sohojacques

P.43 ter: it ain't too shabby

28 posts in this topic

21 minutes ago, sundanceHelix said:

Choice between full gold stock gun and the top gun seems legit? (Tanks.gg gives exactly the same dispersion values, only the pen and shell speed are slightly better on top gun)

Interesting. Tanks.gg shows a 0.01 difference in the turret rotation dispersion value when I look at it, so I think you have vertical stabilizer applied. 

Stock APCR has 15mm less penetration than top APCR, and 8 m/s less shell velocity than top AP or 58 m/s less shell velocity than top APCR. You gain ~half a shot per minute, or 125 dpm. Stock APCR costs over 10x more per shot than top AP. 

So from my point of view the question is "are you willing to sacrifice profitability and shift your penetration from 146-244 to 135-225 in order to gain half a shell per minute (~two-thirds of a rammer)?" For me the answer would be no, in part because of how many more rounds I would bounce off heavy tanks when I do need the APCR. 

2 hours ago, Tarski said:

Interesting. Tanks.gg shows a 0.01 difference in the turret rotation dispersion value when I look at it, so I think you have vertical stabilizer applied. 

Stock APCR has 15mm less penetration than top APCR, and 8 m/s less shell velocity than top AP or 58 m/s less shell velocity than top APCR. You gain ~half a shot per minute, or 125 dpm. Stock APCR costs over 10x more per shot than top AP. 

So from my point of view the question is "are you willing to sacrifice profitability and shift your penetration from 146-244 to 135-225 in order to gain half a shell per minute (~two-thirds of a rammer)?" For me the answer would be no, in part because of how many more rounds I would bounce off heavy tanks when I do need the APCR. 

I double checked. With vert stabs (only) applied turret traverse has a 0.02 difference. So I must have gotten something wrong. Top gun it is then

Aced this on the second match in a tier 8 game.  It's not bad for tier 7 but i don't feel too great about taking it into tier 9

It's hilarious putting HE into wheelymobileys though

edit: Two aces now.  Still have a 100% winrate in it too after six battles... I think...  which is pretty unprecedented for a tier 7 medium in the current year IMO.

I have yet to get a tier 9 match in it but it's perfectly serviceable for tier 8 and below.  Your hull is surprisingly bouncy to lower tiers sometimes and while the gun takes a long time to aim in (and the shell velocity really does blow) it's honestly not the worst tier 7 gun I've used.

We'll see how I feel about it after tier 9.