Jump to content
leggasiini

AMX 65t "appreciation" thread

Recommended Posts

After about 75 battles testing every possible combination of stock/elite turret and the three available guns (I even researched the useless 120mm gun) 
the best workable combination (at least for me) is the stock turret with the 90mm - basically the stock config. 

The result could be described as a slow and blind Tiger I with some beefy turret armor. The dpm is good enough to 
perma-track opponents while the stock turret is tough enough to reliable bounce even T10 guns if you manage to
hide your terrible hull. 

If this tank wouldn't be so painfully slow, about as agile as a brick and pretty much blind, It could be a fairly decent tank. 

This trashcan is so far probably the first tank in the game that I've driven in (near) stock configuration by choice. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, TheMadDragon said:

After about 75 battles testing every possible combination of stock/elite turret and the three available guns (I even researched the useless 120mm gun) 
the best workable combination (at least for me) is the stock turret with the 90mm - basically the stock config. 

The result could be described as a slow and blind Tiger I with some beefy turret armor. The dpm is good enough to 
perma-track opponents while the stock turret is tough enough to reliable bounce even T10 guns if you manage to
hide your terrible hull. 

If this tank wouldn't be so painfully slow, about as agile as a brick and pretty much blind, It could be a fairly decent tank. 

This trashcan is so far probably the first tank in the game that I've driven in (near) stock configuration by choice. 

So like a retarded T26E5?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, leggasiini said:

Tier 9 is really good so far, even when stock. A gigantic improvement over probably the worst tier 8 in the entire game.

just saw a few pro gamers play it and it will be monstrous... fast, very well armored with good dpm and accuracy. probably will try to 3 mark it

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, GehakteMolen said:

Isnt it a T34, with less pen, but more dpm (more or less)?

No hull armour, a bit more mobility, but in return a easy to hit weakspot on the  for a turret

The upgraded turret isn't very much of an upgrade. You have a choice between useable turret armor or better view range and RoF.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, GehakteMolen said:

Isnt it a T34, with less pen, but more dpm (more or less)?

No hull armour, a bit more mobility, but in return a easy to hit weakspot on the turret

Imagine a T34 with -2 less depression, 30 mm worse pen, worse accuracy, much less useful hull armor (cannot sidescrape), bigger profile (lol), massively worse turret (230-250 effective and full of weakspots) and irs not really even faster unless downhill, all that for 50 more HP and 150 or so more DPM, and you have the 65t.

T34’s main strenghts are the lololol penetration, depression and turret combined with alpha, 65t has only alpha.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I watched skill4ltu and Sirfoch and both of them seemed to be saying that T10 is very meh..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, leggasiini said:

Bought the tier 10 today, will play it tomorrow a bit. We’ll see how it goes.

?? Already finished the T9 ?? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The T9 is flat-out magnificent. I have some videos up on my channel.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, sr360 said:

The T9 is flat-out magnificent. I have some videos up on my channel.

You have a chanel? I feel stupid for not knowing this. Link?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, sr360 said:

The T9 is flat-out magnificent. I have some videos up on my channel.

Sounds like it needs an Appreciation thread. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Tier 10 is not that bad tbh. I am actually quite enjoying it.

That being said, 120mm is trash and you should never use it. People ree how bad the gold pen on the 130 is, but they forget the fact that having one of the worst base DPMs in its tier with 400 alpha on a big platform with not much HP is muuuuuch worse. My stats began INSTANTLY GO UP after I got the 130 mm.

Its definitely not as good as tier 9 but its still quite fun. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, hazzgar said:

You have a chanel? I feel stupid for not knowing this. Link?

See my sig

4 hours ago, Tarski said:

Sounds like it needs an Appreciation thread. 

I'm on it!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Educating story of the night:

Soo, I am assaulting in Siegfried line map. Match is going well, and there is solo enemy Black Prince (you know, one of worse t7 heavies) sitting alone on street, isolated from his team. I decide to rush him in my amx-65t, what can go wrong against lower tier weak heavy, right? 30 seconds later I am fleeing tail between legs behind corner, ammo racked, engine broken and losing dpm exchange.

And now I own new, shiny, amx mle 51. Happy ending, at least for WG and Serb moon base.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, sahtila said:

Educating story of the night:

Soo, I am assaulting in Siegfried line map. Match is going well, and there is solo enemy Black Prince (you know, one of worse t7 heavies) sitting alone on street, isolated from his team. I decide to rush him in my amx-65t, what can go wrong against lower tier weak heavy, right? 30 seconds later I am fleeing tail between legs behind corner, ammo racked, engine broken and losing dpm exchange.

And now I own new, shiny, amx mle 51. Happy ending, at least for WG and Serb moon base.

That is actually a perfect scenario for the BP. If you're running the 120, the BP has more DPM than you, and you have to aim more carefully at him than he does at you. I'd take that fight any day in a BP!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm certain the tanks.gg terrain resistances values are screwed up one way or the other. The Liberte, which it shows to have equal terrain resistances, goes 35 on flat ground. The 65t struggles to break 30.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...