kaneaaa

VK 168.01..... is this the climax of the advent calendar?

It looks utter trash in its current iteration (bear with me in this one).

• By far the worst hp/ton in the game, twice as bad as Maus. Even good terrain resists it has wont save it, as it badly struggles going up any hills.
  • Weakspots that are basically KV-5 levels on weak on a tank that has literalky twice as bad mobility or even worse, actually.
  • Side armor behing tracks is 60 which means that if it angles more than 30 degrees fucking tier 6 mediums can pen the track with AP and then track AND damage the tank
  • Turret is pretty far in fronr, sidescraping without exposing the side too much is not simple, reverse sidescraping with this slow shit...no
  • The turret location would be wonderful for peeking corners but LFP is bit too weak for that
  • Turret face is much bigger and flatter than VK 100 so with gold you can actually reliably pen it.

And then it has no statistical advantages over the VK. The 4.6 HP/ton alone makes it just no no purchase for anyone with brain. 

However, it does not fit the recent policy of premium tanks and in general it doesnt seem anyhow logical statistically. It is about as much downgrade to VK 100 as pref mm tier 8s were to regular tier 8s back in day except it has no pref and we live on day where prems are treated as equal or even better than regular tanks. 

Because of that, you can be 95% sure they buff it. Im gonna laugh my pants off if they release it in this state.

I will be surprised if it is actually able to reach its topspeed on flat ground.

That thing would take frustration to a whole new level, I wouldn't even play it if I got it for free...

Looking with the comparison tool, looks like it now has 1600 HP engine so the power / weight ratio is comparable to VK 100.

Dunno about armor model, I wouldn't be surprised if they changed that as well.

On 22.12.2017 at 6:30 PM, Copeyhagen said:

Haven't spent any money on this game over Xmas, no need to yet. Could this be worth spending my hard earned Europeans on?! 

No. Imho it's balanced (but people complain since it's not OP like VK1001p) but boring and annoying to play. You will get penned a lot in this but you have HP and Alpha to trade. 

On 12/22/2017 at 11:30 AM, Copeyhagen said:

Could this be worth spending my hard earned Europeans on?! 

No

Its literally the Majikarp of tier 8 premiums.  Not only is it god awful slow, it has huge holes in armor, AND I just realized it has a slow aiming inaccurate 128mm -  with only 440 alpha.  WG realized that the 45.03 from a couple of years ago was not shit enough as a german heavy premium so somebody in Minsk said 'hold my beer' and designed this POS.

2 hours ago, hazzgar said:

No. Imho it's balanced (but people complain since it's not OP like VK1001p) but boring and annoying to play. You will get penned a lot in this but you have HP and Alpha to trade. 

A tank that sacrifices that much for armor, shouldn't get "penned a lot". This tank has the same problems that the Churchills have and the only thing going for it is the alpha.

2 hours ago, Madner Kami said:

A tank that sacrifices that much for armor, shouldn't get "penned a lot" by tier 6 tanks. This tank has the same problems that the Churchills have and the only thing going for it is the alpha.

As I was saying elsewhere, it's a one trick pony without the trick. 

Cheers dudes, decided against it. Spent 25 on t92 which is great craic, and spent free xp to skip playing tiger p again and unlocked vk100. P

14 hours ago, Madner Kami said:

A tank that sacrifices that much for armor, shouldn't get "penned a lot". This tank has the same problems that the Churchills have and the only thing going for it is the alpha.

It doesn't sacrifice that much ONLY for armor. It also has 440 alpha in a tier where not so long ago 400 alpha on a heavy was THE BEST IN TIER. It also has 1700 hp and good view range. 

16 hours ago, Archaic_One said:

No

Its literally the Majikarp of tier 8 premiums.  Not only is it god awful slow, it has huge holes in armor, AND I just realized it has a slow aiming inaccurate 128mm -  with only 440 alpha.  WG realized that the 45.03 from a couple of years ago was not shit enough as a german heavy premium so somebody in Minsk said 'hold my beer' and designed this POS.

ONLY? A tier8 heavy and you say ONLY 440 alpha?