Sign in to follow this  
Tanager

Klondike (new GB map)

So the new Grand Battle map: Klondike.  Feels a lot like Nebelburg in the snow, although the islands in the South offer more cover and slightly different gameplay opportunities than the fields in the SE of Nebelburg.  Middle sees a LOT less action than the Nebelburg castle - seems like a no man's land for now.  Thoughts?

The map is much more favorable for light tanks and speedy tanks in general - there are actual viable bushes and various open areas to maneuver - in comparison to Nebelburg.

In playing the South, the island village only has 1 way in, yet 4 ways to escape, so it’s important to not let STRV’s or other dangerous snipers take it for free. Contesting the lone entrance to that village, however, is countered by tanks in the middle area. Sit/play near the village entrance and you’ll find out what I’m talking about if the enemy team aggressively controls mid (low ground area around the bridge). 

North has 2 (maybe 3, I’ll have to go back and check again) distinct corridor lanes that cannot support one another, though there are asphalt piles to use to setup crossfires in the lower level of this section (where the largest buildings are). Once North is won, there is a decent overlook to get high ground distance shots or you end up having to cross a ridiculously large open field area.

In general I’m not a fan of playing North, but because of the super heavy meta, you practically need to win it, else you end up with tons of high armor opponents left to deal with.

Overall, I do like the map because (as I stated in the beginning) it seems to harken back to the era where fast, smart flankers matter. Tier X lights can accomplish a lot on this map - they can really counter mid aggression from a number of places - , which I like (feels like meta from 1.5-2.5 years ago), whereas Nebelburg feels much more current meta (favors heavies, the campy, and high alpha). It’s very different from Nebelburg 

On 12/29/2017 at 1:22 AM, Strigonx said:

IMG_20171218_161459.JPG?width=400&height

::jebaited:

In case this is "lolwut" toward zarg12, please pay most of your attention to that last line. Specifically the last four words.

It's a huge qualifier.

The map is IMHO adequate, but out of WG's maps, it's second only to Steppes. However, the meta of super-heavies is still AIDS.