Sign in to follow this  
BlitzReaper

Rheinmetall Panzerwagen

Usually the vehicle threads talk about the strengths and weakness of a tank, give tips on how to play it or offer replays showing good games, tragic errors or something amusing.  This thread is shitty enough to belong on the official forums. 

The Rhm is a light tank that occupies a niche currently not needed in the game. It's a long range sniper support scout. It's fast, probably the fastest of the T10 lights, has a highly accurate and high penetration gun with decent alpha, but meh DPM. It's ability to hit anything on the move is non-existant and the camo of the tank, while nothing to sneer at, just does not allow it to get to advanced positions and make effective use of it's most important asset, it's gun, at the same time.

Use your mobility to impact the map. Contest early game valued areas, rotate to pressure advantages (almost always better than to reinforce weaknesses), and your camo on the move to gather as much information as possible for you. (Your team doesnt make use of it)

^ This is good advice.

I usually find myself going to weak flanks to support, and/or sitting behind the failing flank sniping and trying to keep the advancing enemy flank from rushing in, and folding over my team, praying someone on my team is paying attention, and decides to shoot at what i'm lighting up. Light tanks have no "staying power", so really... you just get one or two shots off before being spotted by other tanks and then getting mowed down while trying to run away.

Now that I think about it... even if I think about running back to get one or two shots off and lighting up the enemy flank that's pushing, its probably better getting somewhere you can get cross shots, and support the advancing flank + maybe get a shot or two into the folding flank. Can't spot, if you're dead~