Sign in to follow this  
kaneaaa

IS3A verdict?

What do people make of the Is3A and why isn't it in the premium shop anymore? It's like the tank has died out... as I recall it was kind of twinned with the Panzer mutz and the Patton Kr. Both the other tanks have been on sale, but not this one.

Because its basically extremely uninteresting, mediocre vehicle that brings really nothing to table and Defender is just flat out better?

I forgot that it even existed until I saw this topic.

3 minutes ago, leggasiini said:

Because its basically extremely uninteresting, mediocre vehicle that brings really nothing to table and Defender is just flat out better?

I forgot that it even existed until I saw this topic.

But if they are not going to sell the defender again? They could also easily buff this to be competitive

I got the IS3A.. and hated it. It sits in my garage as a momento of wasteful spending.

From what I remember playing it:

IS3 benefits from amazing gun handling(dispersion values IIRC) decent mobility combined with good armor in tier. All combined it is a strong package that shifts well, shoots well, and bounces shots reliably.

While the IS3A (more or less) keeps the armor of the IS3, it gives up mobility(making it harder to wiggle/shift and bounce)  and gun handling(+some penetration).   Would not recommend.

The IS-3A is basically an IS-3 without the two main things that make it good. Gun Handling + Mobility. 

In fact, what does the Caernarvon, KV-5, KV-4, Lowe, T34 and M6A2E1 all have in common? 

They all have better PtW then the IS-3A

Your turret is better shaped. The hatches are smaller to hit and the flat overmatch part is angled so only tank a lot taller than you can hit it.Apcr is also the standard round,  which is nice.

Other than that the tank is inferior to is3 and defender.