sohojacques

P.44 Pantera....tier 8 MM

15 posts in this topic

Played 50 battles in it. Bearing the full brunt of tier 8 MM. 46% WR (59.9% recent WR at the start of the grind). I know it's an insignificant number of battles but that won't stop my rage-tilt kicking in. I'll try to not let that influence what follows.

Free XP'ed the top gun and tracks. They can me mounted without upgrading your tracks which is always nice. Mobility is decent with stock tracks and engine; good once fully upgraded.

The trend of making Premiums superior to their Tech Tree cousins continues. Progetto 46 gets: 0.5 second faster intra-clip reload; better gun handling; an extra degree of gun depression; better view range. Pantera should be faster with it's significantly better power to weight ratio. But WG, in their infinite wisdom, gave it terrible terrain resistances. So it's a wash mobility wise as far as I can tell when driving alongside Progetto's leaving spawn. Fuck you Wargaming. Fuck you.

I'm still on the fence regarding the reloading mechanic. Shooting the last shell puts you in horrific dpm territory without the benefit of just having dished out serious amounts of damage, à la Lorr 40t. But having the option of trading two shots for one with no real penalty is cool. And it's nice not getting caught with no retort late game, pants fully round ankles. I don't know? 

Definitely one of the best Tech Tree tier 8 MT's. I just need the MM to give me a fucking break....

2 hours ago, sohojacques said:

I just need the MM to give me a fucking break....

I really don't see that happening, hence why I haven't bothered with tier 8s for ages.

2 hours ago, SaintLaurentius said:

I really don't see that happening, hence why I haven't bothered with tier 8s for ages.

sorry about that tilt session really..:gaben:

1 hour ago, Vindi said:

sorry about that tilt session really..:gaben:

NP fam. My own issue is that my account is getting XVM-focused hard, but currently I'm too shit/rusty at the game to deal with it.

6 minutes ago, SaintLaurentius said:

NP fam. My own issue is that my account is getting XVM-focused hard, but currently I'm too shit/rusty at the game to deal with it.

It's hilarious that arty will also distinguish between a 2600+ and 3000+ wn8 account and focus the latter. But course we got jumped and killed by 6 tanks in half of the battles:babyrage: being a unicum is hard..

The pantera should have been the premium tank while the progetto 46 should have been the tech tree tank. The progetto is more similar to the tiers 9 and 10.

Anyway just dont care about WR. It is a much better game if you focus on having fun or simply doing dmg.

1 hour ago, nabucodonsor said:

The pantera should have been the premium tank while the progetto 46 should have been the tech tree tank. The progetto is more similar to the tiers 9 and 10.

Its a recent trend by WG, seems like. Just look at the S1, AMX M4 49 and 50TP proto, all of them fit the lines better than UDES, AMX 65t and 53TP, respectively.

34 minutes ago, leggasiini said:

Its a recent trend by WG, seems like. Just look at the S1, AMX M4 49 and 50TP proto, all of them fit the lines better than UDES, AMX 65t and 53TP, respectively.

And it’s a seriously shitty move . 

3 hours ago, leggasiini said:

Same move by the same retards who  know arty is hated by most players but they believe it must stay. 

• They’re not planning to add any more SPGs due to the players loathing them.
Nevertheless, it is likely that arty will be seen as a part of the game forever and will therefore stay, no matter what.

Grinding this at the moment. Have everything bar the final engine unlocked and I'm not enjoying it for some reason. Maybe it's just the bad timing of tier 8 match making.

Pro tip I didn't know: unlocking the turret adds an extra shell to the clip. Lol, I played about 50 games thinking how the hell does this only have 2 shells .....

5 hours ago, Copeyhagen said:

Grinding this at the moment. Have everything bar the final engine unlocked and I'm not enjoying it for some reason. Maybe it's just the bad timing of tier 8 match making.

Pro tip I didn't know: unlocking the turret adds an extra shell to the clip. Lol, I played about 50 games thinking how the hell does this only have 2 shells .....

Grinding it as well, VERY glad to hear it'll get a 3rd shell... this 2-hit combo shit is annoying as fuck.

11 hours ago, Copeyhagen said:

Pro tip I didn't know: unlocking the turret adds an extra shell to the clip.

Knew I forgot to mention something. That’s why I free xp’ed the turret. Not that it’s helped my win rate in it.

11 hours ago, Copeyhagen said:

Pro tip #2: using that 3rd shell is almost always mistake. Reload is horrible.

I thought my time in the Pershing was tough. But this grind is next-level torture. 45% win rate after 100 battles. And while I didn’t really like the Perishing (slow and the gun trolled the fuck out of me) I only have minor complaints with this tank: it’s size, especially it’s height; and it slowish turret traverse. Like the T-44, it’s another good tank defeated by 3-5-7 and’ll get sold as soon as I finish grinding it.

Sometimes I really do not get the hassle people are having with certain tanks.

I'm 122 games in it with a 62% winrate and 1900 average damage. I hear so many complains, and just want to ask around, why you think the tank is an underperformer?

• It has very good mobility
  • It rarely (if never) needs gold rounds (i carry 3)
  • It is a singlegun medium with the option to dash out three shots very fast.

It is a better Panther II and can be played like one. The good mobility helps to relocate quickly.

For me this tank is a logical continuation of the two predecessors.

I would like to hear your input :)