Ickus

"The Feast"

Haswell, that last one is for WoT Console, so they're not actually related. Of course, the Console model is much better, since there are options that aren't 'hey you want to spend a thousand dollars?'

I mean technically it isnt a ripoff. Its 80 prems at 50% off. 

Its a rediculous package that no one aside from extremely rich or extremely stupid people will buy, but it isnt a ripoff. 

1 hour ago, Assassin7 said:

Its a rediculous package that no one aside from extremely rich or extremely stupid people will buy, but it isnt a ripoff. 

You left out the part where most of the tanks on the list are already powercreeped to obsolescence, or were just never good. Which means you'll probably never play them. Which means they aren't worth your money.

The smaller packages on WOWs are better I think, plus there are more viable premiums in WOWs, off the top of my head most higher tier WOWs premiums range from average to down right OP, so even if you have to pay for some crappy low tier premiums you'll never play, getting the 50% discount on the higher tier ones is a good deal.  No Belfast or Kutuzov in any of those bundles though which is interesting. 

As many have said most of those tanks there have always been crap/have been powercrept to hell/are duplicates. 

If there ever was a time to slip a Type 59 into something though.........

Also WGEU in sensible premium shop offer shock. 30% of tier 8 premiums and some of them even come with 10 x5 missions as well. 

Wow. Just wow

EDIT: And they don't even throw in the Pz 3J or anything else like that. Triple-wow.

5 hours ago, Haswell said:

You left out the part where most of the tanks on the list are already powercreeped to obsolescence, or were just never good. Which means you'll probably never play them. Which means they aren't worth your money.

that doesn't mean its a rip off. its still a tank, worth X amount of money, thats half off. 

the whole package isn't worth your money. but you aren't being ripped off by buying it. you aren't paying more for any one tank than you normally would (hell with the BT-SV and other rarer expensive tanks in there you're probably paying much less than the realistic 'value' of them) but 81 tanks, at $909 is $11 per tank. compared to buying them individually, its a bargain. 

but its still an idiotic bundle and no one should be dumb enough to actually buy it. 

7 hours ago, Assassin7 said:

compared to buying them individually, its a bargain. 

The trouble is that no matter where on the WoT ladder you are, you'll realistically make use of no more than half of them. So while technically you'd be buying 80 tanks at 1/2 price, you will essentially be getting 40 worth a damn, at full price. No, not a rip off but not a deal either. WG is basically hoping to score few idiots who'll find this to be an opportunity. It doesn't cost them 1 freaking cent, anything they get is pure 100% free money. And because they do realize probably not a whole lotta people will go for it they're not especially worried about some massive influx of premium tanks to upset game's economy or lose out on possible future transactions. Basically it's a wash for them, if someone's dumb enough to buy it, great, if not, whatever.

There's a dude on Reddit who apparently bought "The Feast". I guess if $900 is pocket change for you, then by all means but this kind of bundle should really include all the rare tanks.

On 24/11/2017 at 2:20 PM, Assassin7 said:

that doesn't mean its a rip off. its still a tank, worth X amount of money, thats half off. 

Not to nitpick, but...well...no. These are digital goods that you can't resell. They're not worth X amount of money. They're worth 0 amount of money. Once you've paid money for them you might as well as have paid for a small stone or a grain of sand for all the value it has.

These aren't items were 50% off means its actually a good deal, they're just digital constructs were paying anything for them at all is a dubious proposition.

Look at branded clothing or any number of other 1st world consumer goods... people are perfectly willing to pay 100%-1000% more for a sticker on a similar (or even inferior) product. The fact that it's digital isn't the thing, it's just good old fashioned marketing - convince someone that a thing has value, and someone will buy it. It's the Emperor's Clothing, and is as old as the hills. That said, I don't think this kind of thing is actually fraudulent, just not a good value. The 30% off tanks, on the other hand, are a good value....

5 hours ago, Daerlon said:

Look at branded clothing or any number of other 1st world consumer goods... people are perfectly willing to pay 100%-1000% more for a sticker on a similar (or even inferior) product. The fact that it's digital isn't the thing, it's just good old fashioned marketing - convince someone that a thing has value, and someone will buy it. It's the Emperor's Clothing, and is as old as the hills. That said, I don't think this kind of thing is actually fraudulent, just not a good value. The 30% off tanks, on the other hand, are a good value....

You missed the ball.

The thing with goods /luxury/ is about stating, i'm wearing tom ford suite and it costs 5 grand. You are making the statement, that's why luxury goods always have their consumer base. And always will have.

Same is here, some will buy this just too rub in other people face. Why? Because they can. This is prime example of wealthy kids (and i can't blame them).

On 11/24/2017 at 9:50 PM, DirtyACE7 said:

There's a dude on Reddit who apparently bought "The Feast". I guess if $900 is pocket change for you, then by all means but this kind of bundle should really include all the rare tanks.

Lul, there's that one guy

22 hours ago, BlackAdder said:

You missed the ball.

The thing with goods /luxury/ is about stating, i'm wearing tom ford suite and it costs 5 grand. You are making the statement, that's why luxury goods always have their consumer base. And always will have.

Same is here, some will buy this just too rub in other people face. Why? Because they can. This is prime example of wealthy kids (and i can't blame them).

Sounds like me :doge: