leggasiini

AMX 65t "appreciation" thread

After about 75 battles testing every possible combination of stock/elite turret and the three available guns (I even researched the useless 120mm gun) 
the best workable combination (at least for me) is the stock turret with the 90mm - basically the stock config. 

The result could be described as a slow and blind Tiger I with some beefy turret armor. The dpm is good enough to 
perma-track opponents while the stock turret is tough enough to reliable bounce even T10 guns if you manage to
hide your terrible hull. 

If this tank wouldn't be so painfully slow, about as agile as a brick and pretty much blind, It could be a fairly decent tank. 

This trashcan is so far probably the first tank in the game that I've driven in (near) stock configuration by choice. 

3 hours ago, TheMadDragon said:

After about 75 battles testing every possible combination of stock/elite turret and the three available guns (I even researched the useless 120mm gun) 
the best workable combination (at least for me) is the stock turret with the 90mm - basically the stock config. 

The result could be described as a slow and blind Tiger I with some beefy turret armor. The dpm is good enough to 
perma-track opponents while the stock turret is tough enough to reliable bounce even T10 guns if you manage to
hide your terrible hull. 

If this tank wouldn't be so painfully slow, about as agile as a brick and pretty much blind, It could be a fairly decent tank. 

This trashcan is so far probably the first tank in the game that I've driven in (near) stock configuration by choice. 

So like a retarded T26E5?

14 hours ago, leggasiini said:

Tier 9 is really good so far, even when stock. A gigantic improvement over probably the worst tier 8 in the entire game.

just saw a few pro gamers play it and it will be monstrous... fast, very well armored with good dpm and accuracy. probably will try to 3 mark it

9 minutes ago, GehakteMolen said:

Isnt it a T34, with less pen, but more dpm (more or less)?

No hull armour, a bit more mobility, but in return a easy to hit weakspot on the  for a turret

The upgraded turret isn't very much of an upgrade. You have a choice between useable turret armor or better view range and RoF.  

6 hours ago, GehakteMolen said:

Isnt it a T34, with less pen, but more dpm (more or less)?

No hull armour, a bit more mobility, but in return a easy to hit weakspot on the turret

Imagine a T34 with -2 less depression, 30 mm worse pen, worse accuracy, much less useful hull armor (cannot sidescrape), bigger profile (lol), massively worse turret (230-250 effective and full of weakspots) and irs not really even faster unless downhill, all that for 50 more HP and 150 or so more DPM, and you have the 65t.

T34’s main strenghts are the lololol penetration, depression and turret combined with alpha, 65t has only alpha.

I watched skill4ltu and Sirfoch and both of them seemed to be saying that T10 is very meh..

13 hours ago, leggasiini said:

Bought the tier 10 today, will play it tomorrow a bit. We’ll see how it goes.

?? Already finished the T9 ?? 

The T9 is flat-out magnificent. I have some videos up on my channel.

26 minutes ago, sr360 said:

You have a chanel? I feel stupid for not knowing this. Link?

36 minutes ago, sr360 said:

Sounds like it needs an Appreciation thread. 

Tier 10 is not that bad tbh. I am actually quite enjoying it.

That being said, 120mm is trash and you should never use it. People ree how bad the gold pen on the 130 is, but they forget the fact that having one of the worst base DPMs in its tier with 400 alpha on a big platform with not much HP is muuuuuch worse. My stats began INSTANTLY GO UP after I got the 130 mm.

Its definitely not as good as tier 9 but its still quite fun. 

4 hours ago, hazzgar said:

You have a chanel? I feel stupid for not knowing this. Link?

See my sig

4 hours ago, Tarski said:

Sounds like it needs an Appreciation thread. 

I'm on it!

Educating story of the night:

Soo, I am assaulting in Siegfried line map. Match is going well, and there is solo enemy Black Prince (you know, one of worse t7 heavies) sitting alone on street, isolated from his team. I decide to rush him in my amx-65t, what can go wrong against lower tier weak heavy, right? 30 seconds later I am fleeing tail between legs behind corner, ammo racked, engine broken and losing dpm exchange.

And now I own new, shiny, amx mle 51. Happy ending, at least for WG and Serb moon base.

11 hours ago, sahtila said:

Educating story of the night:

Soo, I am assaulting in Siegfried line map. Match is going well, and there is solo enemy Black Prince (you know, one of worse t7 heavies) sitting alone on street, isolated from his team. I decide to rush him in my amx-65t, what can go wrong against lower tier weak heavy, right? 30 seconds later I am fleeing tail between legs behind corner, ammo racked, engine broken and losing dpm exchange.

And now I own new, shiny, amx mle 51. Happy ending, at least for WG and Serb moon base.

That is actually a perfect scenario for the BP. If you're running the 120, the BP has more DPM than you, and you have to aim more carefully at him than he does at you. I'd take that fight any day in a BP!

I'm certain the tanks.gg terrain resistances values are screwed up one way or the other. The Liberte, which it shows to have equal terrain resistances, goes 35 on flat ground. The 65t struggles to break 30.