kaneaaa

Any thoughts on the t92 light tank- Premium tier 8?

10 hours ago, sohojacques said:

I do wonder about the HWK 12. Is it any good?

I sold mine immediately, which turns out likely to have beeen a mistake.  I think @CraBeatOff or one of the other really good scout players was raving about it's zoomability being comparable to the LTTB, which makes me think I am going to buy it back one day.

Looks fully trash to me. 

Pros are - Camo, low profile, depression, view range and gun handling.

Cons are - everything else.

DPM for that alpha is pathetic, pen is pathetic on both rounds, alpha is too low, HP is too low, mobility is poor compared to most lights, especially on top speed, traverse and hp/ton. 

Then it has woeful engine HP and frontal located engine, so the engine gets disabled in one hit from pretty much every gun it faces because it only has 104 engine HP. Pretty much every tier 6 medium has higher engine HP than that.

Needs some serious buffs, HP, alpha, DPM, pen on both rounds, engine HP, traverse speed then it would be half decent. 

It's not strong. 5 kph to allow, engine hp and alpha big downsides. It has about 4% camo on the Hwk but the Hwk gets 10 more VR and higher top speed. Its a wash on which is a better scout. The M41 90 is a bad one though, despite the strong alpha/dpm. I'll get one to fluff the T49 crew but i wouldn't encourage anyone else.

6 hours ago, Tanager said:

I sold mine immediately, which turns out likely to have beeen a mistake.  I think @CraBeatOff or one of the other really good scout players was raving about it's zoomability being comparable to the LTTB, which makes me think I am going to buy it back one day.

As long as it flips less than the LTTB

3 hours ago, tajj7 said:

Looks fully trash to me. 

Pros are - Camo, low profile, depression, view range and gun handling.

Cons are - everything else.

DPM for that alpha is pathetic, pen is pathetic on both rounds, alpha is too low, HP is too low, mobility is poor compared to most lights, especially on top speed, traverse and hp/ton. 

Then it has woeful engine HP and frontal located engine, so the engine gets disabled in one hit from pretty much every gun it faces because it only has 104 engine HP. Pretty much every tier 6 medium has higher engine HP than that.

Needs some serious buffs, HP, alpha, DPM, pen on both rounds, engine HP, traverse speed then it would be half decent. 

Yeah. It seems like a perfect example of a tank that seems comfortable to play but inable to influence games. So you will feel good about yourself and then notice you are loosing again.

3 hours ago, tajj7 said:

It seems to be basically an uptiered T71 CMCD with associated HP buff, a little view range, godly dispersion values, and same DPM at the expense of maneuverability and surviveability.  The engine module HP and location will seriously gimp it.  A slightly over average damage roll from a 75mm gun will take out the engine while guns above 100mm will take it out regardless...

https://tanks.gg/compare/t92?t=t71-cmcd~lttb~hwk-12~m-41-90-gf

14 hours ago, Ezz said:

It's the other prem lights that are the outliers.

This sums up so much about the game for me. I only started playing WoT ~1.5 years ago. The T92 would’ve perfectly fitted what qualified as a balanced premium then (ie just a little bit shit). Tech tree tanks still ruled the roost. But post Skorp G and the shitfest that is tier 8 MM, if a new premium isn’t tier 8.5 it’s useless.

On 2017-11-29 at 1:33 AM, sohojacques said:

Yeah the gun has great soft stats. But the tank has the same issue as the batchat 12t which I’m still grinding: combo of shitty pen, even when spamming premium, and low dpm means it’s really hard to rack up damage.

Now the T92 might be a shitty tank, but the BC12t is not bad at all. An autoloader on the T92 might fix it quite well tbh

5 hours ago, ThomChen114 said:

but LTG is Russian so completely balanced da

LTG has horrible scouting ability since no view range and sluggish movement. 

1 hour ago, Kolni said:

Now the T92 might be a shitty tank, but the BC12t is not bad at all. An autoloader on the T92 might fix it quite well tbh

I never got why people hated it so much. Camo and Mobility really made that tank for me.

15 hours ago, 8_Hussars said:

It seems to be basically an uptiered T71 CMCD with associated HP buff, a little view range, godly dispersion values, and same DPM at the expense of maneuverability and surviveability.  The engine module HP and location will seriously gimp it.  A slightly over average damage roll from a 75mm gun will take out the engine while guns above 100mm will take it out regardless...

https://tanks.gg/compare/t92?t=t71-cmcd~lttb~hwk-12~m-41-90-gf

This basically the problem, it was a tier 7 and they have bumped it to tier 8, and all they have really done is bump the HP up a bit.

Whereas most of the 'new' tier 8 lights are better than the old tier 7s, despite getting the same MM.

The engine issue is just going to make the tank unnecessarily awkward and annoying to play. 

Wishful thinking but it's not come out yet which is odd after the CC review vids so maybe they are giving it a little buff. 

2 hours ago, Kolni said:

The BC12t drives like a rocket but the T92 isn't even close. Its a BC12t but without the advantages of the BC12t that make the little thing pretty decent. 

3 hours ago, Kolni said:

Now the T92 might be a shitty tank, but the BC12t is not bad at all. 

Love the 13 75. It's a keeper. B-C 12t really doesn't do it for me though. Poorer gun handling and longer clip reload without any real gain in potential clip damage sux against an endless line of tier 9s and 10s. The fact that it's a 600k xp grind to elite it doesn't help, either. And getting a second gun mark while doing not much of anything suggests (at least to me) that most players have a hard time with it.

But you're an infinitely better player than I am. So it's like we're comparing apples with oranges when talking about the same tank. 

4 hours ago, Kolni said:

Definately needs an autloader. Doing 150 dmg pokes is ResidentSleeper

Edited by bolagnaise

2 hours ago, sohojacques said:

Love the 13 75. It's a keeper. B-C 12t really doesn't do it for me though. Poorer gun handling and longer clip reload without any real gain in potential clip damage sux against an endless line of tier 9s and 10s. The fact that it's a 600k xp grind to elite it doesn't help, either. And getting a second gun mark while doing not much of anything suggests (at least to me) that most players have a hard time with it.

But you're an infinitely better player than I am. So it's like we're comparing apples with oranges when talking about the same tank. 

Scout more, snipe less. Then it works. I also 2 marked it with some stupid low amount of battles and I was learning to climb in pubs with it so many 0 games. 3 mark should be doable WAAY <100.

10 hours ago, MagicalFlyingFox said:

The BC12t drives like a rocket but the T92 isn't even close.

Apparently there's a version of the t92 spotted with ~35hp/t. Rocket ship with two head boobs.

17 minutes ago, sohojacques said:

A lot of assumptions in that statement. I’ve never been one to chai snipe in LTs. 

I'm not saying snipe less. I'm saying scout more. Dont try to play it remotely like a medium. The camo allows you to get way closer than you think. Also good scouting can net you a ton of spotting. 

3 minutes ago, hazzgar said:

I'm not saying snipe less. I'm saying scout more. Dont try to play it remotely like a medium. The camo allows you to get way closer than you think. Also good scouting can net you a ton of spotting. 

Assumptions continue. One of my biggest failings for the longest time in this game was to play my MTs more like a LT. Not the other way around.

I guess the key mindset being encouraged is to view main priority of a scout as enabling your team to do damage. Regardless of assumptions etc. (it's likely not personal, more generic advice) but many use lights with a mindset of finding sneaky spots to do damage then just farm wn8. For me those situations are more the bonus of situations when scouting is no longer your primary concern.

But anyway, interested if anyone on ST can check the current game horsepower of this thing.

35 minutes ago, sohojacques said:

Assumptions continue. One of my biggest failings for the longest time in this game was to play my MTs more like a LT. Not the other way around.

Can you not be offended at everything? I got good results on mine, you were wondering why you didn't on yours. I just gave you how to play it AS COMPARED TO OTHER LIGHTS AND MEDS without assuming anything about you. I simply told you to spot more than you are used to in other similar tanks and rely less on the gun. So I've made no assumptions and you somehow managed to take it personally. Good job mate.

Tier 3 Light Tanks with at least 104 Engine HP:

M22 Locust, M3 Stuart, BT-7, Cruiser Mk IV.  Several other Tier 3 LTS have 100 engine HP - none of them are front mounted.  The number of times you are going to die with a blown engine in the open is . . . yeah, GG

nope

39 minutes ago, hazzgar said:

Can you not be offended at everything? I got good results on mine, you were wondering why you didn't on yours. I just gave you how to play it AS COMPARED TO OTHER LIGHTS AND MEDS without assuming anything about you. I simply told you to spot more than you are used to in other similar tanks and rely less on the gun. So I've made no assumptions and you somehow managed to take it personally. Good job mate.

I’m not offended. I’m just pointing out that you’re making a lot of assumptions about how I play the tank. Never said I was performing relatively badly in it either (56% WR plus 2 gun marks is pretty standard for me with the current tier 8 MM). Just that it’s a real let down after the 1375 and not a strong tank overall in the current MM. Easy to stomp pubbies with on the rare occasion that you are top tier though.