Lert

I purposely drowned myself tonight for the first time ever

After a dreadful three days, where I went from 188 wins to 53% to 231 wins to 53% I came across this team ..

21jbx5k.jpg

Well, at least the enemy team is as bad, right?

Yeah, right. At 0 - 10 down I just said "fuck it" and drove into the water.

I need a break ... I hear the weather in Minecraftia is good this time of year.

I don't remember which update it was, but one of the 8.x updates made it so it costs more to repair your tank if you kill yourself, either by drowning or HE shell.

Neg countered on the principle of sometimes you have to do what you have to do. 

That being said, on Severgorsk or whatever you call it, once my team was down 6 tanks to their 2, I left the mountain in my KV1s and drove towards the water, while being pursued by a full health trio, consisting of a D-Max, Kv1S, and a BDR.

Once they saw me go over a bump and into the water, they decided I had drowned, and turned their attentions to base cap. After 8 seconds, I popped out of the water, and raped them from behind. 

I know, story has no correlation, but sometimes, you need to drown yourself. 

Lert, I know the truth. You actually thought the TOG could kill everyone once it got to the water didn't you? :tongue:

I always just try to do what I can, whether I know we're going to lose or not. Although it may sound cliche, you're only screwing yourself over by quitting.

that's cool Lert, I TKed for the 1st time today also, killed a tier1 on my team in a tier9 match.

Man, that's not cool. Usually they're just trying to have fun. Let them have it. It's not like killing them is going to help your team at all.

^I'm not taking this back, because it's a game, not a fucking war.

Oh man, I just realised that this is a terrible comparison. Usually, weaker vehicles don't get "teamkilled" IRL, lol. It really should be the same in-game.

On the other hand, if it's a quasi-famous unicum YouTuber, terminate them with extreme prejudice.

^This, however, can be taken either way. It's like how Chinese players always TK the Type 59 Gold.

On Ruinberg by the time I had travelled from north spawn along the road and taken the right turn to go in to town  3 tier 9s and 2 tier 8s had died in town. Got dug in took a shot. No green dots on field any more, just me, two artys and a td left in 2 minutes. as the swarm came I got one more shot off and just got up and walked away from my computer. No alt f4, no exit to garage, just walk away before I throw something. Never understood in game suicide but I think I have some insight now.

Being top tier, I would never EVER drown myself. Now, on my AMX 40, in a tier 6 battles with 11 tier 6s, 3 tier 5s and 1 tier 4... yeah I must admit I did... :D

I snapped a few weeks ago and suicided myself in a platoon (sorry Mow_Mow), haven't touched the game since.

Done that, except i went and killed the remaining 4 people on my team then killed myself and didn't touch the game for 3 months. 

I always just try to do what I can, whether I know we're going to lose or not. Although it may sound cliche, you're only screwing yourself over by quitting.

Me too, normally. Not this time after these three days.

Lert obviously games on a potato. 

Nope. My machine is decent. I normally have 30 ~ 40 fps and ~125 ping in game, but ...

mine has that fps at the start as well, usually climbs to about 20 after ten secs or so. Same for Lert I guess

... this happens. Right after loading in my fps and ping suck for a few seconds.

that's cool Lert, I TKed for the 1st time today also, killed a tier1 on my team in a tier9 match.

"A special case of this is when you see a top tier tank platooned with one or two tier 1 tank. This is sometimes done on purpose. If you look above, a tier 10 heavy tank weighs 145 points, whereas a tier 1 tank weighs only 2. Thus the platoon's team a priori has a massive point deficit, which the match-maker will balance out by either dragging more lower tier tanks into the enemy team or by dragging more high tier tanks into the platoon's team. The tactic is frowned upon but permissible. It has become rare these days, likely because the success chances are mediocre. With two tier 1 tanks the team is missing 13.3% of its team that could play a useful role during the battle, whereas the only useful contribution the tier 1 tanks can make is sneak into the enemy cap."

This has been on the wiki since 8:27, 29 January 2012 - Written by the beta tester Snib

During This edit

They are tiny, and hence, have extremely effective camo.

I really feel like those three neg reps I got were unfair. :(

:( :( :(

i have been tempted latly but havn't ended up doing it, but things are getting frustrating as i'm playing like crap and my teams are dying fast >.>

i went from doing at least 3 damageing shots in my obj 704 to barly manageing 1 in my obj 268.

why Lert has been so had to find lately...

Yes, this would be why.

2hpunth.jpg