hall0

Object 268 Version 4 / second RU TD line rework

11 minutes ago, hall0 said:

oh you missed some fun. Facehugging E3s and dpm them to death. 450mm Heat. totally balanced. 

Don't forget the retarded dpm, mobility and camo that it was combined with

Good balance comrade. People complain armor doesn't work and they can't pen shit. Best tank for players comrade - you have to come close since vision games too difficult, armor and alpha so finger no tired from clicking. Players may be annoyed by playing against it and with it but it's what the forums want. Also we're out of vodka. How am I to design tanks without vodka? 

6 hours ago, Fabunil said:

Accuracy acts as a sort-of multiplyer for the bloom values, if anything you can excpect this things gun to bloom similarly to the Foch B albeit with better aimingtime but derpgun-accuracy at tier 10.

The real kicker though is the combination of awful accuracy and awful DPM, the fucking ISU gets 400 more DPM and .04 better accuracy for the same alpha 2 tiers lower...

duh, ISU was part of the ``winning the war team``, winning the war (if your russian) = winning in wot (if ur russian), its the best tier 8 TD since like ever, and when they nerfed the tier 10 TD guns, it had basically also (always) a tier 10 TD gun (untill they nerfed pen, because hurr durr)

We are lucky the IS3 only drove in the victory parade, because if it had killed some facsist it would have gotten 200mm UFP and a BL-10 (or special mm, so its always top tier)

39 minutes ago, GehakteMolen said:

We are lucky the IS3 only drove in the victory parade, because if it had killed some facsist it would have gotten 200mm UFP and a BL-10 (or special mm, so its always top tier)

Change BL-10 into BL13 and convert some armor into angles and you get IS-7 in tier 8, this is too OP and will not happen!

defender of motherland notwithstanding

6 hours ago, CandyVanMan said:

Don't forget the retarded dpm, mobility and camo that it was combined with

I remember some polish pubbie complained that the 268 in prime form was UP and bad and he had 42% WIN rate in it despite firing only heat...

9 minutes ago, Fabunil said:

Screw the old 268, I miss the first iteration of the Waffeltractor with 2.2k HP, decent mobility, 3360 clippotential and Russian Med-level of bloom values...

the only reason i miss the t10 waffle is the free af crew damage/module missions

3 minutes ago, Fulcrous said:

the only reason i miss the t10 waffle is the free af crew damage/module missions

If it got introduced as a new tank today it would get 280 of EFA on the turretfront and 10 degrees of gundepression.

1 hour ago, Fabunil said:

If it got introduced as a new tank today it would get 280 of EFA on the turretfront and 10 degrees of gundepression.

And a 15cm battleship gun :feelsgoodman:

16 hours ago, Nekommando said:

T49 rectal-reaping squad has nothing to do with casemate; they used to frontally HE pen a pre HD E3, how's a turret gonna help .

Ooh can I gif?

3 hours ago, sr360 said:

Ooh can I gif?

<PTSD Intensifies>

On 7/3/2015 at 3:36 AM, sr360 said:

You mean like this one?

GtEqwRf.gif

For those wondering how RNGod hate us all here's the original thread 

36 minutes ago, GehakteMolen said:

Mweah, Fv-183 with 275 pen HESH was the real lamer

cp_Vui.gif

Enough pen to pen weakspots, and enough alpha to one shot almost everything...

The main problem with HESH is penetration. Too high makes a tank broken pos, too low is not worth it. 

Currently I play Centurion 7 and with 480 pure alpha and 210 pen (without normalisation so...) it's pretty balanced. No one-shot even to 7 tier tanks and no point&pen at everything else. 

The whole HESH mechanic ist stupid anyway. HESH was never ever designed to pen an enemy tank anyway. And once every blue moon WG tells us they have plans with HESH, that they maybe are going to make it different, yada yada yada. Like Havok it is a nice fairy tale.  

22 hours ago, Fulcrous said:

The T49 bungholio brigade misses the WaffleCancer

2 hours ago, CraBeatOff said:

The T49 bungholio brigade misses the WaffleCancer

You still have the shitbarn. The turret is as big and the damn thing needs to aim longer.

2 hours ago, hazzgar said:

You still have the shitbarn. The turret is as big and the damn thing needs to aim longer.

It's just not played anywhere near as much as the waffle was. This patch certainly improved the shitbarn frequency, but it was a rare sight before!

8 hours ago, hazzgar said:

Unlike the waffle cancer shitbarn can do this to you too, with 2 times the alpha and 3 times the pen.

4 hours ago, Nekommando said:

Unlike the waffle cancer shitbarn can do this to you too, with 2 times the alpha and 3 times the pen.

The time it takes for the shitbarn to aim at you waffle would have already put 2 or 3 shots into you, if you were unlucky it detracked you. Also waffle could do that at range. 

10 hours ago, CraBeatOff said:

It's just not played anywhere near as much as the waffle was. This patch certainly improved the shitbarn frequency, but it was a rare sight before!

Yeah I'm tempted to get one given I enjoy my deathstar whenever I feel frustrated at the game.

OK WG is really trying to make this a brawler TD Line. More armor for the tanks and better traverse speed

changes in the 2nd iteration of the supertest:

-Increased the front plate armor of the SU-101 to somewhere around 260 mm on the corners and the upper plate, and 200 mm on the lower plate
-Increased the armor of the SU-122-54 to 270mm for the UFP and 220 mm for the LFP
-Small accuracy increases
-Increased the muzzle velocity (from 760 to 960 m/s)
-Increased the hull traverse speed of the hull to 30 degrees for the Object 268 V4
-DPM increased by 5-10%
-Decreased the aim-time of the IX tier
-Quicker aiming in sniper mode (increased gun laying speed)
-Increased the engine power proportionally to the mass of the tank

Tier: TD-10, USSR, regular
HP: 2 100
Engine: 1 500 hp
Mass: 75 t
Maximum load: 80 t
Power-to-weight: 20 hp / t
Max speed / Min speed: 55 / -22 km / h
Hull turning speed: 23 °/s
Terrain resistance values: 1,151 / 1,342 / 2,205
Radio range: 720 m

Hull armor: 250 / 100 / 45 mm

Gun: 152 mm M-53C

Alpha Damage: 750 / 750 / 1 100
Penetration: 293 / 360 / 90
Rate of fire:  3,052 rounds/minute
Damage per minute:  2 289,2
Reload time: 19,658 s
Accuracy at 100 m: 0,422
Aiming time: 1,92 s
Depression/Elevation: -5 / +15

https://thearmoredpatrol.com/2017/11/01/supertest-object-268-version-4/

Su101 260mm armor. We are talking about a freaking T7 tank o.O

2 hours ago, hall0 said:

OK WG is really trying to make this a brawler TD Line. More armor for the tanks and better traverse speed

Su101 260mm armor. We are talking about a freaking T7 tank o.O

It seems like they were talking about effective values, not raw. That’s still a shitton of armor for a tier7 but not as insane as 260 raw