory days.  The shell velocity increase would have been great a few years ago, but you are probably right about the meta not supporting the casemate TD lines .. not when "Bungholio" Crab Raper and his T49 brigade are out molesting innocent JPZE100's!

I mean the rest of the tank is paper but in the world of corridors, that think can out-tank an E3 any day of the week (up until you press "2", is the type 5 russian edition).

4 hours ago, BiggieD61 said:

Thanks!  I play Warships primarily, but had 7 tier 10 tanks back in the day and our ships clan has a Tanks clan just for reliving the glory days.  The shell velocity increase would have been great a few years ago, but you are probably right about the meta not supporting the casemate TD lines .. not when "Bungholio" Crab Raper and his T49 brigade are out molesting innocent JPZE100's!

T49 rectal-reaping squad has nothing to do with casemate; they used to frontally HE pen a pre HD E3, how's a turret gonna help .

Guess I'll have to try-hard my way to 3 marks on 263 before they completely fuck the line...

Seems like another instance of WG making a tank completely retard-proof to get more people to play it, while nerfing it heavily for anyone with more than 2 functioning brain cells.

Do people remember the original M46 Patton? 0.41 base accuracy, but with soft stats so good it was king of full reticule snapshots. These tanks seems to have 0.12/0.12/0.1 dispersion, same as it was on the old M46, coupled with the fact that they can autopen most thing in tier, I don't think 0.45 base accuracy is really that big of a deal.

Well, old Patton had quick reload, this has shit reload, so missing a shot will hurt much more.
The current 263 is beatiful because it can wreck shit at any range, and it's got good frontal armour as long as people don't smash that lower plate.

Edit: Just noticed the "awesome" 760 shell velocity on the 268 v4...

This change makes no sense. I'm fine with them moving the tnaks about to find better tiers for them but not butchering a line with a unique playstyle 

Give the tier 10 the 130mm gun, no one cares if the real life design had a 150mm, just keep it consistently as a line of mobile brawling TDs with lower alpha, high DPM guns. 

the 0.45 accuracy is fine with those soft stats on a TD, but the DPM and mobility is not. 

Buff the traverse to at least 32-25 deg/s, switch in the 130mm gun the 263 currently has with the 263 DPM, nerf the LFP to the original 160mm it was IRL. 

51 minutes ago, CandyVanMan said:

Edit: Just noticed the "awesome" 760 shell velocity on the 268 v4...

And you think about sniping with .45 :serb: 1/2 shells will bite the dust. 

Never grinded out 263, but it was fun while i played it on other accounts. Nice gun, solid armor and speed. 268 is cancer for example, this is just rear mounted replica :doge: 

1 hour ago, Nekommando said:

Do people remember the original M46 Patton? 0.41 base accuracy, but with soft stats so good it was king of full reticule snapshots. These tanks seems to have 0.12/0.12/0.1 dispersion, same as it was on the old M46, coupled with the fact that they can autopen most thing in tier, I don't think 0.45 base accuracy is really that big of a deal.

except m46 has gun depression, mobility, turret, etc etc

1 hour ago, Nekommando said:

Accuracy acts as a sort-of multiplyer for the bloom values, if anything you can excpect this things gun to bloom similarly to the Foch B albeit with better aimingtime but derpgun-accuracy at tier 10.

The real kicker though is the combination of awful accuracy and awful DPM, the fucking ISU gets 400 more DPM and .04 better accuracy for the same alpha 2 tiers lower...

1 hour ago, Fulcrous said:

except m46 has gun depression, mobility, turret, etc etc

Well these have about the same mobility and  it gets armor. No turret and depression makes it not as comfy but you blap much hard as well.

4 minutes ago, Fabunil said:

Accuracy acts as a sort-of multiplyer for the bloom values, if anything you can excpect this things gun to bloom similarly to the Foch B albeit with better aimingtime but derpgun-accuracy at tier 10.

The real kicker though is the combination of awful accuracy and awful DPM, the fucking ISU gets 400 more DPM and .04 better accuracy for the same alpha 2 tiers lower...

With that much armor and speed I think it can afford to reload slowly. Also, at in-your-face distances 0.45 and 0.36 is little different- we are talking about 0.09m difference at 100m, that's 9cm or a little less than 4" at 100meters. 

15 hours ago, MacusFlash said:

Official forum a weak after release (and some minor buff like +50mm to all frontal plates):

- this is UP, fix it!

- Jagd E-100 penetrated me with HEAT. Give my money back u soviet bastards

- won't play it till a real buff

- I'd solo it with my TVP VTU and win every single time

Remember that topic where some idiot claimed he can't do ht12.2 because people constantly pen his is7 turret with heat. Hell he didnt even use jpze100 as an example but t57