Okeano

Okeano & Rexxie's guide on where NOT go to on maps (Updated 12/2/15)

Worth it, for science.

My only regret is that I used up all my pos and neg rep last night already on the wardec post.  

This also had to be done since the RS embassy got shut down and the bored housewives I posted were the last post to have red text prior to locking the thread.  :(

My only regret is that I used up all my pos and neg rep last night already on the wardec post.  

This also had to be done since the RS embassy got shut down and the bored housewives I posted were the last post to have red text prior to locking the thread.   :(

Plz repost to appropriate spot on this forum. Thx. 

Plz repost to appropriate spot on this forum. Thx. 

Doh!  I misunderstood what you meant and reposted the lakeville valley post here in map discussion instead of adding bored housewives to bewbs thread :(

This guy "enjoys pushing valley" and "will push it every time in his Patton"

signature.png

Maybe it's time for another fun post of PSA: if you are below 50%, stay tier 5 and below till you learn the game.

Last time i saw that it brought the fucktards out of the woodwork....  

It is right up there with the 44%er complaining last night in pubs that the "stat padder platoons" belong only in clan wars so his tier 9 stats don't get "artificially negatively affected" as he put it.

LOL

I have a dude on my ignore list because of an argument over this.  

Game started i said no more than 3 hold valley.  He wanted to push valley....  So naturally the pubbies follow the 44% guy instead of listening to me...

So all but 4 of thier tanks went city, with 2 arties left at base.  

So it was 4 vs 9 in the city, and with a hellcat covering the middle counting as the 4th we wiped out the city totally and started coming around to flank the valley and finish off the 4 tanks that our 9 + arties couldn't seem to kill.

We flank the valley and wipe them our in an epic slaughter in which we only lost 3 tanks.

This dude started spamming me after the match about how im such a fucking dumbass and he was right, that "his valley strat" is the best and i don't know wtf i was talking about.  I just ignored him as opposed to trying to explain to him that the 4 tanks in the city and mid won the game for him vs like 9.  I knew it was pointless trying to even explain it.

btw the tanks in the valley didn't get a single kill.  The ones who went city/mid took all 15....

Its even worse if they do well with this strategy in Encounter.

I had a guy in a British TD convince about 6 guys to go with him, and they easily won the valley, and got as far as the enemy spawn point before we lost to capping.  He did about 2000 damage, and after the battle sent me a PM claiming that I was a noob for only doing 600 damage and calling him out on his bad strategy, then he closed the PM and blocked me.  

Thanks for the tips! +1

So what's the purple area on Prokhorovka?  Is that the location of a secret unicum clubhouse?  8)

I've been to that spot a few times. It really depends on how the rest of your team deploys. You need to have a solid presence on the hill, and someone in the green spot on the other side of the track, IMO. If so, then it works well to hit the enemy on the hill climb. The problem with it is if you aren't supported well, someone can push at you through the town and then you're in trouble.

Excellent mark-up. Although I expect most people on this forum is well aware. Too bad as already stated, most will only argue on the other forum.

It's in the newbie forum for this reason. It's meant for people who are new and looking to start improving. This is probably the first step.

What would be the best positions on Erlenberg?

Also, what are the best ways to position in the towns of Abby and Lakeville?

I mentioned Erlenberg a couple of pages back. Abby I mainly play 2 line with occasional middle depending on the situation. Lakeville really depends on where enemies are in the city. I see people pushing up to the church for extended preiod of time, but I usually use it as a check point instead of the base.

Lakeville is covered in the lesson videos Heinkel posted. Perhaps you can watch them @ work. 

Doh!  I misunderstood what you meant and reposted the lakeville valley post here in map discussion instead of adding bored housewives to bewbs thread :(

Good thing you are a moderator and can rectify both these problems!

I can also fix your duplicate posts. - dlur

On Erlenberg I always move towards the hill opposite of my spawn location (but still not crossing the bridge).  I do my best to catch any enemies that do cross the bridge and make them pay.  Sometimes depending on which spawn I'm at and which tank I'm in I might push up a little bit to get closer to the bridge, but I still probably won't cross.  Once I feel like a large chunk of their forces that either tried to cross the bridge or defend the bridge have been taken out or forced into a corner I'll head back towards my spawn location and start shooting the tanks that crossed the bridge there all the while keeping an eye on the buildings in the middle looking for opportunities to shoot someone who thought they were behind a building but let their ass end hang out too far.

Abbey I'm 90% likely to go 2 line.  If I'm in a slower TD I might camp base in a location that allows me to shoot at the middle road when enemy mediums are trying to take abbey before I go 2 line.  If I'm in a T-54 I might go middle abbey.  I never go to either of the eastern 2 lanes unless I've already pushed all the way through the 2 line to their cap and am cleaning up remaining tanks for dmg farming purposes.

Lakeville I will go middle road if I'm in a T-54, Batchat, WZ-132, T49, or hellcat at least initially.  In a non-turreted TD I'll pause at the middle road for shots if we have a decent scout going middle road before I back off and head towards town.  When I go to town I always stay as far away from the lake as I can so I don't get shot from middle.  So I always start my town deployment on the 0 line, but generally don't stay there for long.  If I've got enough people with me in the right tanks I like to push past the church right away to limit the enemy's map deployments.

Its even worse if they do well with this strategy in Encounter.

I had a guy in a British TD convince about 6 guys to go with him, and they easily won the valley, and got as far as the enemy spawn point before we lost to capping.  He did about 2000 damage, and after the battle sent me a PM claiming that I was a noob for only doing 600 damage and calling him out on his bad strategy, then he closed the PM and blocked me.  

I had a great game in my T14 hull down just east of south of spawn defending a valley swatm "tactic". A suiciscout up the middle road detected 5-6 tanks going valley.

iirc i got Steel Wall, Sniper, 4-5 kills, at least 1,000+ dmg and 600+ spotting damage. Good times.

It's in the newbie forum for this reason. It's meant for people who are new and looking to start improving. This is probably the first step.

I mentioned Erlenberg a couple of pages back. Abby I mainly play 2 line with occasional middle depending on the situation. Lakeville really depends on where enemies are in the city. I see people pushing up to the church for extended preiod of time, but I usually use it as a check point instead of the base.

Is there any value in slipping a light tank over the south bridge on Erlenberg and try to get spots on the hill or tanks coming out of the east valley? There seems to be a lot of dips and folds you could use for cover.

Is there any value in slipping a light tank over the south bridge on Erlenberg and try to get spots on the hill or tanks coming out of the east valley? There seems to be a lot of dips and folds you could use for cover.

In low tier, yes.

In high tier, you WILL get spotted and you WILL get killinated.

Thanks for the tips! +1

So what's the purple area on Prokhorovka?  Is that the location of a secret unicum clubhouse?  8)

Playing encounter made me realize how powerful that spot can be.  

My standard lines are now: 

"West mostly irrelevant in ENCOUNTER" [encounter only]

"cover village AND hill please" [ping purple spot and the spot 3 squares to the east]

You don't necessarily win the game from there, but you stop your team from losing before the first engagement.  If the opponents avoid either the hill or the town, you probably have an easy game.  Better yet, as you cross the tracks, everyone telegraphs whether they are going hill or village.  You can flex to the lesser defended of the two options easily.  

I am irked by maps that have two+ important routes, but the only way to tell which way you need to defend is to be a psychic.  you may waste 10 seconds going the wrong way before it is clear to you that you need to go back and by then you have wasted 20 seconds getting to a critical spot.  This is a large part of the reason that I play fewer slow tanks now.

LOL, guess I wasn't paying attention to were I was at.

Just watched the "How to tank like crabeatoff" Was good stuff and all players new and seasoned a like should watch it.

In Type 59 (fast tank with strong turret and gun depression), I actually push across the south bridge to play the dip if I can get support. You bounce all day with your turret there. Arty could be a problem and if you don't have enough support, they could just rush you.

Great thread! I guess I fit your target audience... less than 1k matches played, still working up to the high tiers.

It's gratifying to see some of my hunches about these maps confirmed by experienced players, and better to learn a few new (to me) ideas. I'd love to see some more detailed analysis on a bunch of maps, including the differences with encounter battles.

Great thread! I guess I fit your target audience... less than 1k matches played, still working up to the high tiers.

It's gratifying to see some of my hunches about these maps confirmed by experienced players, and better to learn a few new (to me) ideas. I'd love to see some more detailed analysis on a bunch of maps, including the differences with encounter battles.

Sela posted a lot of great map writeups in his purple poaster thread. That's a great starting place to learn good firing lanes.