kaneaaa

Any thoughts on the t92 light tank- Premium tier 8?

On 5/29/2019 at 10:31 AM, Matross said:

I believe they originally gave this a clip IIRC.

On 6/24/2019 at 12:31 PM, PlanetaryGenocide said:

I don't remember that

I don't remember an auto-loader either.

However, if you recall when the T-92 was issued, every hit in the front damaged or took out the engine.  They provided a Hidden Buff to the engine circa 9.21.  The engine hit points were buffed (104 to 260) and so was the Horsepower (340 to 600).

3 hours ago, 8_Hussars said:

However, if you recall when the T-92 was issued, every hit in the front damaged or took out the engine.  They provided a Hidden Buff to the engine circa 9.21.  The engine hit points were buffed (104 to 260) and so was the Horsepower (340 to 600).

I do recall that but I definitely didn't buy the tank until well after that buff so I don't actually know what it was like to play it with the garbage engine.

Was great T49 food though

It was terrible.

With 104 engine HP taking any hit from a gun 37mm and above got a module damage roll for yellow and any gun 75mm and above got a roll for destruction.  Pretty much taking any fire into the front meant a damaged/destroyed engine.

Luckily, it was a hot patch a day or two later. 

Why does T92 not have 17O dmg shells like Bat Chat 12T, Bulldog, and M41D?  

Seems weird it was kept with 15O damage rounds from the tier 7s. 

The hotfix should have also included gun alpha boost up to 17O

T92 deserves to be an auto-loader. 6rds x 17O, dmg keep the 2,O85 DPM too

13 hours ago, Dirizon said:

Why does T92 not have 17O dmg shells like Bat Chat 12T, Bulldog, and M41D?  

Seems weird it was kept with 15O damage rounds from the tier 7s. 

The hotfix should have also included gun alpha boost up to 17O

T92 deserves to be an auto-loader. 6rds x 17O, dmg keep the 2,O85 DPM too

Because 75mm guns always had 150 dmg. But for some reason WG has screwed with alpha damage values .-.

Not true.

Guns scale to tier, especially later on. A  75mm ZiS3 first encountered on tanks like SU76 and M3G in Tier 3, will deal conventional 11O dmg. By tier 5, you already have American M1 series and Soviet S54 dealing 115, and even Chi Nu and Strv dealing 125-15O respectively. The Chi To, German L7O 75mm, AMX12T, and Cromwells  are dealing 13O-135 by tier 6, Swedes stay with 15O and 17pdr joins them. Tier 7 starts with generic 15O dmg 75 guns, such as American light tanks, and Hotchkiss even pops up with 17O, 17pdr remains the same. Unfortunately Panther unique long 75mm stays 135.

We can clearly see the damage scaling, another often used ex:  85mm guns are no different. Starting 16O, going to 18O, finally landing on two-hundred with WZ132. 

I think that T92 should at very least get 17O alpha, to match M41D, and M41 bulldog, and Bat Chat 12T. Since it is a prem, there is no real problem in giving it an auto-loader to entirely outclass Bat Chat 12T, because prems outclass tech LT all the time anyway, so why not. 6x17O, keeping 2,O85 DPM. Americans deserve a strong LT too.

It's been a bit crept by these other premium LTs. Buffing it to 65 kph would help. Same with 170 alpha shells, or an autoloader at 150. The gun , camo and VR hold up reasonably well under this revised MM though.

Crab Tier 8 LT power ranking:

EBR = EVEN 90 > Hwk30 = 432 > M41s = T92

Even the bottom tier ones are pretty good.

The HEAT shells on this tank are prohibitively expensive... 5600 credits for a 150 dmg 210 pen shell is pretty ludicrous! (same as on the T71 DA)

Then again, small caliber guns have always been screwed sideways by premium shell pricing for some strange reason...