Okeano

Okeano & Rexxie's guide on where NOT go to on maps (Updated 12/2/15)

I can assure you, my friend, that there is no troll here.

k

The problem with lakeville valley has nothing to do with metagame issues (e.g. no1 goes there).

It's a bad place to push because from both sides, it's much easier to defend that area than to push through. That combined with it being difficult to retreat and flex elsewhere due to swamp terrain.

Lakeville valley push is kinda legit in team battles against terribad teams. They often go there themselves and even if they don't you can just lure them back to defend cap and annihilate them.

Pretty sure this is the point where we just stop giving the shitty troll any more attention.

I won't argue the usefulness of the valley on lakeville, I understand its a terrible spot for good players to go, and I avoid it in every tank I have... except the 263. If the other team doesn't have artillery, I usually rush into the valley with my 263 and push up and over the hill as quickly as possible to get my lower plate covered up a little better. From there I just trade shots with whatever is up there, they are usually so shocked that something has pushed over, that they just stand still, giving me perfect shots on them while they bounce off my hull. My key is to never get over-committed to it though, I can usually take out the 2 or 3 tanks they have guarding the valley and then make a choice, if it looks like my push pulled a few tanks away from the city battle, then I back off the ridge and let them waste their time on the soft terrain. If we're crushing them, I just push around into their base.

This has worked for me 90% of the time with the 263, though I wouldn't recommend the strategy to anybody, don't need more noobs rushing the valley when I'm in any of my other tanks and need them in city.

Um, I'm not sure I even know how to respond to that except to ask:  Are you serious?

Please don't comment on a game you don't actually even play.

Have a short break from posting, try the game out, you might like it.

The E5-E6 area in hidden village is quite effective if the enemy has quite a few TDs and especially if you have low profile scout like the ELC AMX. A lot of TDs like to base camp and its the perfect position to annoy/spot them (for both sides - although its more effective if you spawn south). And bear in mind that only low profile tanks benefit greatly from that position because there will be fire coming from the area across the river (lake?) and if the enemy happens to push it aggressively it can be a uphill task to get out alive then. So can't really say for mediums, but it is quite good for scouties/high camo tanks.

Oh I'm sorry, is this a new version of the game where one team gets 15 tanks and the other gets 30?  How are they "at your base, controlling everywhere else, AND resetting whoever is on their base" all at the same time?    If they are doing those things there are other problems.

Is this cat really that retarded?

Is this cat really that retarded?

No, if you think about what he was saying that's a pretty unlikely scenario - there's too much ground to control with too few tanks.  That's the only point I was trying to make.  And I'm pretty sure it's spelled "retarted", fwiw.

And you know this with your 892 battles, 40% success rate... how? I've been on Lakeville more times than you've played this game. Just lost a 3k damage battle on my Tiger yesterday in fact, when our retarded 8s pushed through the valley and got stalled by one T28. This is my one and only legit reply to you.

No, if you think about what he was saying that's a pretty unlikely scenario - there's too much ground to control with too few tanks.  That's the only point I was trying to make.  And I'm pretty sure it's spelled "retarted", fwiw.

Proof of retardation. Tries to correct proper spelling with mispelling....I'd tell you to go play the game instead of the forums, but keeping you out of tanks is best for everyone. Why are you here? You don't play the game. When you did, you were terrible. You won't listen to anyone who actually knows WTF is going on, so there is no reason to be here.....The people here generally have brains and use them. Maybe you should try it...There is a place for your kind. Called GD on the official forums. These forums are for people who want to contribute to the game.

OK, definitely leaning towards "troll"...

troll for sure

just go to his official forum post

http://forum.worldoftanks.com/index.php?/user/afterschoolcarl-4621116/

his interest is:

• Interests
    My biggest interest at the moment is to help others lern to play.

BACK TO TOPIC

any chance you try to review position for encounter/assault mode?

some of those map is useless for encounter/assault mode