Sign in to follow this  
leggasiini

Object 705...thread

Dont see a thread for this thing, so here you go!

I actually liked the IS-M, and powergrinded it to get this...thing unlocked and bought today. Its...weird:

- 2k HP is nice

- the armor is...wonky, but when positioned right, its immensely powerful. Got 9k blocked game on my 3rd battle :^). Its bit like Kranvagn except sidescraper version of it, but the armor can bounce something outside of its perfect position, unlike Kran lol

- guns are...autistic as hell. 122 has very nice APCR velocity and good DPM with nice alpha and overmatch ability, but the HEAT sucks, its derpy and the APCR can feel powerless in terms of penetration. 130 mm is...autistic as hell. Nice alpha goes well with the HP pool, but 0.44 base accuracy is haHAA. Also its keks to roll for 370, and when your asking yourself ”why this gun exists”, you roll for 607 with the next shot...

- its slow, but I dont mind that, also the speed is fairly solid when downhill

Anybody else played this?

I haven't played mine yet mostly because I'm waiting til i can buy gold to not play it without the top modules.  I haven't heard great things about it - the IS-M is supposedly better for its tier and the fact that this thing's side armor is 90 and the IS-M's is 120 seems to make that opinion more true than not... but I'll let you know again when i actually give it a few matches

On 9/27/2018 at 7:24 PM, PieterJ said:

So which gun is the consensus better gun nowadays?

HEAT gun for sure, high DPM, good bloom, decent accuracy.

I actually play this with the 130mm.  It's not that bad - the armor is generally workable unless you give the enemy time to actually aim/sling gold, sidescraping isn't fucking awful... the gun is definitely retard-strength RNG required to make it really work but if you're up close and personal with nerds like you should be then, much like the IS-7's gun, it's perfectly serviceable.

I've got about 70k xp left til the 705A and I probably won't free xp much of it.

I used the 130 purely for the improved aural experience.

I used the 130 because bigger numbers means i'll have more fun (also because I'm used to the IS-7 gun anyways)

I've actually never tried the 122mm so I couldn't tell you which one is better.

Been stock grinding this, sticking with the 122 for now, will try the 130 later. I'm a bit torn on what gun should be better. Instinctively I want to say the 122, but alpha + pen is king on heavies, and the 130 has a little more of both. Hard to argue with 1259 velocity every time you get thrown into Prokh, though.

First impressions aren't great but it could be worse. I don't really see why you'd play this over the 50TP, but it does its job. Armor isn't horrible, guns are decent, it sort of moves fast enough to keep pace. Other than the impressive turret, nothing really stands out, but that can be a good thing too. I think the only heavy it really outclasses in a fight is the ST-I though, even if there are other heavies that are worse by virtue of how horribly slow they are.

3 hours ago, Rexxie said:

Been stock grinding this, sticking with the 122 for now, will try the 130 later. I'm a bit torn on what gun should be better. Instinctively I want to say the 122, but alpha + pen is king on heavies, and the 130 has a little more of both. Hard to argue with 1259 velocity every time you get thrown into Prokh, though.

First impressions aren't great but it could be worse. I don't really see why you'd play this over the 50TP, but it does its job. Armor isn't horrible, guns are decent, it sort of moves fast enough to keep pace. Other than the impressive turret, nothing really stands out, but that can be a good thing too. I think the only heavy it really outclasses in a fight is the ST-I though, even if there are other heavies that are worse by virtue of how horribly slow they are.

ST-I should be better than the 705, though: neither the 122 or the 130 has enough raw pen to punch through the ST-I, while the ST-I's 340 pen HEAT can cut through the 705 pretty easily.

I did actually play the ST-I a few months ago and it felt as strong as it ever was, plus it now gets the DPM and bloom buff (accuracy nerf notwithstanding). Then again, it's pretty much extinct and the people who do play it are morons.

The issue is that the ST-I has one of the worst guns of any T9, that 3.4 aimtime and .4 accuracy coupled with miserable .22/.20 bloom values and mediocre DPM is not a fun thing to play with. I'm not even sure if the bloom buff + accuracy nerf was even a net gain in gun handling, I wouldn't be surprised if the goal there was just to make sure it didn't get even worse.

The ST-I's HEAT is definitely nice, but it's really struggling to keep pace with the T9 heavy powercreep.

FWIW, I tried both when I ground through it, and felt like the 122mm was hands-down the better choice.  The 130mm is just too derpy on the 705 (compare it to the IS-7, and it's obvious why - the 122mm is already at IS-7 levels of dispersion, and the 130mm keeps the bad handling and bumps out to 0.42 from 0.38), and 315 HEAT definitely worked better fighting superheavies than 303 APCR.  You also get a modest but reasonable DPM bump with the 122mm.

It took me a long time, but I'm burning through my last few games in this vehicle. And also my last drops of patience. Mediocre armor, average gun, bad mobility, no depression. The 705 fails at the entire heavy trifecta while not even having comfort to ease the pain. Absolutely the worst T9 I've played since I ground the Type 4 five years ago.

3 hours ago, Rexxie said:

It took me a long time, but I'm burning through my last few games in this vehicle. And also my last drops of patience. Mediocre armor, average gun, bad mobility, no depression. The 705 fails at the entire heavy trifecta while not even having comfort to ease the pain. Absolutely the worst T9 I've played since I ground the Type 4 five years ago.

Totally agree, its awefull, semi-stock IS-3-2 is alrdy a blast too play, but this thing, howgod....