Sign in to follow this  
kaneaaa

WZ-120-1G FT: should I be using binocs and is it an aggressive tank?

Cannot really make this tank work for me. I'm a bit confused because people say use binocs and view range which suggests being quite passive but also it suits in-your-face aggressive play style. Any tips?

I'd say you're better off with optics.

How aggressive you can be depends on the matchup, top tier you can be pretty aggro coz only heavies/TDs can pen you without prem. If you're not top tier you want to be playing more in the second line, trying to poke when they're distracted or reloading. And try to use your gun depression as much as possible, using full 6 degrees takes your armour from 215ish to 250ish.

There should be a decent amount of FT games in here: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/178463273

If you're running food and have a decent crew, then optics should get you plenty of view range. I'd only consider binoculars if you were running some kind of peasant build with starving, inexperienced crewmen huddling for warmth on the engine deck. In any case you will have the ability to avoid blindness, so it wouldn't really change your tactics much. The high-ground is everything. Your front armor goes from 210 to 260 effective depending on how much depression you're using. Don't get me wrong, 210 effective is enough to completely laugh at code 22 from most tier 6s, but that kind of MM is not the kind of thing you can count on when you need it. And even so, there's always RNG to screw things up, so better safe than sorry. And if you can't take a high-ground position, just find some piece of rubble or something and wedge your nose a bit higher than normal to improve your UFP's angle (and to cover your lower plate).

The other thing to remember is that you basically have the firepower and mobility of a 121 but at tier 8. So long as that gun is actually being used, you're a winner. Don't even worry about the accuracy stats, sniping can still work. Just be patient and wait out the aim time and you'll be just as accurate as anything else. Unless the MM is so good that you jizz your pants before the battle even starts, you'll want to play a support/sniper role, at least for a little while. But once the teams thin out then you can transition to pure aggro and really put that eggroll cannon to work.