kaneaaa

Any thoughts on the t92 light tank- Premium tier 8?

3 hours ago, CraBeatOff said:

They've messed up its engine. It claims tier V listed at 600 horsepower. But it also claims to be the same as the T71 CMCD stock engine which is 350 horsepower and is a tier VI engine (which informs module health). They're likely going to fix this, at some point...maybe....or not. 

I just noticed that it ain't the exact same engine. Look close:

Kf7oG2K.jpg

So it should have the listed 600hp. Still doesn't feel like it, plus the module hitpoints-problem. I remain sceptical, but this could be a result of last minute rush changes, them realizing that 350hp just do not cut it in a light on that tier and with this tank's abilities. They probably lowered the traverse as a compensation and overdid it, imo. I shudder at the thought of how this vehicle would behave with a 350 engine.

4 hours ago, CraBeatOff said:

Mobility

Good

• Crazy low terrain resistance, hovertank extraordinaire 
  • It's still a LT

Bad

• Low hp/t partially made up for by terrain resistances...maybe see * below
  • Traverse on medium terrain is marginal
  • 60 kph top speed is slower than optimal, you won't be able to outrun some mediums and match distance with other LTs

I was wondering about this.. thought... could this vehicle finally make use of premium fuel over food to boost HP/speed?  The gun itself is bad enough that  is it worth trying to do anything for it?

What equipment are you running?

I was amused by the idea of a full scouting/passive set on this thing: some combination of vents - camping tent  camo net - optics and/or bino+ fuel

maybe to try to enhance the things it is already strong in. I dunno.. just musing

1 hour ago, Madner Kami said:

So it should have the listed 600hp. Still doesn't feel like it, plus the module hitpoints-problem. I remain sceptical, but this could be a result of last minute rush changes, them realizing that 350hp just do not cut it in a light on that tier and with this tank's abilities. They probably lowered the traverse as a compensation and overdid it, imo. I shudder at the thought of how this vehicle would behave with a 350 engine.

I spawned alongside one when in BC 12t today, and he was slower than me when accelerating, but not by much.

12t has 33,33hp/t, T92 with 600hp engine would have around 35,3hp/t and (had?) much better terrain resistances, so it should be quite a bit faster. So either engine power is wrong or they changed it's terrain resistances. I think terrain resistances are more likely, since your average customer has no clue what that is and more p/w looks better on paper. 

28 minutes ago, kreigermann said:

I was wondering about this.. thought... could this vehicle finally make use of premium fuel over food to boost HP/speed?  The gun itself is bad enough that  is it worth trying to do anything for it?

What equipment are you running?

I was amused by the idea of a full scouting/passive set on this thing: some combination of vents - camping tent  camo net - optics and/or bino+ fuel

maybe to try to enhance the things it is already strong in. I dunno.. just musing

rammer, vents optics. The problem is fuel doesn't give view range or camo. Its not dpm! And 10% of a low horsepower engine meh. 

I really enjoy the tank. Running tier 8 and getting tier 10 isn't so bad when you have mobility, camo, and view range! The only times I struggled in tier 10 was when the team was poor. The gun doesn't do anything quickly, and I'm not purple like Crab so they don't all turn to shoot me and let my teammates kill them. I wish the speed was a little higher for running away and some boosts, but overall it's not too bad. I've found that it gets up to speed quickly and can maintain it, though it does turn a little slow. Credit-wise, it doesn't stand out, especially when you have to shoot heat to pen some tier 10s. But fun is more important than credits!

4 minutes ago, CraBeatOff said:

rammer, vents optics. The problem is fuel doesn't give view range or camo. Its not dpm! And 10% of a low horsepower engine meh. 

but but.. gofast! ;)

Yeah, yeah... I was stretching for a reason to do something different... looking forward to trying this thing out later tonight.

I'm far from being good, but I'm having alot of fun with the T92.

I was watching Circon's stream earlier today when he was playing it and he mentioned that WG was going to hot-fix the critical engine damage issue.  Anyone know anything about this?

41 minutes ago, zavar said:

I'm far from being good, but I'm having alot of fun with the T92.

I was watching Circon's stream earlier today when he was playing it and he mentioned that WG was going to hot-fix the critical engine damage issue.  Anyone know anything about this?

I obviously have no details, but my guess is they upgrade the engine to tier VII so that is has more module HP and doesn't get destroyed by 75mm guns in a single shot. This will be nice, as right now it gets obliterated by critical engine damage..regularly. Like for me, 3 times in 23 games. Twice resulting in instant destruction. 

Here is a replay to see gameplay. http://wotreplays.eu/site/3971765#overlord-crabeatoff-t92 All VIII battle. It scouts great in higher tier battles. 

Here is another. http://wotreplays.eu/site/3971769#westfield-crabeatoff-t92

Both show off the tank nicely. Of course there are streamers who can show you much more footage, but I offer what I can. 

Thanks Crab, I will definitely take a look! just watched them.  Very good games.

How the heck did you bounce that shot from the Ferdi in the Overlord game?  I gotta get some of that RNG!

7 hours ago, zavar said:

Thanks Crab, I will definitely take a look! just watched them.  Very good games.

How the heck did you bounce that shot from the Ferdi in the Overlord game?  I gotta get some of that RNG!

I dunno, just randomness. Giveth and taketh.

The engine hp thing does suck though. I've lost the engine and been destroyed for it 3x in 33 battles, even after switching to large rep kit.

6 hours ago, DracoArgentum said:

If they'd left it at T7 I'd have bought it. As an 8 with that alpha? Not for real money. A pity too, it looks neat.

If it was a 7, I would have passed. The 13 57 and Type 62 fill that tier and their nation/class very nicely. I do appreciate that WG finally got me a high tier prem LT to train up the T49 crew (I'm in process of replacing the T49 commander with a female crewmember). Plus it earns like an 8 instead of a 7.

It's really working for me. The effective dpm is close to the listed dpm because of the crazy good bloom, decent accuracy, high velocity apcr and fast aim-time. The ONLY bad thing about it is the alpha, but its easier to do damage in this than the M41 90 because of....all the things listed above. And its a better scout, in part because you don't need to run a vstab, and thus get 11m more view range from vents. Even with my new T49 commander training situational awareness, and no recon I'm at 492 VR right now. When i slot in my 6 skill commander that goes up to 507. With 39% camo, this is basically T-100LT levels of vision dominance at tier 8. Its a shame a third of the maps don't use vision at all, and its so fragile that a single mistake costs you dearly. 

Anyways, its working for me, and lots of other people too. Day 1 Aces don't really count, this morning 2100 XP was just a 1st Class. I'm at about 75% MoE in 42 games, with 1250 XP/G, so its training potential is on par with the 13 57. 67% wins, mostly solo. It pairs very very nicely with a TD for vision dominance, I knew this was a gimme for me to run with @TheDivision in his S1. 

Overall, I think i prefer the crazy good gun handling over the autoloader. If it had an autoloader it would be balanced with the worse bloom, which would mean no vents, which means less camo, VR, accuracy and dpm. Plus then it would be the same but worse Bat12t. Of course having a well handling autoloader (looking at you AMX 13 75) would be fun, but also just a little too OP(within WG's constraint of 'LTs gotta be bad at everything except kemp boosh'). This tank as is hangs nicely with the better of the tier 8 LTs, the LTTB and the Hwk12. 

But don't buy it unless you're a real LT enthusiast and need a T49/Sheridan trainer. 

1 hour ago, CraBeatOff said:

Overall, I think i prefer the crazy good gun handling over the autoloader. If it had an autoloader it would be balanced with the worse bloom, which would mean no vents, which means less camo, VR, accuracy and dpm. Plus then it would be the same but worse Bat12t. Of course having a well handling autoloader (looking at you AMX 13 75) would be fun, but also just a little too OP(within WG's constraint of 'LTs gotta be bad at everything except kemp boosh'). This tank as is hangs nicely with the better of the tier 8 LTs, the LTTB and the Hwk12. 

Wouldn't autoloader disallow Rammer, so grant you Vents/Optics/VStab?

Regardless, I wasn't sold on it, and passed. Hoping this won't be like my regret on the 13 57 GF.

Just now, CraBeatOff said:

I need more sleep.

I think that is a perpetual story of both adulthood and gamers. Note: these aren't mutually exclusive, but rather additive, and in some masochistic/sadistic instances - multiplicative.

1 hour ago, Madner Kami said:

There's precedence for autoloaders with a rammer, think of 59-16.

Exception, rather than rule, and the 2-3 that had it happen, it occurred because there were single-shot guns in the grind.

Just now, Madner Kami said:

He didn't buy one when it was available.

Oh. I got mine for free. Forgot it was available but then it was total garbage. You can still have the type64 which is broken though it leads to a line that's garbage now. I'm sad about that since I have a 5 skill crew.