Tanager

Obj 257 - the Armored Catamaran

62 posts in this topic

11 hours ago, Tanager said:

WUT?  IMHO the 128mm gun is several times better - comfier, better alpha, better dispersion.  E75 and Maueschen can snap shots of which the 257 cannot even dream.  I think the ST-I is a reasonable comparision.

122mm has good DPM and a good gold round. However having played the tank a bit more (and people learning its weaknesses), it seems a lot less dominant now esp since it's obvious now that it can't even fight frontal engagements as well as a T-10. 

My god what a piece of shit one-trick gimmicky horsefuckery this thing is... 47% win rate and still dropping, can't carry at all in it!

Wish I didn't drop my T10 crew to put it in this thing... now granted the T10 has absurd gun handling, but ffs going hulldown in it made more sense than in this fucking piece of shit, I swear it has worse turret roof/cupolas than the freaking IS6 layout!

IMO this POS is only good at parking it 45 degrees angled in front of the enemy guns and pray they're too stupid to shoot the un-angled cheeks.

It is best at being sold for credits.

38 minutes ago, FavreFan4ever said:

I'm grinding this thing on the way to the IS7. I've got around 48l xp so far, as well as the top gun (thankfully).

Should I go tracks/turret, or engine? 

tracks then engine, turret is optional given that it makes you more vulnerable

2 hours ago, FavreFan4ever said:

I'm grinding this thing on the way to the IS7. I've got around 48l xp so far, as well as the top gun (thankfully).

Should I go tracks/turret, or engine? 

Buy tracks extension, use exp for something important. Always. 

28 minutes ago, MacusFlash said:

Buy tracks extension, use exp for something important. Always. 

I'd like the tracks for the increase in mobility, mostly. Capacity isn't a problem with the stock tracks, but I do find myself wanting to be able to move my armor around more efficiently.

35 minutes ago, FavreFan4ever said:

I'd like the tracks for the increase in mobility, mostly. Capacity isn't a problem with the stock tracks, but I do find myself wanting to be able to move my armor around more efficiently.

Turret improves your gun which makes you more efficient in battle so you earn more exp and credits. According to tanks.gg elite tracks do not improve mobility by much - in fact only traverse speed. Not worth it. 

7 hours ago, MacusFlash said:

Turret improves your gun which makes you more efficient in battle so you earn more exp and credits. According to tanks.gg elite tracks do not improve mobility by much - in fact only traverse speed. Not worth it. 

You have to deal with this tho:
unknown.png
As compared to:

unknown.png

IMO the 257 lives and dies by its armour, and the top turret will make you that much more vulnerable against high tier guns which can ez snipe your hatches with good softstats. The stock turret has minuscule weakspots so you can actually afford to aim. Bear in mind I over-rely on armour in general. (But if you want soft stats and firepower you'd be playing a T-10 anyway).

Also traverse speed is important to the 257 since you need to reverse sidescrape to bounce big guns.

Recently got back into the game and picked this tank up.  I'm amazed at how effortless it is to rack up hard damage in this thing.  From what I've heard, the side armor used to be more broken than it already is.  Haven't played the T-10 yet tho, need more free xp and hell will freeze over before I give SerB more of my money.  Is this easy to statpad in?  I don't have the patience to play any of my TDs anymore.

On 10/27/2018 at 10:56 PM, MacusFlash said:

It is well worth the top turret. :doubleguns2:

Obj.257.png