Sign in to follow this  
kaneaaa

SPG 15 for t55a: almost......****ing....there.... (advice)

I need to just complete this one horrible mission before I am a proud owner of t55a. My only vehicle: the Su-14-2...... I keep trying and failing so far.... any advice? I never play arty outside missions, so I have to play it to aim for the mission (I won't play the thing for fun because its not for me). 

p.s. thank you wg for combining the experience of trying to have fun in a game with losing the will to live!

I found SPG 15.x mostly map RNG. I think i did pretty much all of 15.1-3 by getting malinovka, getting campy teams and being the only arty. Then proceeded to lob shells into the masses. If there are any low health higher tiers, try to kill those for the XP. Apart from those i'd aim between groups to maximise stun and minimise direct damage. Beyond that as it's stun you are after splash and shooting regularly tend to be more useful than alpha.

Just now, Ezz said:

I found SPG 15.x mostly map RNG. I think i did pretty much all of 15.1-3 by getting malinovka, getting campy teams and being the only arty. Then proceeded to lob shells into the masses. If there are any low health higher tiers, try to kill those for the XP. Apart from those i'd aim between groups to maximise stun and minimise direct damage. Beyond that as it's stun you are after splash and shooting regularly tend to be more useful than alpha.

Ok cool. It was so frustrating today I tried and for some bizarre reason I wasn't getting the assist damage on my stuns, my team didn't bother shooting big obvious targets!! 

I think the US cancer line is ideal for the missions. I probably did all of the 55a/260 missions with just the t9: 53/55 and Bert. This combination was the least painful to use(for me) Granted I did all but 4(?)of the 260 missions pre SPG buffs I think almost all solo.

The 53/55 is stupid accurate and rather mobile with a turret.... so map rotation doesn’t screw you quite as much because you can relocate and push out to angles you can’t with the slower SPG. I did the missions by relocating as often as possible between shots, loading full prem HE(extra blast radius), cola. BIA, gunnery, camo. 

I know you said you only have the Soviet spg but if you really want to get them done reliably as quickly as possible this is how I did them. The US line(especially at T9) seems to have the best mix of everything needed and the HP pool in matches to do the spg 13-15 solo. Good luck.

7 hours ago, kaneaaa said:

I need to just complete this one horrible mission before I am a proud owner of t55a. My only vehicle: the Su-14-2...... I keep trying and failing so far.... any advice? I never play arty outside missions, so I have to play it to aim for the mission (I won't play the thing for fun because its not for me). 

Prem HE loadout, run credit Fuel/LRK/Food for consumables, have BiA on the crew. Make the SPG as good as possible via credits, and accept you'll be hemorrhaging them while trying to get it.

12 hours ago, MagicalFlyingFox said:

There is literally no reason to play arty without food and premium HE.

Arty was the first line in which I consistently ran food, regardless of tier.  M44 is also good for these b/c of RoF and accuracy, and it's pretty highly mobile as well.  But I am likely to use orders to skip it for the t55a.

Depressing mission. Is it worth getting the 212A for this...will it get the mission done quicker... I've managed to be first in experience a few times....you think in any of those times my team mates shot 2500 damage worth on my stuns? Depressing. In fact they seem to fire a lot less once I stun something. I'm thinking of outsourcing this mission to my hamster while I go to work. 

It really is horrible how WG think this is acceptable. I pay money into this game, but with experiences like this I am less inclined to.

I got it done in the tier 9 bat arty, unfortunately during the week WG had screwed up the missions and turned them off. It's heavily dependent on your team actually shooting things you stun, as there's simply no way to accumulate enough xp through pure kills and damage. The game where I made the requirements I had like 5700 damage on stun, with around 200s stun applied. I've had plenty of other games with 150s-200s stun applied and 0, or 400, or maybe 1k damage assisted via stun.

Get the 212A as the mission requirements get easier the higher tier you are.   Not only for the higher hp pools but the higher avg damage dealt as well...if a jpze100 shoots something you stunned thats almost half the amount you needed right there.

I can't offer much help...as I'm stuck on the same mission as well (I have completed TD, MT and HT 15.3 with honours) and also only need this to get the T55A. Very close to using orders to unlock it.

I've found the issue is that with the reduction in arty damage, if you end up doing enough damage to get top on XP, you've likely done too much damage to get the assist damage that you need. Games where I have finished top on XP (to be honest only a handful for me since I got to this mission, probably 4 or 5 games, I'm not a very good arty player) have almost all involved pitifully low amounts of assist damage (such as on Prok or Mali) usually because enemy tanks don't tend to sit in the open to be stunned/tracked and you end up hitting them while they are in cover.

I'm trying to complete it in the tier 9 US arty.